Reload this Page >

visit the US while waiting for K-3

visit the US while waiting for K-3

Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visit the US while waiting for K-3

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Zeo Zeo Zeo.. I never said such a thing!
I said that every situation is different, For example, if one is waiting on the K3, gets a visitors visa or travels under the VWP and gets in BIG trouble with the law in the US.. that might very well jeopardize the K3 visa.
So Relax!!

They let me in !
And it was so incredibly easy !
It's very stressful to go on the plane, landing, and walking to customs...
I came with lots of proof of ties with my country, not very good proofs because I don't have a job there anymore, or a house, or rent,...but I felt optimistic anyway.
The immigrant officer (IO) was waiving his hands to call the next person in line. So I run there, because I thought he was nice. I got there, put a big smile on my face, show him my passport, (It even had the old visa Waiver paper that they forgot to remove, so it was an extra problem), and told him they had forgot that. He removed it, and asked me if I was visiting my boyfriend. I said I will visit my husband. (I wanted to be all honest all the time). He asked me if we had applied for a visa, I said yes, and he said how long ago, I said 4 moths, and he recommend me to do AOS !!! I couldn't believe that. I said: "No, I'm just coming to visit, I have to go back to Spain for my interview..." He said again to do AOS. I thought he was trying to trick me, and I said again, no, I will go back to Spain...this went on multiple times, so I think he really ment what he said. But WHY ? is what I'm wondering...

He didn't even ask me for my ticket back, or any proof. Usually they ask me tons of questions at the POE.

I think I was really lucky, maybe they let me in because I'm from Spain, maybe because for k-3ers it's easy than for k-1ers, or maybe because it was my lucky day. I don't know.

But the officer was the nicest one I've ever seen, after lots of visits to the US for many years.

Good luck to all who try, and PM me if you want more details !

And I hope they post the dates at NBC today !!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:27 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visit the US while waiting for K-3

Originally posted by acuario
They let me in !
And it was so incredibly easy !
It's very stressful to go on the plane, landing, and walking to customs...
I came with lots of proof of ties with my country, not very good proofs because I don't have a job there anymore, or a house, or rent,...but I felt optimistic anyway.
The immigrant officer (IO) was waiving his hands to call the next person in line. So I run there, because I thought he was nice. I got there, put a big smile on my face, show him my passport, (It even had
Wow!!! Yay!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
That was EASY!!!, Enjoy it!!
I can't believe he told you to do AOS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY: