Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

We got our I-129F (K3) approval today (Dec 12)! NOA1 Sept 22

Wikiposts

We got our I-129F (K3) approval today (Dec 12)! NOA1 Sept 22

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:32 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default We got our I-129F (K3) approval today (Dec 12)! NOA1 Sept 22

I totally wasn't going to make a thread, as it feels kind of self-important to me (not that I mind other people doing that kind of thing, I promise!), but I've been told to go ahead and do it. So, here we go...

My son was sick today, but well enough to go to work w/me by the time 1/2 the day was over, so I figured, "Well, might as well call before I go in..." and it said "Your application for I129E was approved Dec 12..." (or something to that effect)!!!!

The website's updated w/the same info too!
(I've heard some people don't get a change of website info till after they get their letter...!)

This isn't the end of the story, not at ALL.
But it IS the end of the longest wait in this process!!!

And yes, I've already updated our info on the K3 timeline site.

BTW, what's NVC stand for?
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:35 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We got our I-129F (K3) approval today (Dec 12)! NOA1 Sept 22

Many Congratulations! It is almost over and what a great Christmas present! You are now an official member of "The Approved"
NVC is National Visa Center, I believe.

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
I totally wasn't going to make a thread, as it feels kind of self-important to me (not that I mind other people doing that kind of thing, I promise!), but I've been told to go ahead and do it. So, here we go...

My son was sick today, but well enough to go to work w/me by the time 1/2 the day was over, so I figured, "Well, might as well call before I go in..." and it said "Your application for I129E was approved Dec 12..." (or something to that effect)!!!!

(I've heard some people don't get a change of website info till after they get their letter...!)

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations! I saw your timeline update on the mediabrew site and it made me happy. Not as happy as you must be now or I will be when ours is approved, but happy to see that the NBC was making progress! Again, all the best to you both and thanks for updating your timeline.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:52 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, as Clare said, National Visa Center, which is in Portsmouth New Hampshire. You'll get your 2nd NOA in the mail and it will have the phone number for the NVC on it. The petition gets sent there for more background checks, and then it gets forwarded to the consulate where your interview will be. When it gets sent you will get a letter informing you of that, and your case will get a different case number. Once the consulate receives your petition, they send you "packet three" which contains the forms you will need for the interview. You return those and the checklist and then they contact you with the date. Right now, we're at the stage of having confirmed receipt of the petition with London and waiting for packet three to arrive. Congrats on the approval!

~SG
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:56 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Right now, we're at the stage of having confirmed receipt of the petition with London and waiting for packet three to arrive.
That's great news! Congrats to *you*!

We're London too, so I'll be anxious to see how long your wait is for the interview...
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:04 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

That's great news! Congrats to *you*!

We're London too, so I'll be anxious to see how long your wait is for the interview...
Simon and Vik, congrats again. I have to ask you this question because it's been eating at me ever since you joined the forum. Which one of you is the one who posts here, Simon or Vicki? And who's the USC?? (my guess is that you're Vik and that you're the USC).
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO AND HOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is wonderful news!

:PARTY:
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know how you must be feeling as I also got approved today!!!

One wait is over... a few more to come!! At least we are starting to visualize the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:58 pm
Together at last!

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
my guess is that you're Vik and that you're the USC
You guess right!!
Simon (UKC) has access to this account to, but I check in here more often and am (in general) more likely to post. (I don't actually think he's made 1 post here... Hehehe)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations again guy's.... !!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!
k3er

NBC NOA1 10/23/03
NBC NOA2, soon?
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Congratulations from me too!!

PS: Why on earth would you NOT want to post such good news thanks for letting us know!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:17 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Many congrats
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

but you are important as is the news...congrats!!!

Old Dec 13th 2003, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. It's always good to hear good news. I saw on the timeline that there were 4 approvals on the 12th. They are really starting to work through the backlog. Now, if they would only go back and start dealing with the RFE's. Then maybe I would have some good news to post.

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.