Reload this Page >

URGENT HELP!! Affadavit of Support of AOS

URGENT HELP!! Affadavit of Support of AOS

Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:33 pm
Evo
Forum Regular

Evo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT HELP!! Affadavit of Support of AOS

Hi my AOS interview is coming up on 3/8. I need your advice. My wife petition me for GC. She is still a student at the University. She will be graduating this June. I know that since my wife is petitioning for me. She should have a job to prove that she can support me. But since she is a student, she doesn't have a job - no income. I have a job for the last 3 yrs. We have joint tax for the last 2 yrs.

What shuold I do because I heard that I may need a sponsor to fill out the affadavit of Suuport for me because my wife doesn't have income. PLS give any advice.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT HELP!! Affadavit of Support of AOS

Originally posted by Evo
Hi my AOS interview is coming up on 3/8. I need your advice. My wife petition me for GC. She is still a student at the University. She will be graduating this June. I know that since my wife is petitioning for me. She should have a job to prove that she can support me. But since she is a student, she doesn't have a job - no income. I have a job for the last 3 yrs. We have joint tax for the last 2 yrs.

What shuold I do because I heard that I may need a sponsor to fill out the affadavit of Suuport for me because my wife doesn't have income. PLS give any advice.
Evo, if the 2 people have been living together for 6+ months their income counts as "joint" income. ie, the alien can sponsor him/herself if their USC has no income. Read the form carefully. Form I-864A may or may not be requested from you at the interview. Many find it useful to have that form completed and available should the interviewer ask for it.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:34 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

It states on the instruction form for the I-864 that if the petitioner cannot meet the income requirements, a joint sponsor may submit an additional affadavit of support.

It also says when determining your income, you may include the income generated by individuals related to you by birth, marriage or adoption who are living in your residence, if they have lived in your residence for the previous six months...

For their income to be considered, these household members or dependents must make their income available for the support of the sponsored immigrant(s) if necessary, and to complete and sign form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member. However, a household member who is the immigrant you are sponsoring only need complete form I-864A if his or her income will be used to determine your ability to support a spouse and/or children immigrating with him or her.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 11:58 pm
Evo
Forum Regular

I am very nervous as I am trying very hard to ask around for friends who's willing to do this for me. Cos they need to submit their 3 yrs tax return plus Pay check stab plus employment letter. Not a lot of ppl are willing to share their info.

Wish me luck!

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
It states on the instruction form for the I-864 that if the petitioner cannot meet the income requirements, a joint sponsor may submit an additional affadavit of support.

It also says when determining your income, you may include the income generated by individuals related to you by birth, marriage or adoption who are living in your residence, if they have lived in your residence for the previous six months...

For their income to be considered, these household members or dependents must make their income available for the support of the sponsored immigrant(s) if necessary, and to complete and sign form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member. However, a household member who is the immigrant you are sponsoring only need complete form I-864A if his or her income will be used to determine your ability to support a spouse and/or children immigrating with him or her.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Evo
I am very nervous as I am trying very hard to ask around for friends who's willing to do this for me. Cos they need to submit their 3 yrs tax return plus Pay check stab plus employment letter. Not a lot of ppl are willing to share their info.

Wish me luck!
Do you not earn enough (at your job of 3 years) to support yourself and your spouse at 125% of the poverty level? I believe the amount is less than $16000 per year gross income. (for 2 people; you + spouse)

If you earn more than this, why are you looking for a joint sponsor?
Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:38 pm
Evo
Forum Regular

I earn more than enough to suuport me and my wife. I heard different things from differetn ppl. Some says I dont' need another sponsor, others say i would need one. I am very confused. From the USBIC site, it did mention that if your petitioner did not have income tax return, one needs to find a sponsor will have 3 yrs of tax return and that person has to be either a LPR or GC holder.

I am still trying to find someone who's wiling to sponsor me. IF at the end I can't find it, I will just go w/o it.

Originally posted by meauxna
Do you not earn enough (at your job of 3 years) to support yourself and your spouse at 125% of the poverty level? I believe the amount is less than $16000 per year gross income. (for 2 people; you + spouse)

If you earn more than this, why are you looking for a joint sponsor?
Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:48 pm

Originally posted by Evo
I earn more than enough to suuport me and my wife. I heard different things from differetn ppl. Some says I dont' need another sponsor, others say i would need one. I am very confused. From the USBIC site, it did mention that if your petitioner did not have income tax return, one needs to find a sponsor will have 3 yrs of tax return and that person has to be either a LPR or GC holder.

I am still trying to find someone who's wiling to sponsor me. IF at the end I can't find it, I will just go w/o it.
Evo,
Your wife (US Citizen) is your sponsor. She has tax returns. Your combined income is above sufficient. You are making this harder than need be. Please re-read the quote FlyergirlUK thoughtfully posted for you; it is explained clearly there.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:01 pm
Evo
Forum Regular

meauxna, my wife has no income. that's why I am so scared now. Cos I know that INS will not approved my case without another sponsor

Originally posted by meauxna
Evo,
Your wife (US Citizen) is your sponsor. She has tax returns. Your combined income is above sufficient. You are making this harder than need be. Please re-read the quote FlyergirlUK thoughtfully posted for you; it is explained clearly there.