Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Typing directly into the I-129F K1 PDF???

Typing directly into the I-129F K1 PDF???

Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Typing directly into the I-129F K1 PDF???

I am trying to type directly into the I-129F PDF form on my computer, but it will not let me. Also, there are some parts of the box that are too small to fit the entire word that I am trying to type. For instance, the city where I live is quite long and wont fit. What do I do?

I don't want to have to hand write anything. I thought it was better to type directly?

I have no problems on the other forms (G-325A) typing directly onto them.

I have tried both the version from the UCIS website and also visajourney.com

Can anyone help?!

Thanks.

Last edited by ukmancoll; Sep 12th 2004 at 11:11 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Typing directly into the I-129F K1 PDF???

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I am trying to type directly into the I-129F PDF form on my computer, but it will not let me. Also, there are some parts of the box that are too small to fit the entire word that I am trying to type. For instance, the city where I live is quite long and wont fit. What do I do?

I don't want to have to hand write anything. I thought it was better to type directly?
I don't know if it'll help, but you tried updating Adobe acrobat?
I didn't have a problem, but then I have Acrobat 6 Pro...
as for long names, can't help you there, able to try a smaller font?
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't know if it'll help, but you tried updating Adobe acrobat?
I didn't have a problem, but then I have Acrobat 6 Pro...
as for long names, can't help you there, able to try a smaller font?
I downloaded the trial version of Acrobat 6 Pro, but it still wont let me type directly into the PDF form of the I-129F form.

It says in the options field of the document preferances that editing/changing of the document is allowed.

Like I said, I can type in fine on the other forms. Can anyone help with this??

Thanks.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:26 am
Hawkslayer

Try dowloading the form from: http://www.visapro.com/INS-Forms-Download.asp
Their forms seem to be fine for making entries. I've used them since I began
the process.

Alfie..

"ukmancoll" <member8949@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> I don't know if it'll help, but you tried updating Adobe acrobat?
    >> I didn't have a problem, but then I have Acrobat 6 Pro...
    >> as for long names, can't help you there, able to try a smaller font?
    > I downloaded the trial version of Acrobat 6 Pro, but it still wont let
    > me type directly into the PDF form of the I-129F form.
    > It says in the options field of the document preferances that
    > editing/changing of the document is allowed.
    > Like I said, I can type in fine on the other forms. Can anyone help
    > with this??
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Erinity is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has two very long middle names, and they wouldn't fit in the box provided. So we typed as much as we could, and printed very neatly, the rest of it. No problems, we're on the AOS track now. they won't fine you for having to hand write things. I'd just try to type as much as possible, since there's less confusion over handwriting.

I have no problems on the other forms (G-325A) typing directly onto them.

I have tried both the version from the UCIS website and also visajourney.com

Can anyone help?!

Thanks.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

If you look on the forms page for USCIS, it indicates which forms are fillable.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

The I-129F is not listed as being fillable.

Of course, some are not listed as being fillable even though they are (e.g. AR-11).

Here is a fillable I-129F http://www.ilw.com/immigrants/forms/i-129Ffillable.pdf

If you have the full version of Acrobat then you can also change the font size so long names will fit inside the boxes. The full version also allows you to save a copy of the filled in form. The reader does not allow one to save completed forms.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Also, there are some parts of the box that are too small to fit the entire word that I am trying to type. For instance, the city where I live is quite long and wont fit. What do I do?

If it won't fit, you handwrite it in, silly. They have no problems accepting petitions that have handwritten entries - just try to make it as legible as possible. I did that with our I-129f and G-325a's. There were many addresses and such that would not fit in so I clearly printed them, and we were approved with no problem whatsoever.

We downloaded a fillable form off of the USCIS site. However, I think that a new version of the form has come out since the one we used. Follow the links that Sphy posted, and make sure they are not expired forms. If the fillable forms are all expired, you may have to just handwrite everything.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Sep 13th 2004 at 3:59 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Follow the links that Sphy posted, and make sure they are not expired forms. If the fillable forms are all expired, you may have to just handwrite everything.
Good point sunflwrgrl13.

For the record, the fillable form link I provided has the same expiry date as the non-fillable form on the USCIS web site (11/30/04).

However, the non-fillable was revised on 4/16/04 whereas the fillable was revised 11/20/01.