Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

Wikiposts

Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

:PARTY:

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! The Lord is Good all the time.

I decided to write on a separate thread because I don't want this turn out into any form of another Nigeria tribal warfare. Please let everybody lay down arms. But join me in celebration.

I and Nkem has been so busy celebrating that we could not come to the cafes to post. Right now I got call that visitors are waiting for me at home to know how things went.I promise I will be back.

However, detail of my experiene will come later. I am told to come back on 21 April by 2pm to pick my visa.

Nkem sends greeting to all. Bye an catch you all later.

JJ&ST in Lagos.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Jul 19th 2004 at 8:49 am.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update Nigeria: K-1 Success Story!!!!

Originally posted by JJ&ST

I decided to write on a separate thread because I don't want this turn out into any form of another Nigeria tribal warfare. Please let everybody lay down arms. But join me in celebration.

I and Nkem has been so busy celebrating that we could not come to the cafes to post. Right now I got call that visitors are waiing for me at home to know how things went.I promise I will be back.

However, detail of my experiene will come later. I am told to come back on 21 April by 2pm to pick my visa.

JJ&ST in Lagos.
Then PLEASE, let me be the first on this thread to say GOD BLESS YOU! And Congrats! ST make sure you call me the minute you get home! It was so wonderful to hear your voice! JJ if you haven't spoken to Sunny yet, he sends his heart felt best wishes. I know he's been on his knees for you! We'll be at the wedding for sure! I have plenty of frequent flyer miles!
Blessings,
Ruthann/Oseme
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Eko4show is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey JJ and Nkem
Congratulations. I am so pleased with your success. It's a landmark in k1 history. Good job. See you can never be over prepared afterall.
I bet you will be having sleepless nights henceforth untill you get here. I am more than happy that you have put all the information you gathered from this forum into good use and your efforts haven't gone in vain.
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Eko4show

I and Nkem has been so busy celebrating that we could not come to the cafes to post. Right now I got call that visitors are waiing for me at home to know how things went.I promise I will be back.

JJ&ST in Lagos.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

JJ&ST in Lagos.
You must have gone through a lot to get it, congrats.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Wooo Hooo ! ! ! ! Congratulations ! ! !
You guys must feel great and I know the feeling ! ! !
Can't wait to hear the details, I am sure it was quite an experience.
Whatever sleep you guys get tonight is well deserved.

Remi and Jeff

JJ&ST in Lagos.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:44 am
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point

JJ&ST in Lagos.

Much Congrats now let it rub off , all the blessness and luck
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:57 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nassara
Much Congrats now let it rub off , all the blessness and luck

WHO'S THE MAN!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS

I almost cried when I saw the news. I couldn't sleep lastnight because I was so anxious to find out that yes indeed the victory is God's. I just knew!!!!! And girl, call me with details! Enjoy every minute because victory is sweet and soon will be everlasting.
Take care and be safe coming home. JJ take care of my girl, 'cause I know she's taking good care of you! Peace out,
Sonya
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point

JJ&ST in Lagos.
Without any mudslinging(I have decided to sheath my sword), may I once again congratulate you both on a well deserved interview success. God bless us all!
Like the famous exclamation in this N.G goes:
WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cathese is an unknown quantity at this point

A big congratulations to you guys. I think the interview is a walk over if all have all neccessary documents in place.

Cathese
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Cathese
A big congratulations to you guys. I think the interview is a walk over if all have all neccessary documents in place.

Cathese
Yes that is correct. And good arrangement of documents,emails,letters and the photo album. I will write my experience after i pick up the visa on Wed 21st. But b4 then let Eko4Show have a drink on me,I will pay later!!! I will explain all this later.

Meanwhile, Nkem will depart Nigeria for US this night. Its been a blissful ten days together.0ur second meeting!!! Tonite we say goodbye no more,but see you by end of April !!!!!

Till later bye

JJ&ST
(enroute Muritala Mohammed Inter'l Airport,Lagos.)

Last edited by JJ&ST; Apr 19th 2004 at 4:53 am.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by veryfunny
You must have gone through a lot to get it, congrats.

I'll reply to this particular one becuase it is such an understatement to say we must have gone thru a lot. We have gone thru a WHOLE lot, and thats putting it mildly.

JJ will share his inside story but from me standing onthe outside is a little different. 1st and foremost we have been putting God before every tiny step we took. where there was doubt or fears we asked Him to help guide us in the right direction. We came to this board and recieved tons of good advise and suggestions.

From all those who helped guide us we say thank you and to those who sat by and prayed silently we thank you. I know that without God's intervention and will it would be impossible.

My JJ and I sat up the entire weeek b4 the day to gather, refigure, compile, and organize what we had. Between the lot I bought from the US and the items he gathered here, we had some serious organizing to do. I have to hand it to him, though he put the final touches on the package.

I am so proud of how he woke up with great confidence that it will all be well. He looked mighty sharp wallking into that embassy in his suit & tie ready to face our mountain with God's almighty strength. WHile he was behind the doors, I continued to pray and ask God's favor up until the very end. I believed He would not let us down. In the meantime prayers were going up on our behalf back in the US (my family, church family, his own family etc) so we kind of bombarded heaven with prayers.

