Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Wikiposts

URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Originally Posted by theroon
Oh and one ore question if I may. They keep our case on file for a year so we can keep trying different routes if necessary, correct?
Yes.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How could the officer have been hostile towards your wife, when your wife didn't even attend the interview? Your wife should not have been standing at the interview window, but rather sitting in the waiting area. As you said, the interview was for you. You're the only one at the window. Did the officer ask any questions directly to your wife, or did your wife spontaneously make comments?

As for how much discretion they have, they have it all. They have the right not to consider certain income/ assets if they feel it isn't enough. There have been people with US income that that had not been at the job long enough. There have been purple whose propery assets weren't accepted. I'm sorry you got a harsh officer, but it does no good to complain. And if it were me, if be giving then everything under the sun ryo get approved... not giving half of the evidence and saying "contact me if you want more". But that's just me.

Right, I don't need your condescension now to be honest. You may have over 50,000 posts on this site, but that doesn't make you a total authority.
My wife stood at the interview with me and the officer seemed more interested in her than me. So you're wrong about that.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I don't need your condescension now to be honest.
I don't consider that 'condescending' at all.

Like I said before, their house, their rules. The by far simplest solution here is to accede to their request and get a joint sponsor but you seem to have it in your head that you have somehow been wronged. You haven't. This may simply be a policy interpretation that has recently been made by DHS. There's no way to know, and you can't make the assumption that it was because you got a bad officer.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
I don't consider that 'condescending' at all.

Like I said before, their house, their rules. The by far simplest solution here is to accede to their request and get a joint sponsor but you seem to have it in your head that you have somehow been wronged. You haven't. This may simply be a policy interpretation that has recently been made by DHS. There's no way to know, and you can't make the assumption that it was because you got a bad officer.
We I did consider it condescending. She was telling me about my experience when she wasn't even there. As for providing evidence, I provided what I was asked to provide. If they need more they can request it. There is a reason we don't go down the joint sponsor route so I am looking at the alternatives. We now have fulfilled two of the requirements: Poverty threshold and a flat on the market with huge equity in it.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:57 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There is a reason we don't go down the joint sponsor route so I am looking at the alternatives. We now have fulfilled two of the requirements: Poverty threshold and a flat on the market with huge equity in it.
Hopefully you will have satisfied the Officer now, but if not, you will have little choice but to seek a joint sponsor. The ultimate thing to remember is that you have a way out (which some people in your situation don't), and getting upset at the situation is not really achieving anything beyond raising your own blood pressure.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
Hopefully you will have satisfied the Officer now, but if not, you will have little choice but to seek a joint sponsor. The ultimate thing to remember is that you have a way out (which some people in your situation don't), and getting upset at the situation is not really achieving anything beyond raising your own blood pressure.
That always helps somebody calm down, well done.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:02 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I don't need your condescension now to be honest. You may have over 50,000 posts on this site, but that doesn't make you a total authority.
My wife stood at the interview with me and the officer seemed more interested in her than me. So you're wrong about that.
Well if you showed anything like that attitude at the interview the result is unsurprising.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:06 am
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by lansbury
Well if you showed anything like that attitude at the interview the result is unsurprising.
Snap!

That always helps somebody calm down, well done.
I wasn't trying to calm you down. I don't care if you have a coronary over something you could resolve very easily frankly.

Noorah - I think this thread has served it's purpose!
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

'We still have the option of a joint sponsor....'

Just do that then...all your current problems solved...
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Thread closed. The OP can start a new thread of he wants to give us an update.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah101 has vast knowledge and experience and has given you the benefit of that. Some appreciation would have been appropriate. If this indicates your attitude then it is not surprising that your interview went the way it did.