Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USC marrying UKC - here or there?

Wikiposts

USC marrying UKC - here or there?

Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USC marrying UKC - here or there?

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Unfortunately applying in person can't be done anymore - it's mail or courier only.
This slows things up a bit but none-the-less it took me about 10 days to get my fiance visa back from the UK Embassy in LA. You will need to check the BritianUSA website to find out which Embassy you should apply with.

Best of luck to you!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

gdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nice

Thanks for the heads-up, I was actually wondering if this whole on-line thing would slow up the works, and if so, then how slow...I appreciate your letting me know what to expect from the new system. Cheers!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:53 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gdwink
Thanks for the heads-up, I was actually wondering if this whole on-line thing would slow up the works, and if so, then how slow...I appreciate your letting me know what to expect from the new system. Cheers!
It's not the online part that slows the process, it's the having to do the biometrics and then send in your docs that does that!

Best of luck.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:08 am
Just Joined

gdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nicegdwink is just really nice

Hi again, don't mean to appear thick - but what do you mean by bio-metrics? I was thinking that was the process of having to apply on-line...
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:14 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Hi again, don't mean to appear thick - but what do you mean by bio-metrics? I was thinking that was the process of having to apply on-line...
No, biometrics is, basically, fingerprinting, done at USCIS ASCs - the same places that immigrants in the US have to go to in order to get their fingerprints done for US immigration, (for permanent residence, for example).

This has to be booked once you have applied online but prior to your sending your documents off to the Consulate.

Does that help at all?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Again, your patience and info have been invaluable - not one place that I have been reading said a single word about that process. Thank you again, don't think I would be getting through this without your help.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Now, another silly question - I take it the fingerprinting is for me since I'm the one we're applying to have a the visa for?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:25 am
Former Blonde

Now, another silly question - I take it the fingerprinting is for me since I'm the one we're applying to have a the visa for?
That's right!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:29 am
Just Joined

How about that! I may actually being catching on! Thanks again
Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:48 am
Former Blonde

How about that! I may actually being catching on! Thanks again
Excellent! While on the subject, I found you this article from uk-yankee which covers the spousal visa application process in a more simplified manner.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:23 am
Just Joined

You are amazing! I honestly can't thank you enough, you've taken all the fear and turmoil out of this process and that is a priceless gift. 24 hours ago I didn't even know where to begin let alone know how to go about making this happen. You've made me feel like I have a friend out there, and, really, I can't thank you enough. You're a really special and caring person.