Which Visa to Apply for?

Wikiposts

Which Visa to Apply for?

Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

vicky0205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Which Visa to Apply for?

Hi All

Looking for some advice on which visas to apply for, for our situation... My husband and I are looking to move to the US and are not sure what would be the best option.
We are somewhat familiar with an immigration process as we are British Citizens but Canadian Residents (we have been in Canada for 3 1/2 years now). My husband was sponsored as a window tinter/paint protection installer for the skilled worker visa in Canada and has this experience.
He is also an actor but by no means nationally recognized. He undertook a course to become a certified Bail Enforcement Officer, which he now holds. But to get a working visa or residency he and I will undertake whichever courses necessary to help get temporary or permanent residence LEGALLY in the US.
I have ten years administrative experience and hold an Executive Assistant Diploma. The past four years as an IT Project Coordinator/Project Controls. This has also involved working in an IT Financial/Budget Analyst position. I have my own corporation and have a Business Analyst Certification (recognized by the International Institute of Business Analysis) as well as having the CAPM designation with the Project Management Institute.

So the question, based on our experience, qualifications or soon to hold qualifications, our present residency in Canada and my corporation, does anyone out there have any advice on which visa would be the best option to apply under or what we should do to help move us forward in getting a visa????
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Visa to Apply for?

Originally Posted by vicky0205
So the question, based on our experience, qualifications or soon to hold qualifications, our present residency in Canada and my corporation, does anyone out there have any advice on which visa would be the best option to apply under or what we should do to help move us forward in getting a visa????
Every case is unique. Also, there is often a "tiny" detail would otherwise escape notice, but will come out in a one-on-one consultation with the appropriate documents available. There are many competent attorneys conversant in US immigration law on both sides of the border. A consultation might be in order. Good luck.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:34 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Looking for some advice on which visas to apply for, for our situation... My husband and I are looking to move to the US and are not sure what would be the best option.
We are somewhat familiar with an immigration process as we are British Citizens but Canadian Residents (we have been in Canada for 3 1/2 years now).
Are you really thinking of abandoning your Canadian residency, without becoming Canadian citizens.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for some advice on which visas to apply for, for our situation...
Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified. If you can answer "yes" to any of the questions, then there's a chance. If not, you won't be coming to the US as anything other than a visitor.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

We are somewhat familiar with an immigration process as we are British Citizens but Canadian Residents (we have been in Canada for 3 1/2 years now). My husband was sponsored as a window tinter/paint protection installer for the skilled worker visa in Canada and has this experience.
He is also an actor but by no means nationally recognized. He undertook a course to become a certified Bail Enforcement Officer, which he now holds. But to get a working visa or residency he and I will undertake whichever courses necessary to help get temporary or permanent residence LEGALLY in the US.
I have ten years administrative experience and hold an Executive Assistant Diploma. The past four years as an IT Project Coordinator/Project Controls. This has also involved working in an IT Financial/Budget Analyst position. I have my own corporation and have a Business Analyst Certification (recognized by the International Institute of Business Analysis) as well as having the CAPM designation with the Project Management Institute.

There may indeed by a tiny detail as S Floinsky points out. But unfortunately the tiny detail is not in anything you wrote. Look for affirmative answers at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified. Don't be surprised if you find nothing -- this makes you like most people.