Two Questions

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:10 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all
Default Two Questions

Hi. I'm filling the initial forms to enable my UK fiancee, Sarah, to join me here in America. I have to questions for you guys.

First one. How much income does one need to be eligible to support their loved one? I know its supposed to be %125 above the poverty line. So what is the poverty line? Right now, for various reasons I probably don't earn that much, will my parents be able to help with this? Right now I'm laid off from my job and will collect unemployment until I find another job. Will this hurt our application?

Second question. I meet many international people and married a foreigner 5 years ago. We ended up getting divorced about two years ago. My question is if this will be a major problem for me and my fiancee? I hope it dosn't appear fishy to them.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two Questions

Originally posted by jjw152

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, the first post on British Expats (the forum you are using to read this usenet group) has an FAQ and a bevy of links. Starting there will get you the answers you're looking for for starters.

There are plenty of divorced people petitioning for their fiance/spouse/visa here. Unless yours is unresolved, it shouldn't hold you back with USCIS.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:32 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all

Thanks. Will look at the other info.

But what about the fact that my previous marriage wasn't to an American citizen?
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:05 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jjw152
Thanks. Will look at the other info.

But what about the fact that my previous marriage wasn't to an American citizen?

I also was previously married to a foreign citizen, and it played no part- I was open about it...and it was never brought up.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I've also been married before, twice, both to non-American citizens. It's not a problem.

Best Wishes!
Rene