Waiver for mariage?

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

laurajanaya will become famous soon enough
Default Waiver for mariage?

Hello,
As I told you before, I am engaged to get married next April with a U.S. Citizen. However, I am under a "clean" J1 visa right now (at least this is what I think No 2YHRR) The problem is that the year before this visa was issued I was under another J1 with the 2YHRR. Do I need to apply for a waiver so that I can file for AOS? Or, I'm "clean" of the 2YHRR?
All your answers will be of great help.
Thanks,
laura
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: Waiver for mariage?

I think you asked this question already, right? I am not sure its so simple. I would see an experienced immigration attorney for this. You don't want to rely on free advice, which is worth what you pay for it.

How many years did you spend at home before you left for the second J1. If its less than 2 years, your probably have to go back.

The waiver takes a while (if you get it anyway) so consider just doing what your promised in the first place.

Originally posted by laurajanaya
Hello,
As I told you before, I am engaged to get married next April with a U.S. Citizen. However, I am under a "clean" J1 visa right now (at least this is what I think No 2YHRR) The problem is that the year before this visa was issued I was under another J1 with the 2YHRR. Do I need to apply for a waiver so that I can file for AOS? Or, I'm "clean" of the 2YHRR?
All your answers will be of great help.
Thanks,
laura