Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

on the verge of giving up this game.....

Wikiposts

on the verge of giving up this game.....

Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default on the verge of giving up this game.....

hi, all !
just been researching this immgration game into the USA and the results are not looking too good---by that i mean that if my daughter takes up a job offer there, it's no good to me and the rest of my family, as she will need to get a green card, then become a citizen, and then try and sponsor us, which means i will be well into my 60s by then!
the other thing is, even if i emigrate on an e2 visa, once my kids hit 21, they cannot stay there and either have to reapply for another visa, or basically get out! that will obviously do no good to their self-confidence exactly, will it? and what would be the point of staying there on an e2 if i can never ever become a US citizen???
what really pi..ed me off was when i was surfing an american lawyer's website, and their advice to people with families wishing to emigrate on an e2 was "...if you have children nearing age 21, stay at home...." !! i mean, the audacity of it! not in the least bit encouraging, is it?
so, in a nutshell, i do not really know what to do at this point---seems that people who are in the US illegally are having a whale of a time, whilst people like us who are qualified, willing to put money down and help the US economy, are having all sorts of obstacles thrown in front of us!! any ideas anyone.......?
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: on the verge of giving up this game.....

>US illegally are having a whale of a time, whilst people like us >who are qualified, willing to put money down and help the US >economy, are having all sorts of obstacles thrown in front of >us!! any ideas anyone.......?

Welcome to the US.

Illegals have HUGE lobbyists and hispanic groups that rally behind them. And if you cry against immigrants and illegals, you're branded a racist.

The US rewards illegals by giving them amnesty's. The illegals know that if ENOUGH of them come over -- it'll force the US to continually keep granting amnestys. GREAT formula!

So if you just came here and got a fake GC and SSN, and stayed here. I can almost guarantee you you'll get a real GC anc citizenship WELL before you turn 60. Every mexican knows that, and that's why they all jump here.

-= nav =-
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

ha, ha !!
you hit the nail on the head with that comment, supernav!
yep, looks like those who dearly have something to offer the USA, are being given a real hard time in getting there, whilst every illegal d..khead gets to come into the country as a refugee, asylum seeker, or sponger!
why do you think i am wanting to move out of the uk? its certainly not because i am a racist or anything--some of my best friends are black and asian. it really annoys me when i see somalians, croatians, bosnians, ethopians and whichever other nationals who are getting into the uk as we speak, as soon as they arrive, they are given accomodation, free meals, free schooling for the kids, food tokens, school uniform tokens, family monetary allowances, unemployment allowances, child allowances, the list goes on......while the average englishman born and bred, cannot even get given a simple dwelling to live in for his retirement, evn though he has paid taxes all his life here!
anyhow, thats enough ranting from me---is there anyone who can help me with any relevant info re what i should do re my e2 visa plans and the future status of my kids when they reach 21?
rgds
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:10 am
Just Joined

gsas is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a former EB2 immigrant, now a greencard (GC) holder. Your case is possible, you have to use the "age-out" classification when filing labour cert. (LC), employer petition (I140), and GC appl. (I485, concurrent). The "age-out" is a class that is designed to prompt the immigration services to do a review/decision on your case before your son gets 21. Also, your children classify as I485 dependents as long as they have no taxable income and are unmarried, regardless of age, for filing purposes. This is the law in theory. You will need a lawyer experienced in "age-out" class cases. I am not a lawyer but I can recomment Larry Lebowitz of Cohen&Grigsby (cohenlaw.com) and Carl Schausterman who has a successful track record on obtaining speedy approvals for clients through US immigration court litigation. (Hey, this is the US: litigate!)

As for the albanian and other criminal immigrants to the UK, they should all go to hell. When I moved to the US, I hired a rental company to let my flat. They put animals (albanians in my case) in it, and result =
1. they burnt and soaked my VERY beatiful (and expensive) carpet so much that it had to be removed,
2. they broke and cracked ALL my furniture including kitchen and bathroom,
3. they moulded up the walls,
4. I can't even say.
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL! All refugees and asylees should be kept behind barbed wires and NEVER let out! That way they will not destroy what we build, and they will not take our tax pounds or anything else. Isn't there a law in the UK to send them home? The war is long over. Can someone just get rid of them please?
GSAS

Originally posted by julius smith
ha, ha !!
you hit the nail on the head with that comment, supernav!
yep, looks like those who dearly have something to offer the USA, are being given a real hard time in getting there, whilst every illegal d..khead gets to come into the country as a refugee, asylum seeker, or sponger!
why do you think i am wanting to move out of the uk? its certainly not because i am a racist or anything--some of my best friends are black and asian. it really annoys me when i see somalians, croatians, bosnians, ethopians and whichever other nationals who are getting into the uk as we speak, as soon as they arrive, they are given accomodation, free meals, free schooling for the kids, food tokens, school uniform tokens, family monetary allowances, unemployment allowances, child allowances, the list goes on......while the average englishman born and bred, cannot even get given a simple dwelling to live in for his retirement, evn though he has paid taxes all his life here!
anyhow, thats enough ranting from me---is there anyone who can help me with any relevant info re what i should do re my e2 visa plans and the future status of my kids when they reach 21?
rgds
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:54 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gsas
<<snip>>

