Wikiposts

VWP Overstay

Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:31 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP Overstay

Originally Posted by Beamsy
the most honest... man you'll know.

With a history of living illegally, working under the table and not paying taxes, I would question this statement.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

ok, then file the i-130 etc etc. now i can get medical records & police report(not a pinch of anything) to help me out which costs $200 if i need it?
You are in the US. One of the advantages and the one that those with criminal records in foreign countries use is the VWP to come here and marry and file for AOS is because they do not have to get police clearance certificates. This is one reason this group rarely touches on but it is very real.

As for the medical, you find out the names and addresses of USCIS approved doctors from the USCIS website, make an appointment and get your medical. If you are wanting to lower costs, then you perhaps should not be doing AOS.

IMHO, you have already abused the laws and regulations of the USCIS and the US by coming here as a visitor, working with approving, not paying taxes for 8 years and now will become a US Permanent Resident by virtue of marriage to a USC. What more do you want? To be handed your green card on a silver platter instead of the stainless steel one they will be using to give it to you?

Last edited by Rete; Mar 11th 2013 at 1:01 am.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

i aint going anywhere. i know ill get accepted and i dont foresee any problems. it risky i agree. thats why i havent done it because right now im safe. im the most honest hard working family man you'll know. not got a criminal record, avoids confrontation.
Bull Crap ... you are none of the above
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

From the forum guidelines (sticky post):

We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, or make personal comments, or judgments, about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone, and only detracts from the discussion at hand.

Be respectful - We ask that at all times you treat every member with respect and courtesy.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:19 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The OP does not need a current passport. Having a current passport is not an AOS requirement. He only needs a current passport if he's planning to travel outside the USA *after* he gets his green card safely in hand.

Rene
You are probably right! I'm just a passenger!
My attorney made sure that I renewed mine (twice now!) so that I always had a current passport. He said that "they" like to see it current. Perhaps that is because I'm in removal proceedings?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Not the most current article, but somewhat interesting (and positive to you). Does not mention Colorado specifically though. But be happy you're not in San Diego!

http://www.cavanaughlegal.com/adjust...r-program-vwp/
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by slummymummy

We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, or make personal comments, or judgments, about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone, and only detracts from the discussion at hand.

Be respectful - We ask that at all times you treat every member with respect and courtesy.

Excuse me, but I have moderated this group since its inception over 15 years ago. Personal opinions have always been expressed. Once a poster puts their private information online they can expect to be given the opinions of others. I assume that someone from the UK or Ireland are not someone who has to seek political aslyum but someone who only thinks of themselves and not the law. Would you like it if someone like this made the UK their home without due permission of your government?

I do not have to walk in their overstay, illegal status shoes to have an opinion. I have used the US immigration system for many years. So please I will allow your opinion of post to be read so do the same please for me.

BTW my post was with courtesy and respect. You should be shocked to hear the way I truly wanted to write it.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 11th 2013 at 2:06 am.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I just thought some of the comments and wording were a bit harsh. And I thought maybe people needed a reminder of the forum guidelines. But of course you are in charge as the moderator.

My opinion since you sort of asked for it...

Not ideal to do what the OP has done but I can think of a lot worse, such as:

People who come to the UK and claim benefits and council houses for themselves and their 7 kids while preaching hate. (the guy with the hook, who eventually did get deported)

People who knowingly abuse VWP - AOS, ie entering the country with the intention of marrying and staying and then pretending they didn't have that intent.

People who are criminals. (Real criminals I mean.)

That's just my opinion but I didn't mean to take the thread off topic. Just trying to explain why I don't feel the same hate as others for the OP here.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:19 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend what they did was ok. Some people seem to think immigration law is flexible in the way other laws aren't. If you stole a car you stole a car, the reason is immaterial and you wouldn't expect to be allowed to keep the car afterwards. We should treat immigration offenders the same way.

No amnesty for anything, overstays actually resulting in an enforced ban etc.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:36 am
Concierge

I don't hate either. And for the record, I am no longer a super moderator as I have up that exalted position last spring as I've had my fill of holding my tongue in regards to the abuse of the US immigration system.

Whatever the OP's situation, he came to the US for a 90 day visit and remained without permission for 7 years and 9 months and worked off the books, never claimed/paid US taxes, virtually took the livelihood away from someone who was deserving of and eligible for the job.

It is the attitude of OP's such as these with their "but I'm not a criminal, I'm hard working, honest and responsible" that pushes the buttons. They are anything but honest, responsible or innocent of commiting a crime.

The US government does not owe people such as these any special treatment just because they married a USC. He should be denied Adjustment and sent back to whever he holds a passport for and if he wants then take his family with him when he leaves.

Being a US Citizen should not give the citizen the right to harbor and aid a criminal in their acts to avoid persecution.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for taking time to explain your thinking, I always enjoy reading people's thoughts and reasoning.

This guy doesn't want to be illegal anymore, if he did, he wouldn't have posted this thread. I agree that some of his comments were maybe unnecessary. Especially the one "I know I will be ok". I hope so because I'm a softie! But we can't be sure.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP had 'only' overstayed for 6 months before realising his error, then maybe a lot could be forgiven but 8 years? Really?

Sorry, but if it comes back and bites you in the arse then tough titty.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy

You have to admit the guy is pushing it a bit with the most honest hard working family man you'll know.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe a bit........... I will admit that. But I think he was just trying to portray that he's a nice chap who broke a rule and now trying to make things right or something like that. Damn - wish I had been an immigration lawyer!

<< snip >>

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 11th 2013 at 4:08 am. Reason: off-topic question
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, everyone's had their say about the integrity of the OP. Let's put that topic aside, and focus on any immigration-related questions he might have.

As of this post, further off-topic comments will be deleted...including the ones which reference the OP's "honest hard-working" comment.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.