Wikiposts

Way to move forward?

Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:29 am
Just Joined

nickytuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Way to move forward?

I see the various points yourself and the other posters are saying but I just need to make a calculated decision considering the REAL risks. If I could get some various info on this it would be of true help. As said its a tricky decision and i'm trying to base one of my biggest decisions as a 26 year old man on what to do, that will shape my relationship with my girlfriend. Why cant people just comment on the REAL risks?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:32 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by country_canuck
Good idea!! Play the odds! Do get married and file for adjustment in Vegas, that way we can all play the odds along with you!
Maybe he could hook up with Squizzell?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:35 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickytuck
I see the various points yourself and the other posters are saying but I just need to make a calculated decision considering the REAL risks. If I could get some various info on this it would be of true help. As said its a tricky decision and i'm trying to base one of my biggest decisions as a 26 year old man on what to do, that will shape my relationship with my girlfriend. Why cant people just comment on the REAL risks?
This web page will give you all the figures you need.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:45 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The risk increases greatly after your I-94W expires.

If you look in the BE Wiki and find Pulaski Simplified, there's a list of adverse factors that will increase the risk at the bottom.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You do what you want matey ...
It wont effect us ...
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:51 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the replies above? I ask because there are several that explain the REAL risks in detail. It sounds though that you could care less about the REAL risks and are only interested in the PROBABILITIES. Don't confuse the two, applying from outside the US either as a fiancé or spouse eliminates both the risk and probability of deportation with a lifetime bar from ever visiting the US again, as a result of denial.

With that information, why would you even consider playing the odds and taking the risk? If you were already in overstay the decision to stay and play the odds might be more realistic. But you have a choice to do it the easy way and you still insist on putting your future marriage at risk? Why?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 6:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You are missing the point that the OP has made from the beginning. He does NOT want to get married. At least not yet. He would like to live in the US with his girlfriend and continue trying on the relationship to see if it is a good fit. He has a job in the UK and is telecommunicating his workload and still receiving a paycheck. That in itself is a no-no under the VWP. He is not here on business for meetings or overseeing the installation of a new department. But out and out working without direct USCIS permission. Hence the reason he is asking US to help him make a decision based on what we would assume the probabilities are that he will be caught and deported or when he does marry, if the relationship does fit, and he goes to adjust status what are the probabilities that USCIS will forgive him the overstay and the illegal work history?

I'm sure most of us can give him a probability percentage based on what we have seen here and read here. But the rules are quickly changing for those that adjust status under the VWP and all it takes is being in the wrong district with the wrong adjudicating officer and he out of here.

He needs an attorney to help him calculate the probability rate. It is not the members of this forum who will bear the consequences of his actions if he is caught. The decision is solely his. He has been given the ramifications of his overstay if caught.

What he needs, in addition to an attorney, is to realize that the world of USCIS has hooked up electronically with airports and his entry and exit will appear on USCIS networks. As will any criminal history he might have (not saying he does have).

Get an attorney. I cannot say that often or loud enough.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 6:10 am
Just Joined

nickytuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Il be sure to contact one this week and keep you guys posted. Thanks Nick
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Il be sure to contact one this week and keep you guys posted. Thanks Nick
If the attorney suggests that you remain in the USA, get married, and file for AOS, make SURE you tell the attorney that you are currently working (all the details), also make SURE you tell the attorney that you plan to overstay the VWP and not get married until summer, and also make SURE you ask the attorney what the consequences are if your AOS gets denied. Just telling you to be totally up front and honest with the attorney, and make sure he tells you all the harsh consequences if it gets denied. If the attorney GUARANTEES success, you should go find another attorney.

Then you can make an informed decision.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 14th 2010 at 1:14 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that puzzles me is that the OP wants to overstay..... but isn't even sure he wants to marry the GF!
If he decides against marriage...... he'll get banned from the US for sure!
Is it worth it?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
If he decides against marriage...... he'll get banned from the US for sure!
Not "for sure"... it would depend on how long he overstays.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Not "for sure"... it would depend on how long he overstays.

Ian
Exactly. The "for sure" part of it is that he'd never be able the use the VWP again. He may or may not face a ban.

Rene
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

As a supposedly educated 26 yr old professional, you sure are acting like a child. Nick, if you ain't mature enough to respect the laws of other countries, then don't expect any of us to help you circumvent those laws and don't expect those laws to not apply to you. That lack of maturity and selfishness is not a good start to a marriage. It's selfish because where will it leave your potential future wife if you get deported? What hardships will she have to endure because of your decision to 'play the odds'. And you have to ask yourself if your new marriage can withstand the consequences.

Before you potentially start your marriage on rocky ground, perhaps you need to actually read some of those links we posted to you and let the consequences of your actions sink into your skull. Invite your girlfriend to read the info as well, since it's her future as well you are playing with.

Even at the age of 24 when my (now) husband and I were contemplating marriage the first thing we did was research and understand the process and we were both mature enough to accept the realities of bureaucratic processes and respect them. We knew we couldn't 'have it our way' cuz USCIS ain't Burger King.