Reload this Page >

Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

Wikiposts

Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

Old May 3rd 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jolly good flight !!!

Welcome to the US JJ Glad the trip over was good.

Remi and Jeff

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi all,

I had a jolly good flight. The POE was brief. While on board Amsterdam to Detroit, all non-citizen were given I-94(Arrival/Departure Form) to complete and hand over to immigration.

The immigration collected my passport and the forms filled on board. He asked why I came to USA and I told him. He took my finger prints and made a photo of me with the camera mounted on his desk. He took me to another room where I met a few other persons to be interviewd by another officer.

When it got to my turn. The questions were all the same, from Lagos airport to amsterdam and now Detroit.Why did you come to the USA.. I said to marry my fiancee and to live with her indefinitely. He said good and addded that..."your visa is single entry with the K1 so you must marry b4 the 90 days ends or " you loose".

He stamped my passport indicating "Admitted" and put inside it the small port of the I-94. He said "welcome to USA".

I asked him,what of the alien registratioin card number and EAD ? The officer replied.....you will get those after getting married, but you have to visit the nearest immigration neares to where you will live for further details. I thanked him and left to baggage section to collect my luggage.

I passed through controls and my luggage was re-checked in to Atlanta. All was on time long b4 my next flight to Atlanta.At Atlanta no further stoppings or question asked.I just boarded the train that took me to baggage claim. Ans shortly after collecting my baggage,Nkem spotted me and ran and embrace with kisses !!!!

As I write this post I still have jet-lag from the long flight from Lagos to Atlanta. I and Nkem are so happy that our dream has come to true at last !!! You know what? I am at home resting she has phoned twice to make sure it was not a dream but real !!!!

I thank you all very much.

JJ
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Eko4show is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jolly good flight !!!

Congratulations JJ and ST
Welcome home. Wish you both success and Luck in all your endeavours together. Bien Venue
Eko4show

Hi all,

I had a jolly good flight. The POE was brief. While on board Amsterdam to Detroit, all non-citizen were given I-94(Arrival/Departure Form) to complete and hand over to immigration.

The immigration collected my passport and the forms filled on board. He asked why I came to USA and I told him. He took my finger prints and made a photo of me with the camera mounted on his desk. He took me to another room where I met a few other persons to be interviewd by another officer.

When it got to my turn. The questions were all the same, from Lagos airport to amsterdam and now Detroit.Why did you come to the USA.. I said to marry my fiancee and to live with her indefinitely. He said good and addded that..."your visa is single entry with the K1 so you must marry b4 the 90 days ends or " you loose".

He stamped my passport indicating "Admitted" and put inside it the small port of the I-94. He said "welcome to USA".

I asked him,what of the alien registratioin card number and EAD ? The officer replied.....you will get those after getting married, but you have to visit the nearest immigration neares to where you will live for further details. I thanked him and left to baggage section to collect my luggage.

I passed through controls and my luggage was re-checked in to Atlanta. All was on time long b4 my next flight to Atlanta.At Atlanta no further stoppings or question asked.I just boarded the train that took me to baggage claim. Ans shortly after collecting my baggage,Nkem spotted me and ran and embrace with kisses !!!!

As I write this post I still have jet-lag from the long flight from Lagos to Atlanta. I and Nkem are so happy that our dream has come to true at last !!! You know what? I am at home resting she has phoned twice to make sure it was not a dream but real !!!!

I thank you all very much.

JJ
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:48 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

:PARTY:

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! The Lord is Good all the time.

I decided to write on a separate thread because I don't want this turn out into any form of another Nigeria tribal warfare. Please let everybody lay down arms. But join me in celebration.

I and Nkem has been so busy celebrating that we could not come to the cafes to post. Right now I got call that visitors are waiing for me at home to know how things went.I promise I will be back.

However, detail of my experiene will come later. I am told to come back on 21 April by 2pm to pick my visa.

Nkem sends greeting to all. Bye an catch you all later.

JJ&ST in Lagos.
Wow that is awesome!!

Now you can tell the troll who told you "You are never gonna get the visa", Screw you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old May 4th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Wow that is awesome!!

Now you can tell the troll who told you "You are never gonna get the visa", Screw you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Hyper, i dont' think we want to go that route (telling people "screw you" that is). The individual turned out to be very informative and helpful despite the initial reply and the war that followed. Anyway, water under the bridge. Now that my JJ is home we can move on to the other chapters of our lives.

I didn't sleep the last few days prior to his arrival (ancxiety, excitement and joy all rolled up in one) but then when he finally was here i still couldn't sleep. Trying to get over the shock i.e. HE'S REALLY HERE..LIVE...IN THE FLESH!!! LOL

Not sure when this initial shock will wear off, but i have to keep touching him, or looking at him to make sure its not in my imagination or that i'm not dreaming. Actually when my daughters and I went to meet him at the airport I was not aware that he'd be thru so quickly. I misunderstood that the POE would be where he first lands in the US, so I was expecting to wait maybe 1.5 to 2 hrs b4 he even made it to baggage claim. Well, as he explained he entered thru Detroit so once he got to Atl. it was smooth sailing and boy was I ever glad to lay eyes on him for once and for all!!!
As a matter of fact, my daughters and I stopped at the restroom when we got there at about 3:50 (his plane landed 3:33) but by the time we came out the restroom, and picked up some candy at the stand we were headed toward the baggage area, and lo & behold there HE was coming towards US (my daughter spotted him and was like "mom isn't that him???") I thought she was joking at first but i looked over and she wasn't. This was a little before 4:30. when we went to embrace him he explained that his INS checks were already taken care of.