As for the albanian and other criminal immigrants to the UK, they should all go to hell. When I moved to the US, I hired a rental company to let my flat. They put animals (albanians in my case) in it, and result =
1. they burnt and soaked my VERY beatiful (and expensive) carpet so much that it had to be removed,
2. they broke and cracked ALL my furniture including kitchen and bathroom,
3. they moulded up the walls,
4. I can't even say.
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL! All refugees and asylees should be kept behind barbed wires and NEVER let out! That way they will not destroy what we build, and they will not take our tax pounds or anything else. Isn't there a law in the UK to send them home? The war is long over. Can someone just get rid of them please?
GSAS
I hate to break it to you but your fellow Brits can destroy rented flats, just as you describe above. There's probably hundreds of landlords out there who can relate far worse stories of abuse of rented property than what you describe and this behaviour was from their fellow countrymen.

If you valued your carpet so much, you should've put it into storage and laid cheaper carpet for rental purposes.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:28 am
Just Joined

gsas is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why I (and other people) specify: no students and no pigs, and set the price accordingly. But what can you do if our own British government pays the more expensive range of rents for the pigs to get in?

(Technical advice: to re-lay wall-to-wall carpeting twice is very difficult.)

GSAS

Originally posted by NC Penguin
I hate to break it to you but your fellow Brits can destroy rented flats, just as you describe above. There's probably hundreds of landlords out there who can relate far worse stories of abuse of rented property than what you describe and this behaviour was from their fellow countrymen.

If you valued your carpet so much, you should've put it into storage and laid cheaper carpet for rental purposes.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

hey, gsas! you know what? you've just made my day! and i thought there was something wrong with me when i got angry and frustrated to see all these scum being let into what was at one time, our very beautiful country, England! i usually say that mr tony blair and his cronies either must have secret mining rights in somalia, croatia, bosnia, albania or whatever, or they all are keeping secret mistresses who originate from those countries!! how else do you explain why they are being let in, virtually with no questions asked? makes me sick when i see what has happened to the quiet and clean town high streets i once knew in the 80s; all you see now are eastern european beggars, somalians hanging around in large groups chewing khat (a narcotic herb which should be banned but is not because tony blair can't risk the wrath of the do-gooders we have here)etc etc. another bit of news i bet you didn't get to hear, gsas, as you are in the US now, is that britain is to allow 75 000 romany gypsies from europe to come to england, but this time, wait for it, no need for a visa or paperwork formalities!!!!
anyhow, those are my reasons for trying to move out of the uk. thanks so much for your advice---it has rekindled my interests in moving out of here! by the way, if you dont mind, when did you leave the uk and where did you manage to settle down in the US? did you start a business up? and how long did it take for your kids to get their status reviewed?

(ps just for anyone new on this forum: i am not a racist but i certainly do get upset when i see immigrants being allowed into any country, who cannot give anything back to the place but just go straight on the welfare and sit back, while we have to work our guts out just to survive!)

That's why I (and other people) specify: no students and no pigs, and set the price accordingly. But what can you do if our own British government pays the more expensive range of rents for the pigs to get in?

GSAS
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

oh, come on now, nc penguin! gsas is quite right, you know. i am sure there are silly brits out there who do go damaging property, but what gsas has said is borne out by the sad tales of many people here. to give you a short example; where i live, in the suburbs of london, a house opposite my own was vacated (the old couple died) and leased out to the local municipality, who in turn rented it out to first croations, then somalian refugees. well, all went well for a few months but we began to suffer late night rowdy behaviour, fights, breaking windows etc etc. And thats only us--my neighbour whose house adjoins the "rowdy house", showed me the state of his garden one day, and i can tell you, i had a hard time keeping my dinner down!! there were human faeces, rotting food, broken tvs, broken furniture etc etc that had been thrown over the fence into what was at one time, a typical pristine english garden! and when the guy complained to the municipality, they said they could not do anything as it could be taken as being racist!! thats the state of england these days! now do you believe us!!??

Originally posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hey, gsas! you know what? you've just made my day! and i thought there was something wrong with me when i got angry and frustrated to see all these scum being let into what was at one time, our very beautiful country, England! i usually say that mr tony blair and his cronies either must have secret mining rights in somalia, croatia, bosnia, albania or whatever, or they all are keeping secret mistresses who originate from those countries!! how else do you explain why they are being let in, virtually with no questions asked? makes me sick when i see what has happened to the quiet and clean town high streets i once knew in the 80s; all you see now are eastern european beggars, somalians hanging around in large groups chewing khat (a narcotic herb which should be banned but is not because tony blair can't risk the wrath of the do-gooders we have here)etc etc. another bit of news i bet you didn't get to hear, gsas, as you are in the US now, is that britain is to allow 75 000 romany gypsies from europe to come to england, but this time, wait for it, no need for a visa or paperwork formalities!!!!
anyhow, those are my reasons for trying to move out of the uk. thanks so much for your advice---it has rekindled my interests in moving out of here! by the way, if you dont mind, when did you leave the uk and where did you manage to settle down in the US? did you start a business up? and how long did it take for your kids to get their status reviewed?

