Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

visiting usa while waiting for k-3

visiting usa while waiting for k-3

Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

oceansky11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visiting usa while waiting for k-3

this is to all the ladies who have married throught the cairo embassy .. did any of your husbands visit you in usa through all of this time you waited..???If so what did they have to do to be approve... my husband went and applied to save me from having to come there and they denied him saying he didnt have enough ties to kuwait to guarantee his return...
just wondering
Old Apr 5th 2004, 2:27 pm
Paul Gani

Default Re: visiting usa while waiting for k-3

"oceansky11" <member23054@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > did any of your husbands visit you in usa through all of this time you
    > waited..???If so what did they have to do to be approve... my husband
    > went and applied to save me from having to come there and they denied
    > him saying he didnt have enough ties to kuwait to guarantee his
    > return...

Procuring a tourist visa while one has a pending immigrant visa petition is
very tough.

Here's a somewhat related case, of an immigration attorney who tried to help
his sister to get one:

http://www.gani.com/public/immigration/02-708.pdf

Paulgani

Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:13 pm
Tim Hortons' Addict

WretchedMidget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visiting usa while waiting for k-3

Originally posted by oceansky11
this is to all the ladies who have married throught the cairo embassy .. did any of your husbands visit you in usa through all of this time you waited..???If so what did they have to do to be approve... my husband went and applied to save me from having to come there and they denied him saying he didnt have enough ties to kuwait to guarantee his return...
just wondering
In order to actually obtain a visitors visa, he would need a lot of proof that he'd actually return. I would assume that some sort of proof of residence (letter from landlord if he rents a place, or some sort of document stating that he does have a fixed address there), and probably a letter from an employer stating when he is leaving work and when he will return.
He would likely need more than one item to "prove" he's going to return, and even that is not a guarantee that he will be able to make the trip. Even if he does have the visa and is ABLE to travel, the US customs officer can still turn him away at the point of entry on US territory - and then there's wasted money on a plane ticket if they suspect that he may not return.
It's always a guessing game as to who will and won't be able to visit their significant others. A lot of people don't even bother trying until the process is finished. I guess that would make finally being approved to move down there even more special
Anyway, if you two decide to try and apply again, good luck, but never, ever get your hopes up about it incase he is denied it again