Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Unlocking DS-260 DCF london

Unlocking DS-260 DCF london

Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

lyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Unlocking DS-260 DCF london

No trace means they don't have anything. Mine has no trace on it , I haven't any arrests or convictions so you should be ok and your subject access shouldn't show anything! But I am sure someone else will be able to confirm this.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

usachick1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

To be on the safe side. Just answer yes. Then apply for a memorandum of conviction with the court where he was tried or subject access statement on the ACPO site . The subject access statement takes 40 days to receive. The memorandum of conviction takes anywhere from a few hours, days,or 2 weeks at the most to receive. They both cost £10.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

I'm confused because I was convincted of driving while uninsured in 2011, got fined, points and was disqualified, not banned, and had to resit my test. But my police record says 'no trace'. I want to be honest. Don't want to be accused of fraud. That's why I want to answer yes to that question eventhough the police certificate says 'no trace'
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

With respect, you are both feeding each other's misunderstanding. "No Live Trace" means that your record is still on file, but is old enough that the conviction itself is no longer listed on the certificate. "No Trace" means that either you've never had a conviction or that the conviction was long enough ago that the record no longer shows up.

At it's most simple:

If you don't have a conviction and your certificate shows "No Trace" you need neither an SAR nor an MOC.

If you have a conviction and your certificate shows "No Trace" you should get either an SAR or an MOC.

If you have a conviction and your certificate shows "No Live Trace" you should get both an SAR and an MOC.

If you have a conviction and your certificate shows "No Trace"... well, the incident still happened and you are obligated to declare it - regardless of what the certificate says.

Ian
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

lyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura aboutlyndilou has a spectacular aura about

Ah I see now. I never knew it could show no trace and have a conviction. I knew you would know Ian thanks for the clarification. So why was my husbands arrest back in 1972 showing as no trace in 2009 do you think? Do you think it was the police computers not being fully updated then? We thought, in all honesty, that because in said it no trace we didn't need to declare it. thanks again Ian

Last edited by lyndilou; Feb 10th 2015 at 9:33 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for clarifying Ian.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyndilou
So why was my husbands arrest back in 1972 showing as no trace in 2009 do you think?
One of our members was in UK law enforcement... perhaps he'll drop by and comment.

Ian
Old Feb 13th 2015, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Lyndilou & Ian, please read what the London embassy says on its website regarding errors on your ds-260 ( bottom bit of site); saw it today while browsing; A letter or waiting til the interview won't cut it lyndilou; it confirms that I'm right in contacting them regarding unlocking the ds 260 for errors made only in the background / security section or with your passport number. Ian, unfortunately the red pen reference at the interview applies only to errors made on the biographical details of the ds260. I'm still waiting on a response from them about unlocking it for my security error.
Visa processing & documents | Embassy of the United States

Last edited by usachick1989; Feb 13th 2015 at 9:27 am.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Lyndilou, the london embassy just responded to my request to unlock my ds260 to correct the background / security error. They unlocked it! :-)
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Oh wow well the NVC wouldn't do ours and our paperwork Is in transit according to the ceac so how did you contact the Embassy? I shall do the same thing then! Thanks for the heads up on that, you are a star!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

lyndilou, I went to this website: U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | Embassy of the United States
Select: "My inquiry concerns immigrant visas and is not covered by information on your website" option. Please include your case number and ask if they can unlock your ds260 to correct a security/ background error. I applied directly with them and not through the NVC. It won't hurt to ask, especially considering what their site says; let them know what the NVC told you as well. If for some reason they can't unlock yours,you can always take a copy of the response email you receive with you to your interview to prove you tried to correct the form before the interview. Keep me updated. FYI: it took a week for me to receive a response from the london embassy regarding unlocking my ds260.

I just fixed my ds-260 and resubmitted it; corrections made. :-)
Old Feb 13th 2015, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

That's great usachick1989. I will do the same then. I will let you know how I go on thanks once again
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Usachick 1989, just did the email as when I checked the ceac website it had our cases marked 'ready'. So I will let you know how it goes. They say they will reply within 5 working days.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by usachick1989
A letter or waiting til the interview won't cut it lyndilou; it confirms that I'm right in contacting them regarding unlocking the ds 260 for errors with your passport number
Having completed our Ds 260s, we then got a new passport for our son thus making the logged passport number incorrect. All we did was take both passports to the interview and they updated the record without any issue.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Well that was what we were going to do but I would like to get it amended before the interview if we can. Just another hurdle jumped ....probably ( knowing my luck) before I get to it then fall over! � ����

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.