Anway, before he entered the doors of the embassy we gave each other a kiss for strenght, courage and unity it held him up in there I'm sure. After a few hours my name was unexpectadly called by a guard where the rest of us were sitting. My JJ sent a note to me asking how I am holding up in the heat and asking me to be patient for he had to wait for yet one more interview. Obviously he had seen the first one and it would be some time b4 the 2nd came around, but he remained confident that we would succeed.

I felt like a school girl getting a note passed to her from the boy she she has a crush on - LOL -. He was concenrd that i would be in the heat and be miserable. Iagine, me out there thinking about him and he doing the same for me inside. True love is wonderful indeed.

I smiled when I read it, and my hope was boosted as he stated that the lady embassy worker, at the front gate where we stood b4 he entered, made mention to his intervewer, that I was outside at the gate waiting. Unkown to us she was also interviewing other applicants but not ours. Anyway, her input was a good one and I believe God sent her there to intervene for us as well.

Gosh, i could go on and maybe I will later, but it is no small thing when one passes thru one of the most toughest embassies on earth. Our motto has been that as tough as the embassy is, the God we serve is even tougher and He will prevail and give us the victory. Just like that!

Smooches 'til next time

So
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Eko4show is an unknown quantity at this point

Ol boy
It's a pitty they don't sell shine shine bobo for here but I'll have my favourite drink on you "Tia Maria" .
Glad my hope/wish came to past. (I wrote in my PM to you that I hope the Consulars will see through your sincerity just as I'd seen). God is certainly on your side too
JJ you are certainly different for good and Nkem, you are blessed.
I just smiled when I read about the note JJ sent to you whilst he was still in the embassy. My husband was sturborn enough that the consular security let him in briefly to see me. I think he told them that I had left some important document behind or something like that .
Can't wait to hear about all your experience. But in the mean time I just dey :PARTY:

Yes that is correct. And good arrangement of documents,emails,letters and the photo album. I will write my experience after i pick up the visa on Wed 21st. But b4 then let Eko4Show have a drink on me,I will pay later!!! I will explain all this later.

Meanwhile, Nkem will depart Nigeria for US this night. Its been a blissful ten days together. 0ur second meeting!!! Tonite we say goodbye no more,but see you by end of April !!!!!

Till later bye

JJ&ST
(enroute Muritala Mohammed Inter'l Airport,Lagos.)
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:12 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, JJ&ST, we could not be happier for you! Congrats again.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by omo
Again, JJ&ST, we could not be happier for you! Congrats again.

Greetings to you all in Jesus name. I can hardly thank you all enough. We would not have made it alone without your well intentioned and constructive pieces of advice.

I will fly on May Day(May 1) to Atlanta. shortly we would put out an invitation to our wedding which comes up 5 or 6 June( we will rectify dates with the Bishop on my arrival. I will be glad to invite you all that can attend,as time and distance could permit you.

Our marriage seminar to be organised by the church commences first week May for two to three weeks prior to our wedding.

Greetings to all Nija members of this forum. I pray for the success of those whose interview is coming up soon.

Indeed according to Folinysika(hope the spelling is correct) in his reply to mine post in the moribond Docsteen he said...." US embassy Lagos,Nigeria is a difficult embassy,but one thing is clear, they issue visas and will continue to issue visas"

Yes I concour, US embassy Lagos issue visas and they have issued mine!!! So also they will issue yours in Jesus name,Let someone say Amen!!!!

Stay blessed and when next I write you,It will be from Atlanta!!!

Yours JJ
(signing - off from Nigeria)

Last edited by JJ&ST; Apr 27th 2004 at 9:33 pm.
Old May 3rd 2004, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Jolly good flight !!!

Hi all,

I had a jolly good flight. The POE was brief. While on board Amsterdam to Detroit, all non-citizen were given I-94(Arrival/Departure Form) to complete and hand over to immigration.

The immigration collected my passport and the forms filled on board. He asked why I came to USA and I told him. He took my finger prints and made a photo of me with the camera mounted on his desk. He took me to another room where I met a few other persons to be interviewd by another officer.

When it got to my turn. The questions were all the same, from Lagos airport to amsterdam and now Detroit.Why did you come to the USA.. I said to marry my fiancee and to live with her indefinitely. He said good and addded that..."your visa is single entry with the K1 so you must marry b4 the 90 days ends or " you loose".

He stamped my passport indicating "Admitted" and put inside it the small port of the I-94. He said "welcome to USA".

I asked him about EAD ? The officer replied.....you will get those after getting married, but you have to visit the immigration office nearest to where you will live for further details. I thanked him and left to baggage section to collect my luggage.

I passed through controls and my luggage was re-checked in to Atlanta. All was on time long b4 my next flight to Atlanta. At Atlanta no further stoppings or question asked. I just boarded the train that took me to baggage claim. And shortly after collecting my baggage, Nkem spotted me and ran to me and we embraced with kisses !!!!

As I write this post I still have jet-lag from the long flight from Lagos to Atlanta. I and Nkem are so happy that our dream has come to true at last !!! You know what? I am at home resting she has phoned twice to make sure it was not a dream but real !!!!

I thank you all very much.

JJ

Last edited by JJ&ST; Jul 19th 2004 at 8:55 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.