Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

VSC received our RFE response

VSC received our RFE response

Old Dec 24th 2002, 1:23 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default VSC received our RFE response

Hello,

Finally they received it...so I can breathe again lol! A Christmas Eve present from the VSC maybe. I have a question though, on the web site it says regarding the RFE received status:

"It is taking between 15 and 21 days ... However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 21 days."

Firstly, I know this time frame is not accurate But my question is the "because preliminary processing was complete" part...why would it take the longer number of days for processing? I would think it would have said the lower number if it's already begun. It might help me understand the process better if someone could clarify. Just curious!

Juliet
Old Dec 24th 2002, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I would also like to know ????? , because that's exactly what my RFE update said word for word.

I am sure we will find out soon if it is 21 DAYS TO BE EXACT. hmmmm........don't quite think so, but at the same time anything is possible, a few people have had NOA2 for shorter periods of time.

MERRY XMAS

Deexx

Last edited by Finchd; Dec 24th 2002 at 3:33 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2002, 5:58 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VSC received our RFE response

Originally posted by jcapulet
Firstly, I know this time frame is not accurate But my question is the "because preliminary processing was complete" part...why would it take the longer number of days for processing? I would think it would have said the lower number if it's already begun. It might help me understand the process better if someone could clarify. Just curious!

Juliet
You already answered your own question in that the information is not accurate and should be ignored. However if you really want to know "why" it is not accurate, I would assume for the same reasons the projected processing time on the receipt notices, and the projected times on the phone system and on-line status checking system are not accurate. Namely, that INS HQ commands that different service centers list/mention different time quantities. Since it’s not the service center itself that comes up with this (nor do they have the authority to change those numbers to reflect more accurate numbers), I believe that is why you see messages such as these that don't seem to make much sense.

Glad to hear they received your evidence :-).

Good luck with the rest of your case.

Regards,
M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Dec 24th 2002 at 6:01 pm.