Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is USCIS receipt number emailed?

Is USCIS receipt number emailed?

Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is USCIS receipt number emailed?

And if so, only to the representative named on the G-28 form or to both beneficiary and attorney? I can't seem to find out. Nebraska SC, I-140/I-907/G-28 if that's relevant.

Also, is the receipt number ok to be published in fora like trackitt? It seems easy enough to come up with a likely valid number so I guess so.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is USCIS receipt number emailed?

Originally Posted by GeoffM
And if so, only to the representative named on the G-28 form or to both beneficiary and attorney? I can't seem to find out. Nebraska SC, I-140/I-907/G-28 if that's relevant.

Also, is the receipt number ok to be published in fora like trackitt? It seems easy enough to come up with a likely valid number so I guess so.
For our Green Card application (also through Nebraska) all paperwork has gone direct to the lawyer dealing with it, including initial notification with receipt number. We asked for it to be passed on, so that I can do the obsessive checking on the USCIS website but I don't know if it was emailed or just mailed.

For my EAD (associated with our visa), we did ourselves, and I did get an email notification. But thinking back now, I filled out a separate form to enable them to do that. Which was just as well, as I never did get my postal notification...

I'm probably over paranoid, but I decided not to put my receipt number into Trackitt. I don't really see any point to it anyway tbh.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

WHY would you want to post receipt numbers on trakkitt?
People used to obsess (hmm, 'used to') & especially do on that site, over miniscule processing differences and they'd spoof receipt numbers until they thought they could see a pattern.
I'll tell you something, Geoff, no one is more motivated than couples separated by thousands of miles.. people would try all sorts to see what data they could pull out of that.

Your time could be so much better spent.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Odd that some would spoof receipt numbers but oh well! I won't bother with the number but I'll put my case up anyway - there aren't many EB1A cases so it might be useful to some number crunchers. I know full well I'll be a LUD-ite (I know you know what that is!) but who cares!

BTW parcel arrived at Lincoln, NE last Friday at approximately 07:59:36 and 764 milliseconds.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Odd that some would spoof receipt numbers but oh well! I won't bother with the number but I'll put my case up anyway - there aren't many EB1A cases so it might be useful to some number crunchers. I know full well I'll be a LUD-ite (I know you know what that is!) but who cares!

BTW parcel arrived at Lincoln, NE last Friday at approximately 07:59:36 and 764 milliseconds.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Receipt issued same day but RFE issued 26th so I'll have to wait to see how intense that is - might be a missing/unreadable page, or a comprehensive question of eligibility for each category. The former is simple and cheap; the latter not so!

In answer to my original question, only a paper copy went to the attorney; no emails.