URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Wikiposts

URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT: Turned down because not enough funds

Originally Posted by Hotscot
That would help but it would still be open to interpretation with no guarantees.
Problem is, this is what dodgy/weak applicants would do to obtain approval also.

They really want to see stable income. Is that not currently possible?
We both have jobs in the Uk, but not in the US.
Let's say they refuse to believe the money is a gift rather than loan, can we then go the joint sponsor route or will we be in a very weak position?
Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in post #7, you can have a joint sponsor. Note they must live in the US and be either a USC or a US Permanent Resident (green card holder). Their eligibility is that they can support their family and you (not your wife) at 125% of the 2019 poverty guidelines found at the link I provided you in the same post.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theroon
We both have jobs in the Uk, but not in the US.
Let's say they refuse to believe the money is a gift rather than loan, can we then go the joint sponsor route or will we be in a very weak position?
If you have someone in mind who is able and willing to be a joint sponsor, go that route and eliminate all the guff and uncertainty. If you have property worth $300k plus, it's not like they're at risk.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
As I said in post #7, you can have a joint sponsor. Note they must live in the US and be either a USC or a US Permanent Resident (green card holder). Their eligibility is that they can support their family and you (not your wife) at 125% of the 2019 poverty guidelines found at the link I provided you in the same post.
Yes, I understand that. My question was if our chances would be harmed if they block the poverty line funds because they believe it is only a loan and not a gift.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chawkins99
If you have someone in mind who is able and willing to be a joint sponsor, go that route and eliminate all the guff and uncertainty. If you have property worth $300k plus, it's not like they're at risk.
I agree but we're worried that will delay us significantly. Surely it is worth showing bank statements with the required funds?
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe or maybe not. You can't know until you're there being interviewed.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene, thanks for your reply. I have just received a loan from my dad so I can transfer the money to my wife to meet the poverty line. Do you think that is ok? Would my dad need to write a letter confirming it is a gift?
You called it a loan. Then you talk about it as a gift. Which one is it?

if it is indeed a $42,000 gift, then dad needs to state that in writing, yes. However, there's no guarantee the officer will accept this either. As I said, they might believe it's only a loan (as you called it in the first place). And you don't have to transfer the money to her account. You are married so all money is considered joint.

To be on the safe side, do one of the following options: 1) get a joint sponsor; 2) sell the property and put the cash in the bank; or 3) have your wife get US employment to meet the income requirement.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Maybe or maybe not. You can't know until you're there being interviewed.
There's no interview. She just gave us an email address to send attached bank statements to.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You called it a loan. Then you talk about it as a gift. Which one is it?

if it is indeed a $42,000 gift, then dad needs to state that in writing, yes. However, there's no guarantee the officer will accept this either. As I said, they might believe it's only a loan (as you called it in the first place). And you don't have to transfer the money to her account. You are married so all money is considered joint.

To be on the safe side, do one of the following options: 1) get a joint sponsor; 2) sell the property and put the cash in the bank; or 3) have your wife get US employment to meet the income requirement.

Rene
How do you know he needs to state that in writing? Where did you get this information from? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know he needs to state that in writing? Where did you get this information from? Thanks in advance.
From seeing past experience of others on this forum over the past 16 years, and from knowing the I-864 requirements. I thought you might want a solution that has the highest rate of success. You can certainly give it a try without anything in writing from your dad. Please let us know how it turns out.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:33 am

The officer will most likely question where a sudden $42,000 deposit came from. The letter is backup documentation for that deposit. But it must be the truth.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 25th 2019 at 4:47 am.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
From seeing past experience of others on this forum over the past 16 years, and from knowing the I-864 requirements. I thought you might want a solution that has the highest rate of success. You can certainly give it a try without anything in writing from your dad. Please let us know how it turns out.

Rene
Ok that's great. You have extensive experience so could you confirm if our application would be damaged at all if the poverty funds are denied and we then go for a joint sponsor?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand that. My question was if our chances would be harmed if they block the poverty line funds because they believe it is only a loan and not a gift.
No, that was not your question. I was responding to this quote from your post: "We both have jobs in the Uk, but not in the US.
Let's say they refuse to believe the money is a gift rather than loan, can we then go the joint sponsor route or will we be in a very weak position?"

The most assured way to go is to get a joint sponsor and stop worrying about gifts or loans. I know you got the money from your UK father and he cannot be a financial sponsor. Get your wife's family to help you out if they are willing or put the property up for sale, send them the appraisal, and the contract with the real estate agent handling the property and the details of your cash assets and if either of you have a retirement account, add those funds to the I-864 with proof of their value.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:48 am

Ok that's great. You have extensive experience so could you confirm if our application would be damaged at all if the poverty funds are denied and we then go for a joint sponsor?

Thanks in advance.
No, it would not damage anything, just delay.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2019, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks for your reply. I didn't think the property being in England would have any bearing at all on it. Anyway, trying to find a way to come up with the £8000 we are short to meet the poverty line. Today should have been a wonderful day but it certainly hasn't turned out like that. Amazed that $350000 equity in a property plus $20,000 cash wasn't enough.
Having equity in a property in the UK is not going to support you and wife if you arrive in the US and don't find jobs for a few months. 20K is likely to go on deposits for rent if you have no credit history in the UK.

Personally, I could never figure how having equity, based on a property yet to sell, was regarded as adequate resources if one did not have income or cash savings to support oneself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.