Unique question

Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

NigeriaAmerican is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unique question

i am not playing with the truth, i am upfront and totally honest about everything, we are not hiding anything and the reason as to why we are filing in the UK is because she was there as a student when i proposed. We are just not looking to extend the time we are apart by transferring it to another consulate in another country....that's all. No fraud, no lies, no bad intent, just preventing heartache.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigeriaAmerican
actually, now that she is going, i have suggested to her to stay in the UK until her interview is over....so when she goes this weekend, she will be there till she receives her visa....
no, not at all, i won't ask her to over stay, if she has to go back before the interview date then i will suggest that and we will return for the interview
OK, these two posts of yours say exact opposite things. At this stage of the visa process, it will take longer than 1 month to get to the interview stage. So either she hopefully gets a longer stay in the UK (like 4 - 6 months or so), or she can leave the UK and return again as a visitor with no problems when she needs to go for her medical and interview.

In my opinion, she should not overstay her visit in the UK.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:27 am
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light

They've agreed to interview her in London and they probably will be happy to process the case there. Her best chance of success is to tell the truth. She will be asked for her current address. In the circumstances this will be somewhere in Nigeria, she is not resident in the UK anymore. Given that they will probably ask why she's being interviewed in London. If she explains that she was resident in London when the visa process was started then there probably won;t be a problem. As others have said, especially given the visa fraud issues with Nigeria, they may refuse the visa or decide that they can't make a decision in London and transfer it. Be prepared for that, but don't give up. if she does everything by the book she has a good chance of success and you will be together soon.

Good luck!

ETA: It's my understanding a UK visitor visa allows a 6 month concurrent stay so she shouldn't have a problem. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Malashaan; Mar 30th 2011 at 5:29 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

they are not opposites, i meant i suggest she stays till her interview, but if the deadline to leave is getting close, she should leave, then come back in. For example, if her interview date falls in the time she is ok to stay then she will go for it, if not, then i will suggest she leaves and then go back to the UK
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malashaan
ETA: It's my understanding a UK visitor visa allows a 6 month concurrent stay so she shouldn't have a problem. Am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. It might depend on the nationality of the visa holder as to how long they get to stay in the UK. It's also up to the POE officer, he is allowed to grant a shorter stay than "normal", too.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:48 am
Just Joined

ok, so we will go ahead and finish up in london then, we will just make sure she does not over stay. Also on her forms, i will ask her to put her UK address, whens he goes for her interview then she can clarify that she currently lives at that address and also give her Nigerian address. The reason for this is because on the original petition it has her UK address and incase anything is to be mailed to her it will be best at her UK address. When she goes for the interview she will clarify it and explain that she was a student at the time of filling, way before the expiration of the student visa and we don't want to prolong the process..we are planning on getting married at the end of May that's why.

So if she is asked she will explain then. I will send her copies of the NOA1 and 2 as proof as to when we filed and when we got approved just to show more supporting documents and that we are not trying to fraud the system...not all Nigerians are fraudulent.....
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:00 am

Also on her forms, i will ask her to put her UK address, whens he goes for her interview then she can clarify that she currently lives at that address and also give her Nigerian address.
You still aren't understanding the difference between "living" and "visiting". She cannot clarify that she lives at the UK address, because she does not. She can clarify that she's using that UK address as a mailing address, even though she lives in Nigeria.

..and we don't want to prolong the process..we are planning on getting married at the end of May that's why.
Make sure your wedding plans are flexible.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so we will go ahead and finish up in london then, we will just make sure she does not over stay. Also on her forms, i will ask her to put her UK address, whens he goes for her interview then she can clarify that she currently lives at that address and also give her Nigerian address. The reason for this is because on the original petition it has her UK address and incase anything is to be mailed to her it will be best at her UK address. When she goes for the interview she will clarify it and explain that she was a student at the time of filling, way before the expiration of the student visa and we don't want to prolong the process..we are planning on getting married at the end of May that's why.

So if she is asked she will explain then. I will send her copies of the NOA1 and 2 as proof as to when we filed and when we got approved just to show more supporting documents and that we are not trying to fraud the system...not all Nigerians are fraudulent.....
And yet, you are recommending out of the other side of your mouth that she lie on her application form.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:01 am
Just Joined

i don't see that as a lie but since Rene put it that way i see what you are talking about now.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:07 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This is the kind of information I asked you to provide back in post #10 of this thread.

It appears that your fiancee is not resident in the UK, I think the odds are the the consulate in London may decline to process her visa application. But, we'll see. Do let us know.

Regards, JEff

we don't know that yet because she is going back this weekend, so after she gets there this weekend we will know when she must leave by, probably will be given a month to stay

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 30th 2011 at 6:10 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

They have? Who is "they"?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Malashaan
They've agreed to interview her in London ....
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

When this has come up in the past, the Consular consensus seems to be that in order for the Consulate to accept the visa case (at NVC level), the applicant must be in the (foreign to them) country with a visa that allows them to remain 6 months forward.
Your fiancee did not meet this requirement. Whether or not the Consulate will accept her situation on a tourist visa is up to them. I suspect that if you ask them nicely they may accommodate her at this late date but not by you trying to trick them.

IMO you need to email the Consulate directly and get a clear answer attached to her case number after telling them the entire situation.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:31 am
Just Joined

I did email the consular, the person on the phone gave me their email address and a code to attach to the subject line. I emailed them and gave all her information and mine and pleaded with them to please allow her to finish the process in london, i got an email back saying she needs to send in her packet 3 information and do her medical asap so they can continue to process the case....that's why i said they agreed to it.

Just called them again and she put me on hold to speak with a supervisor, the supervisor said she can apply for any visa while she is in the UK.

I applied for her in July 2010, i got my first receipt in August, her visa expired last week in January, so i did give 6 months
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:40 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
At one time, USCIS had four levels of fraud: low, medium, high, Nigeria! In 14 years of following this and similar forums, the number of Nigerians to get any sort of US visa including a K-1, is way less than 50%. I was being generous by offering 50/50 odds!

Ian
My dear Ian: Don't misquote me. It was a in-house State Department joke, not USCIS. The ranking was Low Fraud, Medium Fraud, High Fraud, Lagos. DOS would have "training posts" for various issues. For example, crime issues were within the expertise of Moscow; fraud within the expertise of Lagos.

That said, Lagos does, in fact, issue visas. I have not completed the thread yet. I wonder if OP has consulted about "TCN" issues?

Furthermore, deponent sayeth not.

Edit -- TCN mentioned in passing. Comment -- this one is "interesting." To OP -- don't ask me anything -- advance notice that I will not reply. Good luck.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Mar 30th 2011 at 6:44 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:41 am

I said 6 months forward from the NVC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.