update

Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update

Originally Posted by aaronjamie
thanks noorah. you're wonderful. can we use her mother in law even if she doesn't get tax returns?
Do you mean your fiancee's mother? Or your fiancee's mother in law (which would indicate your fiancee is married!) Or do you mean your future mother in law?

Why wouldn't she have tax returns? If she's earning $40K a year, she should be filing tax returns. If she wants to be your sponsor, she should immediately file the most recent 3 years of back tax returns, assuming she earned that much money each year.

also - more on the medical interview. once that's complete do i get a receipt to send in with all the forms?
You probably get a receipt for payment, but you don't need to send it to the consulate.

or do they just send it on to the embassy themselves?
The doctor sends the medical results directly to the consulate.

and you say it takes a week or two - does that mean i should wait a week or two before i send in all the forms?
You don't have to wait.

and finally - this checklist - is this the ds-2001> or something else?
I'm not sure. Instructions for the checklist should be on the link that came in your letter.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification - no, it cannot be "anyone living in the USA who qualifies financially."

It's probably a good assumption that his fiancee's mother meets the other requirements, but we do not know that for certain.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, it can be anyone living in the USA who qualifies financially.
also one more thing. affadavit of support. could it be my fiancee's mother?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Point of clarification - no, it cannot be "anyone living in the USA who qualifies financially."
I'm not sure what you mean, JEff. The I-134 sponsor can be anyone living in the USA who meets the financial qualifications (well, meets with the ConOff's approval). It can be a USC, a US PR, or even someone in the USA on an H1B. I suppose you're right, it can't be someone who is working in the USA illegally...the illegal income wouldn't count. But then again, when I say "qualify financially" that means with legal income/assets.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:23 pm
In Anticipation

BibbyBear is an unknown quantity at this point

If you've got all the documents ready:

birth/marriage/divorce certificates
police certificate
I134 (sponsor)
tax transcripts for the last 3 years (sponsor)
letter from bank (sponsor)
letter from employer & payslips (sponsor)
letter of Intent with original signature from your fiancee

then you can complete the forms, print them and sign where indicated, photocopy them and send them off to the Embassy straight away.

You don't have to wait until after your medical to do this as the Consulate will not schedule an interview until after they have received the medical results which are sent to them direct from the doctors at Knightsbridge.

If you have all of the above documentation in hand now, then ensure you complete the DS2001 giving the date of your medical - so, make sure you at least phone the Knightsbridge doctors first so that you can include this.

If you are missing any of the above, you can still send off the forms (it may be wise to do this anyway, as it gets you on the system) but don't send the DS2001 (Notification of Readiness) until you have everything in hand.

Of course, as Rene has already stated, you can't book your medical without your police certificate, so ensure you have that first.

I hope that helps a little and I hope I haven't missed anything off the list of documentation (I have just organised mine in a folder today ready to take to my interview next week, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind LOL!)

You will also need to take your letter from the Embassy, your passport and your emailed receipt of payment (when you have paid) with you to your interview.

I can say though, the Embassy website is relatively easy to follow and there are plenty of good instructions to be found on there and also on this forum to help with any uncertainties. So be sure to read all instructions thoroughly before completing and sending anything

Chrissy
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

aaronjamie is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, sorry haha, i meant my future mother in law - she doesn't get tax returns because her income - pension, social security, veterans payments - are all tax free

thanks for all the help guys. you people are amazing!
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the help bibby!

so basically. pay visa cost on phone. get police certificate. fill in all forms. get medical once police cert received. once medical done and they send to embassy, send in all the forms.

and all the while, get sponsor stuff sorted.

i then receive date and time for visa interview
take sponsor stuff, all the documents and photocopies, police certificate, visa payment receipt

anything missed out?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:34 pm

yeah, sorry haha, i meant my future mother in law - she doesn't get tax returns because her income - pension, social security, veterans payments - are all tax free
This doesn't make sense. If she has any sort of income, if it's above a certain dollar amount (which it seems to be), then she is required to file a US tax return, and claim that income. Whether she has to pay tax on it or not is a different matter, and not something that concerns you and the I-134.

