Reload this Page >

Update on AOS from Baltimore

Update on AOS from Baltimore

Old May 26th 2004, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on AOS from Baltimore

Hi All,

After receiving my I-551 stamp on February 11, 2004 from the CIS office in Baltimore, I was told that it would take about 6-9 months for processing of the I-551 card. Three and a half months later, (ie: today), I received an I-797 Notice of Action from VSC stating that the Card Data Collection Form (I-89) that was submitted (I presume this was the biometrics done back in October 2003), "does not meet acceptable quality standards for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services purposes because the fingerprint is unidentifiable."

So now I need to take two more ADIT photos and spend a day at the CIS office tomorrow to get this information to them yet again... Oh joy!!

Ian
Old May 27th 2004, 2:08 am
Eric S.

Default Re: Update on AOS from Baltimore

Did you get your fingerprinting done at a USCIS ASC? So they are not happy
with the quality of work of their own people?? That's rich!

- Eric S.

"eiloo" <member2680@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    > After receiving my I-551 stamp on February 11, 2004 from the
    > CIS office in Baltimore, I was told that it would take about 6-9 months
    > for processing of the I-551 card. Three and a half months later, (ie:
    > today), I received an I-797 Notice of Action from VSC stating that the
    > Card Data Collection Form (I-89) that was submitted (I presume this was
    > the biometrics done back in October 2003), "does not meet acceptable
    > quality standards for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services purposes
    > because the fingerprint is unidentifiable."
    > So now I need to take two
    > more ADIT photos and spend a day at the CIS office tomorrow to get this
    > information to them yet again... Oh joy!!
    > Ian
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 27th 2004, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

I didn't go to a satellite ASC, I went to the Head Office in Baltimore to get my fingerprinting done that first time, and the DAO also had taken my fingerprint and had me sign the I-89 form. I went back this morning, once again to the Federal Fallon Building in Baltimore to have it done again... I hope this is the end of the line until N-400...

Originally posted by Eric S.
Did you get your fingerprinting done at a USCIS ASC? So they are not happy
with the quality of work of their own people?? That's rich!

- Eric S.

"eiloo" <member2680@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    > After receiving my I-551 stamp on February 11, 2004 from the
    > CIS office in Baltimore, I was told that it would take about 6-9 months
    > for processing of the I-551 card. Three and a half months later, (ie:
    > today), I received an I-797 Notice of Action from VSC stating that the
    > Card Data Collection Form (I-89) that was submitted (I presume this was
    > the biometrics done back in October 2003), "does not meet acceptable
    > quality standards for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services purposes
    > because the fingerprint is unidentifiable."
    > So now I need to take two
    > more ADIT photos and spend a day at the CIS office tomorrow to get this
    > information to them yet again... Oh joy!!
    > Ian
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old May 27th 2004, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by eiloo
Hi All,

After receiving my I-551 stamp on February 11, 2004 from the CIS office in Baltimore, I was told that it would take about 6-9 months for processing of the I-551 card. Three and a half months later, (ie: today), I received an I-797 Notice of Action from VSC stating that the Card Data Collection Form (I-89) that was submitted (I presume this was the biometrics done back in October 2003), "does not meet acceptable quality standards for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services purposes because the fingerprint is unidentifiable."

So now I need to take two more ADIT photos and spend a day at the CIS office tomorrow to get this information to them yet again... Oh joy!!

Ian
Hi:

The machines used to generate I-551 cards can be picky at times. It is annoying, but this is ministerial in nature. I have found that the DAO's in L.A. are pretty good at spotting doubtful pictures and will hold the file that day for the client to get new ADIT photos. I tell the client that this is to their benefit.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The machines used to generate I-551 cards can be picky at times. It is annoying, but this is ministerial in nature. I have found that the DAO's in L.A. are pretty good at spotting doubtful pictures and will hold the file that day for the client to get new ADIT photos. I tell the client that this is to their benefit.
Well the thing is that I did have to get my ADIT photos redone the day of my AOS... but it was the actual fingerprint that was improper I believe...

