Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Updating information/addresses mid-process

Wikiposts

Updating information/addresses mid-process

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Updating information/addresses mid-process

I have an open application for a green card which was started while I lived in England. I have since moved back to Canada (I hold dual citizenship, Canadian and British).

I sent a letter with case number etc. to notify them about the move and change of address etc. Just got word that I'm on to the "fill out paperwork, have a medical, get ready for interview" stage, however it says that these must be done at a location in London, England.

I've written to them again to see if I can get them done in Ontario...has anyone else moved countries (continents) mid-process, and is there any way to actually make sure that they have the latest information?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating information/addresses mid-process

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
I have an open application for a green card which was started while I lived in England. I have since moved back to Canada (I hold dual citizenship, Canadian and British).

I sent a letter with case number etc. to notify them about the move and change of address etc. Just got word that I'm on to the "fill out paperwork, have a medical, get ready for interview" stage, however it says that these must be done at a location in London, England.
If you are going to an interview outside the USA, then you aren't applying for a green card. Are you perhaps applying for an Immigrant Visa?

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating information/addresses mid-process

Originally Posted by cov-canuck

I've written to them again to see if I can get them done in Ontario...has anyone else moved countries (continents) mid-process, and is there any way to actually make sure that they have the latest information?
You will never get an interview in Ontario; if you are applying for an Immigrant Visa, the only Canadian Consulate for that is Montreal.

"Fill out paperwork" is way too vague. What have you submitted to the NVC/National Visa Center?
You can request a change of Consulate; you contact the NVC and get them to do it. You can find their contact info at travel.state.gov if you don't have any paperwork from them yet. You'll probably want to get on the phone with them, and do your level best to get your call escalated past the first line people.