US Immigration

Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:28 am
NL8
Just Joined

NL8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Immigration

I am a UK National with full UK passport, My fiance is in Michigan. We are planning to marry next year, probably in England. In the meantime I would like to move to MI and live with her as well as finding a job. I have 2 degrees and many years of experience. What is the best way to apply for a Visa in this situation? Can anyone advise

Last edited by NL8; Aug 27th 2010 at 10:32 am.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Immigration

Get married, have your spouse file a petition for you, wait the months it takes and then move over and you'll get permanent resident status when you land. This is assuming you are not a same sex couple. There is no "moving to the US to check it out before I get married visa"
Old Aug 27th 2010, 1:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Immigration

Originally Posted by NL8
I am a UK National with full UK passport, My fiance is in Michigan. We are planning to marry next year, probably in England. In the meantime I would like to move to MI and live with her as well as finding a job. I have 2 degrees and many years of experience. What is the best way to apply for a Visa in this situation? Can anyone advise
Read this Wiki article: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

If you see a visa that you might qualify for, you can try that.

Other than that, marriage will be your way into the USA.

Rene