Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USC spouse - dual citizenship?

USC spouse - dual citizenship?

Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USC spouse - dual citizenship?

Originally Posted by Speedwell
The consulate, to my own astonishment and yours (Retzie), replied, "There is no Hungarian language knowlegde [sic] required in this process." I can send you the forms that the consulate sent me. If you manage to get them translated, and you send me the translated documents, I'll split the cost of translation with you.
Huh, I will let my mum know. I'll have to leave it as getting back to you if she is interested in doing anything. I seem to recall another major hurdle to the whole process. Something like her needing to have taken her husband's surname (which she didn't) to do it, or some other such nonsense.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:49 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USC spouse - dual citizenship?

Originally Posted by retzie
Huh, I will let my mum know. I'll have to leave it as getting back to you if she is interested in doing anything. I seem to recall another major hurdle to the whole process. Something like her needing to have taken her husband's surname (which she didn't) to do it, or some other such nonsense.
Hmm, that I did not see. She might need to write the consulate on that one. Good luck.