Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vancouver K-3 Medical & RCMP Reports Where?

Vancouver K-3 Medical & RCMP Reports Where?

Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unbelievable but true

Originally posted by Lotjet
Hi.
This is the story of a middle-aged couple who filed for a K-3 back in July of 2002 and approved after 127 days. Whew!!
Well, it is 2 months after approval (Nov. 22-Jan 20), and things are still stagnating.
Of course, my husband received the infamous packet 3 several weeks ago, but it was INCOMPLETE. Fortunately, the secretary of my lawyer caught the problem. I hired a lawyer from the get-go because I am very busy and do not have any free time and was too worried about RFEs etc. etc.
I called the consulate and hoped that the missing papers could be faxed directly to my lawyer in the States. No, of course, they have to be mailed directly to my husband! So, we are looking for
at least another 2 weeks delay on this whole matter, as if we haven't been waiting long enough. We are still waiting for another packet 3 to be mailed to my husband. I was hoping for a joyous Valentine's day but those hopes were dashed right away.
This immigration process has a way of doing that, so don't count on ANYTHING, folks, when it comes to timelines, waits, expected
outcomes, etc. etc. etc.
Meanwhile, my husband had his physical medical exam and the doctor wrapped everything together, including his chest x-ray film
with his lab results. That makes for some pretty awkward mail, so I told him to deliver the whole thing in person to the consulate once everything is ready, which should be by mid-February. What
do you folks think?

Lotjet

Hi All:

I am working on a K3 application for my wife.

While some U.S. embassy would post a packet 3 on their web site so that you can prepare your document in advance, the Vancouver consulate is not as user friendly. In fact, they replied to my e-mail saying they cannot give me advice until Missouri approves my wife's case first.

Since you went thru a similar apps in Vancouver a while back, could you please tell me which doctor is approved in the Vancouver area for the K1 medical? I assume K3 will just be the same.

Which office did you have to go for police clearance? Will any RCMP station work?

By the way, for either the medical check-up or the police clearance, are there special forms from packet 3 we must use? I have seen the packet 3 posted on the U.S. Embassy web site in Ukraine in which no special forms are required. They simply tell you what doctor to see and which police station to go in Kiev.
We figure if Vancouver is the same case, then we will prepare for these documents in advance than waiting for packet 3 to arrive.

Thank you.
Alex