Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vermont I-130 processing now 1 Sept 2004!

Vermont I-130 processing now 1 Sept 2004!

Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vermont I-130 processing now 1 Sept 2004!

there must be something wrong..
When I looked up the processing times for Vermont they said on http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=16501
that they are processing September 1st 2004!

Does that mean if I apply now I could be in the US as soon as in 2 months? (That would be a dream!!)
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice
Default Re: Vermont I-130 processing now 1 Sept 2004!

Originally Posted by MissF
When I looked up the processing times for Vermont they said on http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=16501

Does that mean if I apply now I could be in the US as soon as in 2 months? (That would be a dream!!)
Seems like aila.org is correct

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...Center=Vermont

No - you won't be here in the us in 2 months, but may be much faster than ever before (depending on the consulate). The paperwork for CR-1 (or IR-1) is processed here in the U.S., at NVC. The paperwork takes much longer to process compared to K3. You'll have to wait at least 3 months for all the forms to be processed. Then comes the background check. How long that takes - that's anybody's guess. After that, the paperwork gets sent to the appropriate consulate. If you are going through a high-volume consulate (like China), you may have to wait 3-4 months until you get your appointment letter.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohh.. and there was hope for a second.
What is a CR-1?

Originally Posted by johnandrose
Seems like aila.org is correct

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...Center=Vermont

No - you won't be here in the us in 2 months, but may be much faster than ever before (depending on the consulate). The paperwork for CR-1 (or IR-1) is processed here in the U.S., at NVC. The paperwork takes much longer to process compared to K3. You'll have to wait at least 3 months for all the forms to be processed. Then comes the background check. How long that takes - that's anybody's guess. After that, the paperwork gets sent to the appropriate consulate. If you are going through a high-volume consulate (like China), you may have to wait 3-4 months until you get your appointment letter.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No. It means that when the I-130 is approved at Vermont it goes to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. Hubby is sent a notice and he sends them his affidavit of support and a check for the processing fee. If the I-864 is approved you will in turn be sent a package of documents, one of which is the checklist of documents you need to have. Once you have all the documents you return the checklist to NVC and they in turn sets up your appointment with Montreal. Once you have your interview in Montreal and you are approved then you can come to the US.

One thing is that you will need police clearance from any country you have lived in since the age of 16. So you might want to start the ball rolling on getting those certificates since you are Swiss and now live in Canada. You will need a long form birth certificate, any marriage and divorce certificates, your medical and vaccination report, etc.

Rete
Old Oct 15th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Ohh.. and there was hope for a second.
What is a CR-1?
Hey there! There's still hope. Getting your I-130 approved is a BIG step Another thing is that if you decide to go the immigrant way, then your spouse won't have to go through all those AOS, EAD processes. As soon he/she gets here, he/she is able to work and has a green card (well, it takes a few months to get the actual card in the mail).

To tell you the truth, my I-130 was approved about a month before my I-129F. So, I had started the CR-1 process for my wife. I have a timeline on ym webpage. You are most welcome to visit. It'll give you some idea about the wait time. The address is:

http://www.geocities.com/jgomes4551/

By the way, CR means "Conditional Residency". If your marriage is less than 2 years old, you get a CR-1 visa. You'll have to file a form to remove the conditional status. If you've been married for more than 2 years, you get an IR-1 visa.