Ruthanne, Afro, Sonya - there is a GOD and thru Him you will meet your success via Lagos embassy. Can't wait to read your updates as well.

Smooches all
Old May 4th 2004, 11:15 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nkem4ever
Hyper, i dont' think we want to go that route (telling people "screw you" that is). The individual turned out to be very informative and helpful despite the initial reply and the war that followed. Anyway, water under the bridge. Now that my JJ is home we can move on to the other chapters of our lives.

I didn't sleep the last few days prior to his arrival (ancxiety, excitement and joy all rolled up in one) but then when he finally was here i still couldn't sleep. Trying to get over the shock i.e. HE'S REALLY HERE..LIVE...IN THE FLESH!!! LOL

Not sure when this initial shock will wear off, but i have to keep touching him, or looking at him to make sure its not in my imagination or that i'm not dreaming. Actually when my daughters and I went to meet him at the airport I was not aware that he'd be thru so quickly. I misunderstood that the POE would be where he first lands in the US, so I was expecting to wait maybe 1.5 to 2 hrs b4 he even made it to baggage claim. Well, as he explained he entered thru Detroit so once he got to Atl. it was smooth sailing and boy was I ever glad to lay eyes on him for once and for all!!!
As a matter of fact, my daughters and I stopped at the restroom when we got there at about 3:50 (his plane landed 3:33) but by the time we came out the restroom, and picked up some candy at the stand we were headed toward the baggage area, and lo & behold there HE was coming towards US (my daughter spotted him and was like "mom isn't that him???") I thought she was joking at first but i looked over and she wasn't. This was a little before 4:30. when we went to embrace him he explained that his INS checks were already taken care of.

Ruthanne, Afro, Sonya - there is a GOD and thru Him you will meet your success via Lagos embassy. Can't wait to read your updates as well.

Thanks ST,

I really needed to hear that. This is an awful day for me. I am just really getting so fed up and angry at this whole immigration system. Come Friday it will be time for me to lock and load and make myself known and heard at MSC. Have a great time with your sweetie. Take care, Sonya

Smooches all
Old May 5th 2004, 5:39 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point

So Nkem, when IS the BIG DAY for you and JJ?

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!
Old May 5th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nkem4ever

Smooches all
C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S !!! I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little envious of you both(lol) You both just experienced the reality of all we still on-queue have for long been dreaming of; "the long awaited re-union with our loved ones". Thanks for your encouragements as well. There sure is a God to lead us through the Lagos embassy, & I can't as well wait to post my updates too. Thank God for everything!!!
Old May 6th 2004, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by omo
So Nkem, when IS the BIG DAY for you and JJ?

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!
Omo thanks
the date we're Shooting for is June 5th or right thereabout. Need to confirm/synchronize with the pastor of the church whom will be meeing with this Saturday. Will keep ya'll posted!

We're also opting to maybe have a small civil thingy and just a semi-big house reception. so as you can see its still 'up in the air'. I am finding out that whether a big toodoo or small affair, planning is everything (ha ha ha)

Afro thanks also for your kind words. I cannot begin to describe to you what it feels like being reunited with JJ - words cannot express it all . I anxiously await to read you and others post in que.

smooches
Old May 6th 2004, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

DaGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and welcome to the U.S. ! I'll update my timeline soon, but you should all know that Mamus got her EAD card in the mail three days ago. Our I765 NOA1 was around Jan 8 2004.

DG
Old May 6th 2004, 4:58 am
Just Joined

vade is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! You've earned it....especially from Nigeria.
Old May 6th 2004, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by vade
Congrats! You've earned it....especially from Nigeria.

Vade and Dageek,

Its delighting to read from you two. Hope you are all very fine. Yes I am so happy to re-unite with Nkem.We are still in the euphoria.

In my effort to get knowing movements here, even though Nkem says its too early to go out alone. On May 4th,I went to the local office here in Atlanta to enquire for EAD and others. I was given loads of forms which we can only mail back after we obtain the marriage licence.

I read somewhere that k-1 can get a temporary EAD. So I don't know why I was not given. Its like this things defer according states?

On May 5, went to SS office,but name was not yet on system and told to come back in 2 wks.

Anyone has advice on these?

JJ
Old May 10th 2004, 4:53 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point

On May 5, went to SS office,but name was not yet on system and told to come back in 2 wks.

Anyone has advice on these?

JJ
Greetings JJ:

As the K1 holder, you cannot apply for a SSN until your name is updated in the SSA's SAVE system, which can take up to 2 weeks time or so. As far as a work permit (EAD), you cannot apply for that until AFTER your marriage and file the I-765, so this is where patience is extremely important for the both of you. The USCIS is not the most expedient when processing these forms, so expect to wait a while after filing the EAD form. (For what it's worth,...my hubby had to wait almost 2.5 months for his EAD after we filed it and it wasn't easy for him at all since he was eager to find work and help support me.)

As for the AOS, that will not come to fruition until after you've filed the I-485 form along with the filing fee and required documentation. The AOS interview itself could take up to one year or more to be scheduled, depending on your location.

Meanwhile, use this opportunity to get closer to Nkem, communicate ever moreso and plan your lives together. You will be in this "immigration" maze for a long time, but fortunately, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as the maze will eventually come to a fruitful conclusion.
Old May 10th 2004, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Omo and Steffi

Thanks a million for your candid advice. Yes we will be patience. Meanwhile, we are tying up the nots on June 12 at Bible Way Ministry, Constitution Rd, Atlanta. I will bid goodbye to bachelor hood. The bible says "he who finds a wife finds a good thing" Thank God for giving me a befitting woman like Nkem to be my wife. We are doing great together in love.

God bless you all.

JJ