Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Two very specific 864 questions...

Two very specific 864 questions...

Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

justjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two very specific 864 questions...

Hi all,

Quick background: I am a US citizen, married to an EU national. We filed via the London embassy. I accepted a job offer back in Colorado, i've been here a few weeks at the new job, and my lovely wife is still back in the UK.

We are using my wifes assets to span the disparity in required income level for the 864, hence we are filing an 864a along with the standard 864 which I fill out.

Everything seems quite clear after rereading the 864/a instructions over and over(100 times hehe).

#1: I-864a: part 2
I am the sponsor and am filling out section II as instructed. Do I need to have my signature notorized before handing it off to my wife in the UK? I know I have to have the standard 864 notarized, but wasnt sure about the 864a section II sig.

#2: I-864: part 1
I am the primary sponsor now back in the US having just started my new job. My wife is still in the UK prepping her interview. In part I of the 864, it ask for my Mailing address and place of residence. Should I use our UK address, or the new US address? Baring in mind that we only could process through the US London embassy because I have residence in the UK as well. Please advise... I would hate to put down the new US address and somehow be disqualified at this last stage from using the London embassy. For clarity, my residence permit and address in the UK are still valid. (Possibly the UK address for residence, and the US address for the mailing address????)

Thanks in advance!

John
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two very specific 864 questions...

Originally Posted by justjohn
Hi all,

Quick background: I am a US citizen, married to an EU national. We filed via the London embassy. I accepted a job offer back in Colorado, i've been here a few weeks at the new job, and my lovely wife is still back in the UK.

We are using my wifes assets to span the disparity in required income level for the 864, hence we are filing an 864a along with the standard 864 which I fill out.

Everything seems quite clear after rereading the 864/a instructions over and over(100 times hehe).

#1: I-864a: part 2
I am the sponsor and am filling out section II as instructed. Do I need to have my signature notorized before handing it off to my wife in the UK? I know I have to have the standard 864 notarized, but wasnt sure about the 864a section II sig.

#2: I-864: part 1
I am the primary sponsor now back in the US having just started my new job. My wife is still in the UK prepping her interview. In part I of the 864, it ask for my Mailing address and place of residence. Should I use our UK address, or the new US address? Baring in mind that we only could process through the US London embassy because I have residence in the UK as well. Please advise... I would hate to put down the new US address and somehow be disqualified at this last stage from using the London embassy. For clarity, my residence permit and address in the UK are still valid. (Possibly the UK address for residence, and the US address for the mailing address????)

Thanks in advance!

John
Hi:

Two very specific answers:

#1 -- 42.

#2 -- 63.

Sorry, the Devil made me do this.