Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

URGENT - Oath ceremony - didn't received notice, found out scheduled for next week

URGENT - Oath ceremony - didn't received notice, found out scheduled for next week

Old Feb 18th 2003, 7:17 pm
Mayo

Default URGENT - Oath ceremony - didn't received notice, found out scheduled for next week

My mother somehow did not receive her notice for her oath ceremony.
But when she called Texas center they said she was scheduled to be
sworn in next tuesday (25th).
Can she go without the notice? If so, what documents does she need to
bring?

If she can't go, what should she do?

Thanks for the help

Old Feb 18th 2003, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

jognn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT - Oath ceremony - didn't received notice, found out scheduled for next week

Glad to hear that at least someone is getting her Oath ceromony next week.
Anyway, I will suggest that she calls the INS local district, or to go in person, and they may grant her an other copy of the orginal oath ceromony or at least give her anything that will let her swear next week since it will be painful to wait for an ceromony which takes months to come.
Best of Luck
Old Mar 11th 2003, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Wuby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT - Oath ceremony - didn't received notice, found out scheduled for next week

Mayo,

If possible, could you post an update on what had happened to your mom's case? My wife and I went through the interview (San Jose) on 2/25/2003 and she got a notice for the oath ceremony early last week while I'm still waiting for my letter. I called the California Service Center today and I was told that I was also scheduled on 3/27/2003, the same day as my wife's. I asked what I should do if the letter gets lost in the mail and she did not know any better. I wonder if one can acually go to a ceremony without a letter. Not even sure if our local office issues such replacement letters.

Cheers,

Wuby