(ps just for anyone new on this forum: i am not a racist but i certainly do get upset when i see immigrants being allowed into any country, who cannot give anything back to the place but just go straight on the welfare and sit back, while we have to work our guts out just to survive!)

GSAS
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:50 am
VillasatDisney

I will agree with what everyone has said. I rented out a flat in London a few years back. I had a renting agency to deal with it, I went down to sign the lease for a 'married couple' and tried to do the decent thing and help two immigrants with a home. They didn't have a thing when they rented my flat, and in good faith I even left much of the furniture to help them on their way.

I went back about four months later, to collect the rent, which once again was late due to "housing benefit" even though it was THEIR name on the lease and what did I find? About 30,000 other illegal immigrants also living in my flat. The place was ruined completely. They had an alsation living there eating from the carpet (this flat was six floors up!) and one of the guys decide to work on his car engine on my hallway carpet...there was puddles of dried oil everywhere!! To top it all, they had decided to make a pet of a pigeon on the balcony and the amount of bird sh*t everywhere!!! oh my god. When I tried to get these people out I was then informed of THEIR rights as tenants. After weeks and weeks these people were still living there and I was really getting the hump.

Most of these people were working illegally but yet my rent remained unpaid.

In the end I did the decent thing. I decided to get even regardless of "their" rights. I telephoned the social security and immigration and blagged them all in. Secondly as all the utilities were still in my name(!) I telephoned each and everyone and got all their utilities cut off. It was the middle of winter and they were effing and blinding at me about having no heating, electricity, or lights.

The Council then telephoned me to inform me that I had broken the Law and I was to get their utilities put on again immediately or I could be sued.

My answer......sue me....I'll pay for it out of the rent when I get it.

Needless to say not long after that they all scarpered.

The funny thing is....I bumped into the married lady about six months after. She'd been giving a three bedroom council flat up in Putney, London.......housing benefit, brand new furniture, untold benefits.

There IS no justice.

And that's what p*sses me off with America. We don't ask for anything, we're going almost self sufficient.

And one final word.....before everyone says about the immigrants being a drain on public funds....I'd like to draw to your attention the equal drain on our public funds...THE PENSIONERS!

Those who have worked virtually cash in hand all their lives, the women who NEVER worked because they got married at 18 and became lifelong housewives. And now, we're having to pay out pensions, income support, housing benefits to them still, as well as cataract operations and hip replacements....no wonder they are living so long today!

I bet half of them will STILL be around long after I have died of exhaustion from hard graft.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:22 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by VillasatDisney
Those who have worked virtually cash in hand all their lives, the women who NEVER worked because they got married at 18 and became lifelong housewives. And now, we're having to pay out pensions, income support, housing benefits to them still, as well as cataract operations and hip replacements....no wonder they are living so long today!

I bet half of them will STILL be around long after I have died of exhaustion from hard graft.
I hope to God that you never get into the US.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:38 am
VillasatDisney

I doubt I'll live long enough to prove you wrong!

I'll either die of exhaustion paying for some old dear's hip operation or get shot by a hispanic.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:50 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt I'll live long enough to prove you wrong!

I'll either die of exhaustion paying for some old dear's hip operation or get shot by a hispanic.
So why bother wanting to move to the US. You said in your other post you were selling houses in FL to the British and amongst them pensioners and how they would be self sufficient over there.

You're now worried about illegals in the US. Why not just go somewhere else entirely.

You just come across as someone who's bitter and doesn't have the educational, vocational or financial resources to be able to go to the US.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:57 am
VillasatDisney

Ok, for the hard of understanding, on this forum....I will break it down to almost syllables for you.

There are two types of pensioners like there are two types of young people.

There are those who get off their butt and try to do their best in life and then they are those who just 'expect to receive'.

I don't expect to receive and I respect like minded people. I have no time for anyone who doesn't want to work or go through the 'normal' channels in life.

All I am merely pointing out to the Brits on this board, is that not everything in our country can be attributed to the foreigners and that quite often, our own people can be just as draining on our resources.

Finally, I would ask that you recognize a little sarcasm requires a degree of intelligence, creativity and balls!

And to note, that I do have the finances. Real Estate pays good money! :-P

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:03 am
C.G.D.S

And to note, that I do have the finances. Real Estate pays good money! :-P
Then why do you have a problem getting in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.