People who earn income from a pension, social security, or veteran's payments, STILL need to file a US tax return each year. If she has not done so, she should get started on filing the most recent 3 years of returns, if she wants to do an I-134 for you.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:38 pm

so basically. pay visa cost on phone. get police certificate. fill in all forms. get medical once police cert received. once medical done and they send to embassy, send in all the forms.
This is not the way I read her post. I read it as:

Start getting the police certificate.
When all your forms are filled out, you can send them to the consulate.
When you have police certificate in hand, book the medical.
When you know the date of your medical, AND you have the I-134 and all other documents required, send in the DS-2001 readiness form.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:47 pm
In Anticipation

and all the while, get sponsor stuff sorted.

i then receive date and time for visa interview
take sponsor stuff, all the documents and photocopies, police certificate, visa payment receipt

anything missed out?
OK, the order I would do this now, as it appears you haven't got anything already sorted prior to the I-129F NOA is as follows:

1. Apply for Police Certificate (usually takes around 2 - 3 weeks to get that back)

2. Fill out all the relevant forms (as per your letter from London) (but NOT the DS2001 as you are not ready yet!) and send off to the Consulate along with the photocopies (I took an extra copy so I could keep one myself!)
NOTE..... step 2 can be done immediately, you don't need to wait for the police certificate.... London won't schedule your interview until your medical report has been sent to them anyway, but at least they'll have your application already logged on their system

3. When you have your police certificate in hand, phone Knightsbridge and arrange your medical.

4. Attend medical

5. When all supporting documentation, letters etc have arrived from your fiancee/sponsor, complete the DS2001 and send to London.

6. Phone and pay for the K1 Visa application fee ($240) and print out the receipt that they immediately email to you - sign the receipt where indicated.

7. You should then receive a letter giving you your interview date..... take all supporting documentation (in duplicate), passport, receipt and appointment letter with you to the interview.

8. Smile if granted the Visa

I hope this clears things up better for you?

As a side note, I was sent an interview date without sending in the DS2001, so be careful not to book your medical too early if it looks like it's going to be quite some time in accumulating all the documentation from USA etc.... you could end up having to re-schedule the interview if this happens

Chrissy
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by BibbyBear
As a side note, I was sent an interview date without sending in the DS2001, so be careful not to book your medical too early if it looks like it's going to be quite some time in accumulating all the documentation from USA etc.... you could end up having to re-schedule the interview if this happens
I agree with being careful. But if it does happen that the interview is scheduled and he doesn't have everything ready by that date, I wouldn't reschedule the interview.

I'd still attend the interview, and let the ConOff issue the request for the missing documents. He'll be given time to gather them and send it back to the consulate. I wouldn't risk trying to postpone the interview date.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:57 pm
In Anticipation

I agree with being careful. But if it does happen that the interview is scheduled and he doesn't have everything ready by that date, I wouldn't reschedule the interview.

I'd still attend the interview, and let the ConOff issue the request for the missing documents. He'll be given time to gather them and send it back to the consulate. I wouldn't risk trying to postpone the interview date.

Rene
I totally agree, that is exactly what I'm doing for my missing certificate (from Germany) but I wasn't sure if that was the "correct" thing to do or not, especially if missing several items, so I didn't want to offer bad advice (although, in telling him to reschedule, I suppose that was bad advice... sorry )

Chrissy
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

bibby- you say send off the 'photocopies' in point 2. do you mean those two forms where you need two copies?

also, noorah
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3165427AAFXzbx
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...it-of-support/

va benefits are exempt from tax -
from what i'm reading, we'd need a statement from the va to confirm how much she receives yearly, and a letter from the irs to confirm she is exempt from a tax, along with a letter from her bank
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by BibbyBear
I totally agree, that is exactly what I'm doing for my missing certificate (from Germany) but I wasn't sure if that was the "correct" thing to do or not, especially if missing several items, so I didn't want to offer bad advice (although, in telling him to reschedule, I suppose that was bad advice... sorry )

Chrissy
It's OK. Both are valid alternatives, but keeping the original appointment is less risky. The danger in trying to reschedule is that your notice of wanting to reschedule might not get to the proper person by the right time...and if they are expecting you to show up and you don't, you're a "no-show" and it's an automatic denial. It would be a huge pain to try to open the case back up again.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:00 pm
In Anticipation

bibby- you say send off the 'photocopies' in point 2. do you mean those two forms where you need two copies?
Yes
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:00 pm
In Anticipation

It's OK. Both are valid alternatives, but keeping the original appointment is less risky. The danger in trying to reschedule is that your notice of wanting to reschedule might not get to the proper person by the right time...and if they are expecting you to show up and you don't, you're a "no-show" and it's an automatic denial. It would be a huge pain to try to open the case back up again.

Rene
Ah, I never realised that.... I'm so glad I didn't try to reschedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.