Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Wikiposts

Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

airborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura about
Default Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Hello all
I got approved for i-765 Ead on July 28th. I received a letter for I-485 Interview.
I moved to Georgia and did change of address 2 months ago. Then Moved to Florida few weeks ago and did change of Address again. Florida is my last move and have confirmation.
Received the I-485 NOA today, I don't even have EAD or anything yet.

What do I have to do? Called INS, they said to schedule INFOPASS....

Please help....

Cannot drive to Michigan 20 hours for interview (Wife has a job too)....
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

peter1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent Help! I-765 Approved and also I-485 Interview

Fly then... Saves time dont it ?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

airborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by peter1966
Fly then... Saves time dont it ?
but can't i just go to the Interview in local office?
I have no SSN or anything yet...

The interview is on sep. 13
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

I'm guessing it would be a hassle to get your case moved ... I would fly..
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airborn83
but can't i just go to the Interview in local office?
I have no SSN or anything yet...

The interview is on sep. 13

You can't go to an interview in Michigan. You don't live there anymore. You need to contact them by letter and advise them of your move to Florida. You then need to go to the Florida office you will be dealing with an advise them to request your file from Michigan. You screwed yourself royally by moving. Should not have filed until you were settled.

As for your EAD, it is probably lost in the mail because it was returned to USCIS (there is no INS) because it was sent to your old address.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
You can't go to an interview in Michigan. You don't live there anymore. You need to contact them by letter and advise them of your move to Florida. You then need to go to the Florida office you will be dealing with an advise them to request your file from Michigan. You screwed yourself royally by moving. Should not have filed until you were settled.

As for your EAD, it is probably lost in the mail because it was returned to USCIS (there is no INS) because it was sent to your old address.
We had no choice, wife lost her job (company worked for) then she tried to find a job and the Economy is so extremely bad so there was no job for 1 1/2 months so we moved. We changed address and all, the INS (we have confirmation etc.) I got the notices that were send before etc.

Why shouldn't we go to Michigan on September?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

The OP should also be prepared to file a motion to reopen in the future, because Michigan might not get the letter stating he moved, until too late to cancel the interview and schedule it in Florida. If they still think he's coming to the one in Michigan, and he doesn't, they'll consider it a no show and close his case.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Fly down there and explain the situation and hope for the best. Thats my personal opninion on the matter....
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We had no choice, wife lost her job (company worked for) then she tried to find a job and the Economy is so extremely bad so there was no job for 1 1/2 months so we moved. We changed address and all, the INS (we have confirmation etc.) I got the notices that were send before etc.
What exactly did you do each time you moved? How did you notify them?

Why shouldn't we go to Michigan on September?
Because, as Rete said, you don't live there anymore. You need to attend the interview where you live...which is now Florida.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The OP should also be prepared to file a motion to reopen in the future, because Michigan might not get the letter stating he moved, until too late to cancel the interview and schedule it in Florida. If they still think he's coming to the one in Michigan, and he doesn't, they'll consider it a no show and close his case.

Rene
Alright, i'll just attend the interview and wont miss this chance...

How come though, it's that fast. 6 Months after filing, calling for greencard interview... I did all the biometrics and all (medical) etc..

anyone had this experience before?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by peter1966
Fly down there and explain the situation and hope for the best. Thats my personal opninion on the matter....
I agree, not a bad idea to go to that interview anyway...even just so you aren't considered a "no show". You might not get approved or even get your interview conducted at the time, but it's better than having to re-open your case if they consider you a no show.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

What exactly did you do each time you moved? How did you notify them?

Because, as Rete said, you don't live there anymore. You need to attend the interview where you live...which is now Florida.

Rene
yes we did notify them and received Confirmation...
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:40 am

Alright, i'll just attend the interview and wont miss this chance...

How come though, it's that fast. 6 Months after filing, calling for greencard interview... I did all the biometrics and all (medical) etc..

anyone had this experience before?
Yes. It depends on the local office. Each one has a different processing time. In Bakersfield California, a friend of mine got her interview only 4 months after filing. Six months is not unheard of. So yes, it's normal.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:41 am

yes we did notify them and received Confirmation...
I know you notified them. I'm asking HOW you notified them? What did you send? My guess is you didn't cover all the bases....or, you've simply moved twice in 6 months they haven't caught up your notification with their records yet.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

I know you notified them. I'm asking HOW you notified them? What did you send? My guess is you didn't cover all the bases....or, you've simply moved twice in 6 months they haven't caught up your notification with their records yet.

Rene
The first one was by Phone, we received an Confirmation letter. Then the last one we notify them and sent papers. Another confirmation...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.