Now that I recall the fingerprint at the interview... the DAO didn't seem "pleased" about the fingerprint he took of me that day... at least that's the impression I got after he took it both times. Today's fp was much darker and I guess will get things done... <fingers crossed>
Old May 29th 2004, 2:48 am
Just Joined

dano1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear about the lastest delay, its always something. im still waiting for my background check to come through after my successful aos interview. its been four months now. im just trying to figure out how early to apply for my renewal ead. im not sure how they count the 90 days, is it calendar days or working days?
Old May 29th 2004, 6:00 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

...I did have to get my ADIT photos redone the day of my AOS...
Did they say why they had to be re-done Ian?

How long did it take from you sending in the AOS application to the interview date?

Curious minds are eager to know!

Cheers

Tam
Old May 30th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Did they say why they had to be re-done Ian?

How long did it take from you sending in the AOS application to the interview date?

Curious minds are eager to know!

Cheers

Tam

Yeah... I needed them redone because I had my glasses on... They seemed to accept them before with my glasses and now he said I shouldn't have them on... so I went to the Ritz on the corner and had them redone...

Here's my timeline...

12-Aug-03 Went to Civil Surgeon to obtain Vaccination Supplement. All the other doctors in the area insisted on doing a FULL medical. Cost was $35 and they also required a varicella titre which cost $50. Received Supplement a week later sealed in an envelope.
16-Aug-03 Decided that in order to get some documentation (gov't documentation) of my address… I would go to the MVA (Motor Vehicle Administration) to get my Ontario licence changed to a Maryland licence for $45.
21-Aug-03 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to VSC
23-Aug-03 VSC Received package at: 2:24PM
2-Sep-03 Notice Date on NOAs
4-Sep-03 BCIS Cashed all three checks, AOS: $305, AP: $110, EAD: $120
8-Sep-03 Received all three NOAs
10-Sep-03 VSC transferred all 3 apps to the Baltimore office, received I-797s for all three apps
26-Sep-03 Received letter to get fingerprints taken @ an ASC within 120 days for Form I-485
3-Oct-03 FP completed at Baltimore ASC
10-Oct-03 USCIS confirms receipt of the review of FP and processing has resumed on the I-485 case
20-Oct-03 AOS Interview Letter, received on October 30, scheduled for February 11, 2004, approximately 23-24 weeks after NOA
19-Nov-03 EAD Letter, received on November 21, scheduled for November 25 @ 8:30AM
1-Dec-03 Went to USCIS in Baltimore to get EAD and AP

15-Dec-03 Left for Canada via Buffalo on December 12th and returned on December 15th. Imported my car at the same time.
19-Dec-03 Mailed AR-11s to Baltimore, London, KY and VSC to notify of change of address
16-Jan-04 Received letter from VSC regarding change of address and that they have already forwarded my file to the Baltimore District Office

11-Feb-04 SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW
- swore us in, to tell the truth
- took my right index fingerprint and asked me to sign a form just below the print on both sides
asked:
- for ID (driver's licences, passports and proof of my wife's US Citizenship... Passport sufficed)
- for my EAD and AP, but only kept the EAD since he was going to give me the I-551 stamp
- the questions on the I-485, are you: a terrorist, felony, ever had handcuffs on etc...
- if I had any children
- my wife for our address to confirm it in the system, I had previously sent in an AR-11 to KY, VT and MD offices
- wanted a new employment letter from my wife's employer and a copy of her recent paystub

19-May-04 Received Notice of Action on May 26 stating that the I-89 (Card Data Collection Form) was not acceptable because the fingerprint was unidentifiable.
20-May-04 Went to CIS in Baltimore to have fingerprint taken and provided two more ADIT photos.
Old May 30th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dano1
sorry to hear about the lastest delay, its always something. im still waiting for my background check to come through after my successful aos interview. its been four months now. im just trying to figure out how early to apply for my renewal ead. im not sure how they count the 90 days, is it calendar days or working days?
Hey Dano...

good to hear from you again... sorry that your case is still in limbo... maybe you should go to Baltimore to see what is up with the delay? Anybody else have some idea on what can be done? I would suggest the misinformation line... but we're smarter than that...

I think you'd best apply 90 calendar days... since it would be the same as if you didn't get your EAD within 90 calendar days from applying for your first one... are you going to e-file it or send in a written app?

Good Luck...