Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Wikiposts

Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

airborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know you notified them. I'm asking HOW you notified them? What did you send? My guess is you didn't cover all the bases....or, you've simply moved twice in 6 months they haven't caught up your notification with their records yet.

Rene
Possibly they couldnt catch up with it
anyways will attent the interview and hopefully get the greencard
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

peter1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats the spirit me old son.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airborn83
The first one was by Phone, we received an Confirmation letter. Then the last one we notify them and sent papers. Another confirmation...
For others reading this thread, here's what you should do when you move:

1. Alien files AR-11.
2. Sponsor files I-865.
3. Call the 800 number and notify them (do this more than once, until they have it correct in the system).
4. Send written notice to any local office or service center where you have petitions pending.
5. Send written notice to your new local office or service center.

Wouldn't hurt to repeat steps 4 and 5 for a couple of months, to make sure they get it.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 3rd 2006 at 9:02 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:59 am
Guest21

Hello all
I got approved for i-765 Ead on July 28th. I received a letter for I-485 Interview.
I moved to Georgia and did change of address 2 months ago. Then Moved to Florida few weeks ago and did change of Address again. Florida is my last move and have confirmation.
Received the I-485 NOA today, I don't even have EAD or anything yet.

What do I have to do? Called INS, they said to schedule INFOPASS....

Please help....

Cannot drive to Michigan 20 hours for interview (Wife has a job too)....
You cannot if I am reading this thread correctly be interviewed for a 1-485 out of state.

Yes you need to get an Info pass and get the case moved mine was and it took 3 months to get the new interview date by which time I had moved again.

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:02 am
Guest21

For others reading this thread, here's what you should do when you move:

1. Alient files AR-11.
2. Sponsor files I-865.
3. Call the 800 number and notify them (do this more than once, until they have it correct in the system).
4. Send written notice to any local office or service center where you have petitions pending.
5. Send written notice to your new local office or service center.

Wouldn't hurt to repeat steps 4 and 5 for a couple of months, to make sure they get it.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Good point I always did UPS or FEDEX to the original place that the interview was sent from explaining that I had moved state, make sure that you track it incase it comes back at you but at least you can show the office where you have your info pass that you did inform them why you would not be attending the interview.

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whiskers
You cannot if I am reading this thread correctly be interviewed for a 1-485 out of state.

Yes you need to get an Info pass and get the case moved mine was and it took 3 months to get the new interview date by which time I had moved again.

You are correct. They will tell him they cannot interview them and will forward the file to the district office in Florida that covers where he lives. There have been posters on here who thought they could do just that and found out at the interview they could not. And this was after they fly from one coast to the other.

As for advising them of the change of address, Rene, wrote it out in detail. However, one has to note that does not mean the change was entered into the different databases.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 3rd 2006 at 10:13 am.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

airborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rete
You are correct. They will tell him they cannot interview them and will forward the file to the district office in Florida that covers where he lives. There have been posters on here who thought they could do just that and found out at the interview they could not. And this was after they fly from one coast to the other.

As for advising them of the change of address, Rene, wrote it out in detail. However, one has to note that does not mean the change was entered into the different databases.

Hey there all. Thanks for help, I have sent the proper letter that i will not be able to attend the interview from Michigan. Hopefully they will transfer the case to Florida.
Also, have scheduled an appointment to local ins office, to make sure that there will not be any misunderstanding etc.

Do you think they can issue me a Temp. EAD card because i have not received it yet or no?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there all. Thanks for help, I have sent the proper letter that i will not be able to attend the interview from Michigan. Hopefully they will transfer the case to Florida.
Also, have scheduled an appointment to local ins office, to make sure that there will not be any misunderstanding etc.
That's fine, just be prepared in case the letter doesn't get to the right person in time, and they consider you a "no show" and close your case. If that happens, you have to be prepared to file a "motion to reopen". Read recent posts by grouchy on this forum to see her experience regarding this.

Do you think they can issue me a Temp. EAD card because i have not received it yet or no?
If it has been 90 days since you filed, you can go in person and ask about the interim EAD. If you have not yet had your biometrics, they will probably send you to have that done, and you'll get the EAD in the mail after that. If you have already had your biometrics, they will probably tell you to wait 90 days from the time you had your biometrics, and then inquire again if you haven't gotten it.

Rene
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Hey there all, Got my EAD (FINALLY)
I transferred the cases and all. They received the letter stating that we will not be able to attend the interview in Michigan. Now it's waiting time. Called customer service, a really prof. officer answered and said it will take 60 days to transfer my case here and will receive an interview letter again.

Got to get SSN and wife has to add me to her Bank account (AT LAST)
Get driving license and all.

Thanks to all of you, i will report you guys when i get done with I-485
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:04 am

Congratulations. One less thing to worry about.

I transferred the cases and all. They received the letter stating that we will not be able to attend the interview in Michigan.
And how do you know it got to the appropriate person within the office, and that your record was updated?

Called customer service, a really prof. officer answered and said it will take 60 days to transfer my case here and will receive an interview letter again.
You know, of course, that the 800 number is often wrong.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations. One less thing to worry about.

And how do you know it got to the appropriate person within the office, and that your record was updated?

You know, of course, that the 800 number is often wrong.

Best Wishes,
Rene
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if
the interview is rescheduled.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do not lose this email. Print it out and keep it safely tucked away.

I would suggest that you now go to the local office where you live, bring all the documentation regarding the cancelled interview with you, and tell them in person that you want your file sent to them for adjudication.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if
the interview is rescheduled.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:17 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

I transferred the cases and all. They received the letter stating that we will not be able to attend the interview in Michigan. Now it's waiting time. Called customer service, a really prof. officer answered and said it will take 60 days to transfer my case here and will receive an interview letter again.

Got to get SSN and wife has to add me to her Bank account (AT LAST)
Get driving license and all.

Thanks to all of you, i will report you guys when i get done with I-485
Call the 800 number and ask again - bet you get a different response!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CarlM
Call the 800 number and ask again - bet you get a different response!
All done, called 3 times to make sure. They stated that the case is being transferred to our local office.
Good that i have sent an urgent letter to Detroit Office.

Will report you guys when i get resheduled date.....

greetings