Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update on AOS petition to have case re opened

Update on AOS petition to have case re opened

Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Update on AOS petition to have case re opened

Well it has been nearly one year since Houtson District Office forgot to update my new address and henceforth denied my case due to abandonment. Still i am waiting to hear something anything but nothing as yet as to wether they are going to re open my case or not. I have contacted Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson here in Texas several times ( alot actually ) and still all I get is nothing.

So hey just wanted to let everyone know I am still around and still waiting. How long can this go on omg?

Love to Rete, Hyper, Ray and all who have supported me in the past.

Kitty
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: Update on AOS petition to have case re opened

Originally Posted by kittya2004
Well it has been nearly one year since Houtson District Office forgot to update my new address and henceforth denied my case due to abandonment. Still i am waiting to hear something anything but nothing as yet as to wether they are going to re open my case or not. I have contacted Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson here in Texas several times ( alot actually ) and still all I get is nothing.

So hey just wanted to let everyone know I am still around and still waiting. How long can this go on omg?

Kitty
What about getting a Lawyer?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Done but she is laggin but thanx for the advice........

Originally Posted by Ndori
What about getting a Lawyer?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kitty

Good to see you again but sorry to see the update isn't a good one. Have you renewed your EAD and/or AP since you reopened the AOS? Just want to be sure that they have the correct address this time.

What about visit in person to the Houston Office to determine for yourself if your case is moving or laying stagnant in the bowels of the basement.

Also have you been re-fingerprinted? The old ones are out of date.

Rete
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my ..nearly a year gone by ...good to hear from you kiddo
and happy birthday for today ....
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

No rete have not been able to reapply for work autho as they have not reopened my AOS ( i-485 ) seems today I contacted my senator and I have been told that my petition to reopen my case has been denied yet no letter from USCIS sent to me at all nothing on over a year. All of this was due to them not updating my addy when I sent all the required paperwork. Guess they will start deportation proceedings soon.

Thanx again everyone ALWAYS IN MY HEART

Originally Posted by Rete
Hi Kitty

Good to see you again but sorry to see the update isn't a good one. Have you renewed your EAD and/or AP since you reopened the AOS? Just want to be sure that they have the correct address this time.

What about visit in person to the Houston Office to determine for yourself if your case is moving or laying stagnant in the bowels of the basement.

Also have you been re-fingerprinted? The old ones are out of date.

Rete
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

No rete have not been able to reapply for work autho as they have not reopened my AOS ( i-485 ) seems today I contacted my senator and I have been told that my petition to reopen my case has been denied yet no letter from USCIS sent to me at all nothing on over a year. All of this was due to them not updating my addy when I sent all the required paperwork. Guess they will start deportation proceedings soon.

Thanx again everyone ALWAYS IN MY HEART
Hi:

Have you considered filing a new application?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

Kitty,

How early on did you get your Congressional Rep involved?

We had something similar (supposed failure to show up for fingerprint appt, which wasn't true) and are trying to get our local Rep to fix it, or file motion to reopen if that does not work.

Kitty