Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS - average time for biometrics interview?

AOS - average time for biometrics interview?

Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

h0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really nice
Default AOS - average time for biometrics interview?

Hi there, I filed all of my docs for AOS and had the NOA informing me that they received them on the 10th of november. I also included documents for advance parole as we are flying to hawaii on 12th december until 12th january (I know AP isnt required but its nice to have (if i get it in time)).

However I was wondering what the average wait time is for a biometrics interview.

and

If the letter comes and the appointment is for while I am away can it be easily rescheduled?

Thanks

Pete
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS - average time for biometrics interview?

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
However I was wondering what the average wait time is for a biometrics interview.
The biometrics isn't really an interview. It's just an appointment. I'd say about a month, perhaps.

If the letter comes and the appointment is for while I am away can it be easily rescheduled?
If the appointment letter comes sooner, and you have time before you leave, you can walk in earlier anytime. They are usually very accommodating as long as you have your appointment letter in hand.

If you get the appointment letter before you leave, and you don't have time to go in earlier, and your appointment falls at the time you'll be gone, I believe there is a section on the back of the appointment letter to reschedule the biometrics. They will set you up with a new appointment and send another letter. Could be another month or so.

If the letter comes while you're gone, for an appointment date while you're gone, make sure someone is checking your mail and can do the rescheduling for you.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:07 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands biometrics appointment was about a month after we filed his AOS from his K1
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
Hi there, I filed all of my docs for AOS and had the NOA informing me that they received them on the 10th of november. I also included documents for advance parole as we are flying to hawaii on 12th december until 12th january (I know AP isnt required but its nice to have (if i get it in time)).

Pete
Id be wary about travelling to Hawaii without your advance parole, lets hope it arrives before you go.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

Why?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Id be wary about travelling to Hawaii without your advance parole, lets hope it arrives before you go.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

Jeff, because they may want to see some kind of documentation at the airports.

Personally I decided not to fly anywhere until I had something as backup.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

"some kind of documentation"? Documentation of what? "something as backup"? Backup for what?

Can you be more specific?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

Jeff, because they may want to see some kind of documentation at the airports.

Personally I decided not to fly anywhere until I had something as backup.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I know it's off topic but to continue with the conversation, I too was worried even of flying from VA to NYC before I had my AP in hand just in case. I am a worrier, and would always rather have the correct documents in hand. I was even concerned travelling back into the US with my PR card in hand...all the officer said was "did you bring any chocolate back?"

Some others have debated visiting Hawaii without AP in hand for honeymoon etc before now, might be worth having a search to see what they say...
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:58 pm

Hi wg,

I'm getting curiouser and curiouser - how is AP a "correct document" for traveling from VA to NYC? "just in case" of what?

I agree completely with valid warnings to people to help them avoid situations they may not have thought of, but some advice has gone far into the realm of the absurd.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
I too was worried even of flying from VA to NYC before I had my AP in hand just in case. I am a worrier, and would always rather have the correct documents in hand.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Oh no you absolutely do not need the AP to travel to NYC from VA...I was just paranoid of someone stopping and asking me what right I had to be in the US as I was over 90 days and my I94 had expired.

I am a worrier because although I know I do everything by the book I do not want to jeopardize my being in the US.

Sorry if I confused you there!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Hi wg,

I agree completely with valid warnings to people to help them avoid situations they may not have thought of, but some advice has gone far into the realm of the absurd.

Regards, JEff
Is it absurd if it stops you throwing away all the time money and emotions spent on getting the visa to allow you to be here in the first place? I would ALWAYS rather be safe than sorry.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:02 pm

wg,

I agree completely.

But I'm still puzzled as to how how AP is a correct or desireable document for traveling from VA to NYC.

Regards, JEff

Is it absurd if it stops you throwing away all the time money and emotions spent on getting the visa to allow you to be here in the first place? I would ALWAYS rather be safe than sorry.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

As I said in my last but one post, IT IS NOT REQUIRED. I was just concerned in case anyone at any of the desks or anything stopped me and paid attention to my out of date I94.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:34 pm

And how does having an AP document address this concern? It does not apply to such a situation.

Regards, JEff

As I said in my last but one post, IT IS NOT REQUIRED. I was just concerned in case anyone at any of the desks or anything stopped me and paid attention to my out of date I94.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was just concerned in case anyone at any of the desks or anything stopped me and paid attention to my out of date I94.
Perhaps PepsiChic's post has you concerned... if so, it's for different reasons than what you think. Flying domestically (ie - inside the US) doesn't require the use of A/P. Why? Because you're never going to see an immigration officer on a domestic trip. Therefore A/P is worthless for domestic travel. It's even worthless with respect to the I-94. Why? Because the I-94 has no bearing on your being allowed to fly domestically within the US.

The concern that PepsiChic had, even though she didn't say it (which is a shame because we could have avoided the previous 7 or so posts), is what happens if the flight to Hawaii (which travels over international waters) is diverted for whatever reason to a country which is *not* the US. If that happens, then you need A/P to get back into the US... and if you don't have it, you're stuck in limbo... perhaps for a very long time.

Even though a flight to Hawaii is a domestic flight, the unforeseen could happen... and that's far more likely on a trip to Hawaii or Alaska, than on any other domestic US flight.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.