update

Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update

Before you got to customs, how long did it take you to get through immigration?

Just curious.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
Thank you both, I am going to try and get seats at the front of the plane LOL I remember waiting 2 hours to get through customs 1 time! Not great with 2 kids who were under 6.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Before you got to customs, how long did it take you to get through immigration?

Just curious.

Regards, JEff
Honestly felt like a life time! We were in a queue for about 2 hours just to get to the customs officer then because I had to have my info checked (when I was 19 I was very silly I went over to the USA on a VWP and got married and tried getting a visa. We did it but it took AGES lots of money and lots of issues along the way and then just when we reached the end we decided to move back to the UK!.....STUPID idea and would not recommend doing it this way)

Anyway then I had to go into this room to have additional checks I had my daughter with me (she is a USC) and we were in that room about 3 hours! And then we finally got through. I burst into tears when I saw my husband we were so scared we would be separated but I refused to let my daughter be separated from me.

BUT This time we are doing everything properly above board and waiting until visa is in hand before we go But I will still see if we can get to the front of the plane to get off sooner! We are staying in NYC over night and then the next day our 3 Chihuahua's will fly over and then we will go back "home" to upstate NY.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
Honestly felt like a life time! We were in a queue for about 2 hours just to get to the customs officer then because I had to have my info checked...
Jeff is doing it to you again! He's trying to subtly correct you... and point out that it took you 2 hours to get to the immigration officer... not the customs officer. You don't get to customs until after you clear immigration - and customs usually only takes a few minutes.

Ian