V Visa

Old May 16th 2001, 4:35 pm
people

hi! Today, US Consulate in HK issused a 'V' Visa to me. But the officials doesn't
know how to adjust status in US or F2A visa. any comment?

Old May 16th 2001, 5:00 pm
Alexander Krasev, M.

Hi, did you wait for 3 years?

>
    >

Old May 16th 2001, 5:07 pm
Alexander Krasev, M.

A new Law was passed! THE LIFE ACT: This law provides for a new k3 visa for spouses
that have had I-130 petitions filed for them, and V visas for spouses of permanent
residents...there is just one little problem: The K3 spouse visa is not implemented
yet because INS does not have the procedure/forms developed at this time. We hope to
hear something by the end of May regarding this procedure. The other provision of
this Act is a temporary window in the 245i exclusion for immigrants who ENTERED the
US illegally...this window closed on 4/30/01, However, President Bush has asked
Congress to consider extending the window for a short time, no answer on the
extension yet.

What does the "new" V visa mean?

The new V1 and V2 nonimmigrant visas allow certain spouses of lawful permanent
residents and the children of those spouses to travel to and from the US and to
reside in the US while they wait for the final completion of their immigration
process. It does not matter whether that process will be completed by adjusting
status in the US or in securing an immigrant visa overseas. The spouse and unmarried
children of lawful permanent residents who qualify for the V1 and V2 visas will be
able to visit and reside with their lawful permanent resident family member. The V
visas for adults will be valid for multiple requests for entry for ten years; for
children under the age of 11, these visas will also be issued for multiple entries
and with a 10 validity date; for children 11 years old or older, the visa will be
valid for multiple requests to enter and will remain valid until the holder's 21st
birth day. Moreover, holders of V1 and V2 visas may apply for employment
authorization documents to work in the US. Other benefits available with V1 and V2
status after admission or after INS has changed an alien's status, are discussed at
the INS website, http://www.ins.gov.

>
    >

Old May 17th 2001, 7:42 am
people

I knew that and I already have this type of visa. But I wish to know how to adjust
status in US or how to get green card.

"Alexander Krasev, M.D." <[email protected]> ?????

>
for
    >
    >
    >
    >
end
    >
    >
    >
asked
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
from
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
with
    >
    >
    >
for
    >
    >
an
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > hi! Today, US Consulate in HK issused a 'V' Visa to me. But the officials doesn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > know how to adjust status in US or F2A visa. any comment?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old May 17th 2001, 10:35 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller

When the V status holder is in the U.S., and when the priority date becomes current,
the V holder may file Form I-485 at the INS district office for the residence. The
INS district office will schedule an interview date, a few months to a few years
later depending on which district it is, and at the interview, if all goes well, the
V holder will become a U.S. permanent resident.

This I-485 package will be very similar to any other family-based I-485. You can get
information about this from the INS website, Alvena's site, the K-1 FAQ, and I-130
Help Site.

people wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > A new Law was passed! THE LIFE ACT: This law provides for a new k3 visa for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > spouses that have had I-130 petitions filed for them, and V visas for spouses of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > permanent residents...[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > What does the "new" V visa mean?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The new V1 and V2 nonimmigrant visas allow certain spouses of lawful permanent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > residents and the children of those spouses to travel to and from the US and to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reside in the US while they wait for the final completion of their immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > process. It does not matter whether that process will be completed by adjusting[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > status in the US or in securing an immigrant visa overseas.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > hi! Today, US Consulate in HK issused a 'V' Visa to me. But the officials[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > doesn't know how to adjust status in US or F2A visa. any comment?[/usenetquote2]