Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Want to marry my US gf and live there

Want to marry my US gf and live there

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:35 am
Just Joined

PeterBray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to marry my US gf and live there

Im 22 and she's 19, we've met a lot of times in the USA and we want to get married and live together in USA, I know you need a fiance visa first.

She's at college and has a part time job, and I've saved up quite a bit of money from doing various jobs but im not exactly highly qualified at anything.

I read that the person bringing you into the US has to have a mininum income of 9000 dollars I think, of course she isnt earning that because she is still in college, I've read a lot about visa's and it all sounds very complicated.

I want us to be married and living together in the USA within a year if possible, I want to know if this is realistic or even possible based on our circumstances at this present time?

thanks in advance for any help provided
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to marry my US gf and live there

Originally posted by PeterBray
Im 22 and she's 19, we've met a lot of times in the USA and we want to get married and live together in USA, I know you need a fiance visa first.

She's at college and has a part time job, and I've saved up quite a bit of money from doing various jobs but im not exactly highly qualified at anything.

I read that the person bringing you into the US has to have a mininum income of 9000 dollars I think, of course she isnt earning that because she is still in college, I've read a lot about visa's and it all sounds very complicated.

I want us to be married and living together in the USA within a year if possible, I want to know if this is realistic or even possible based on our circumstances at this present time?

thanks in advance for any help provided

Hi PeterBray,

Try out this link http://k1.exit.com/
and click the tab "Affidavit of Support".
I think you will find what you are looking for.
Good luck, take care....
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to marry my US gf and live there

You will need a minimum $15150 in annual income for 2 people
so she will need a co-sponsor...but how will you live, is it not easy to get a job of any substance without any qualification .. but being young may help ..but there will be a lot of hurdles for you to get over