Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

We are finally doing it!!!!!

We are finally doing it!!!!!

Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:06 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are finally doing it!!!!!

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Well you guys wont be getting togther with Gary Newman anytime soon then, according to him England is ruled by packs of marauding yobs and there isn't a safe spot to be found. He's moving to Santa Monica because , and I quote ( couldn't make this up if I tried anyway )

“America clearly has its own problems, but Santa Monica is great. It has beautiful beaches and the Pacific Ocean. There is not one bit of trouble and not one surly or aggressive person there. Everyone is friendly.

You ask the teenagers there for directions and they are polite and helpful.

“Do that here and you are as likely to get stabbed as you are to get directions. The fact is the English are pretty miserable.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/92078...fears_of_yobs/

Can you imagine how the Visa interview might go :

" Er , yeah, so I wrote this song about 30 years ago called "Cars" it was all about being in my car, living in it like - was really good.. well anyway Englands full of knife wielding crack heads and Santa Monica is full of rainbows and lovely things, people skip down the roads holding hands, the air smells of roses and the police hand out milk and cookies so can I have a visa for there please ? "
OMG he's delusional Rainbows and puppy dogs. If he takes a wrong exit from the freeway down there it's more like gang bangers and drug dealers with pit bulls. (theres me being negative )
I really think people who are in the process of moving do point out all the flaws and exaggerate them to themselves and others, it makes them feel even more justified in the move.
I've been trying really hard to keep seeing the good things here so I don't go down that road.
Today we went for a late swim, 4.30-6pm it was lovely, the pool was shaded already, the kids were squealing and happy all around, I bumped into my Zumba instructor with her kids and we chatted and laughed, the pool manager came out as we chatted about teen boys (there were some lively ones swimming) as she cleaned the leaves out of the end I was sitting. All round everyone was relaxed and happy. I may go back again tomorrow night.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We are finally doing it!!!!!

Originally Posted by chris955
I think you are absolutely right, some of the absurd arguments people use to justify the move are just ridiculous. 'I came here to get away from crime' Good luck with that.
I found England to be no different when I went back, I was almost disappointed that people in shops WEREN'T rude and miserable and that our friends still went on holiday and appeared to be able to afford to live.
Having returned last year to the UK from Canada, I was also pleasantly surprised how everything has worked out. I found that there is work for those that want it and the cost of living is more or less the same as any other developed country. Of course, some things are cheaper and some are more expensive. Much depends on where you live of course but anyone who thinks England is overcrowded should take a trip around Herefordshire or East Anglia. No doubt, there is a negative press in the UK and anyone thinking of returning should look beyond this.