Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

TV Show Wants to Marry Us

TV Show Wants to Marry Us

Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV Show Wants to Marry Us

A Spanish television show that has been out for years wants to get us married. The problem is that the consulate in Dominican Republic has such a beauracracy (sorry if mispelled). I don't know if we will be able to appear on the show and get married there.

They are interested in our case because our romance started through the internet.

I really don't know what to do. The show's producer has sent a letter to the consulate general in Dominican Republic, but this consulate is so difficult to get in touch with or to contact. Like I said they are so difficult to deal with. The problem is that the show recording is this month and our visa interview is in February. They would like to make this earlier in time for the show.

God knows my fiance and I would so happy to share our story with millions of people throughout latinamerica and share with all the happiness of our marriage.

I don't know what to do or say. It's incredible how one's happiness lays in the hand of others.

I feel happiness and sadness at the same time. Who knows what will happen.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Show Wants to Marry Us

Don't see what the problem is for you. If you are doing the K-1, then you can't marry in the DR as you have to marry in the US. If you want to participate in the show, then do so and then use another method to get your then wife into the US.

If you want to continue with the K-1, then tell the television program director, that you can do it and the reason why.

Rete

Originally posted by d_medina
A Spanish television show that has been out for years wants to get us married. The problem is that the consulate in Dominican Republic has such a beauracracy (sorry if mispelled). I don't know if we will be able to appear on the show and get married there.

They are interested in our case because our romance started through the internet.

I really don't know what to do. The show's producer has sent a letter to the consulate general in Dominican Republic, but this consulate is so difficult to get in touch with or to contact. Like I said they are so difficult to deal with. The problem is that the show recording is this month and our visa interview is in February. They would like to make this earlier in time for the show.

God knows my fiance and I would so happy to share our story with millions of people throughout latinamerica and share with all the happiness of our marriage.

I don't know what to do or say. It's incredible how one's happiness lays in the hand of others.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Don't see what the problem is for you. If you are doing the K-1, then you can't marry in the DR as you have to marry in the US. If you want to participate in the show, then do so and then use another method to get your then wife into the US.

If you want to continue with the K-1, then tell the television program director, that you can do it and the reason why.

Rete
yes we are interested in doing this and I have told the producer that. The problem is the consulate. I guess you might understand what I mean if you knew this consulate.

Thank you for reading.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:20 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Totally personal choice of course but I wouldn't screw up any chances of a K1 at this late stage for the sake of a TV show which will be forgotton as soon as it's been aired.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete

Rete

CORRECTION:

If you want to continue with the K-1, then tell the television program director, that you cannot do it and the reason why.

Rete
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

A Spanish television show that has been out for years wants to get us married.
Hi D-medina:

Just curious can you tell me, How did they find you to document your love story???
Are they paying you for this???
Are they going to pay for the wedding stuff (brigde dress, suit, make up, for everything...)

My romance started in internet too... also I made everything through internet (paperwork, send invitations, look for plane ticket to my fiancee, and another stuff...)

I think you must wait, maybe they can help you to move the interview appoinment. I could see that Cristina's show they had made many things like that to bring people to that latin show made in Miami very fast. I mean help people to obtein visa in their countries.

I would like to share my story too...(I think I'm not that brave to do it on TV) Mine is a lovely story and many latin people could understand that internet love really exist and that's not a liar.

I think you must be relax, at least you have the appointment for the interview, because this situation maybe can help you to move fater your case... Don't you think????

BEST WISHES...

2Pat

PS: I hope to see you in Cristina, Marta Susana or wherever your wedding will happen.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Doblepat

I had emailed the producer back in November in response to a post in Univision forum. That's how they knew about me.

Unfortunately, the consulate said they cannot move the interview ahead a few days, but this is not surprising. This consulate would not consider anything or anyone. It is not like in other countries where the show can easilly get a visa for people to go to the show. Dominican Republic consulate is just a really tough consulate to go through. I simpatize with anyone that has to go through them. I go with no high hopes to my interview on Feb 2. I got tired of being positive and then having things go sour.

All of you that go through the England consulate or any other consulate thank God you do.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:55 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the consulate had brought the interview forward, it still doesn't get round the fact that you would have to get married in the US.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sibsie
Even if the consulate had brought the interview forward, it still doesn't get round the fact that you would have to get married in the US.
Yes in fact if given the visa the marriage is not going to be anyplace else other than US. The show was in Miami

doblepat-forgot to answer your question, yes our stay and marriage was going to be paid for.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:46 pm
Mrraveltay

d_medina wrote:

> Hi Doblepat

> I had emailed the producer back in November in response to a post in
    > Univision forum. That's how they knew about me.

> Unfortunately, the consulate said they cannot move the interview ahead a
    > few days, but this is not surprising. This consulate would not consider
    > anything or anyone. It is not like in other countries where the show
    > can easilly get a visa for people to go to the show. Dominican Republic
    > consulate is just a really tough consulate to go through. I simpatize
    > with anyone that has to go through them.

I, for one, am happy to hear that the consulate won't give someone a
jump in the queue just because some TV show is interested in their story.

Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, the consulate said they cannot move the interview ahead a few days, but this is not surprising. This consulate would not consider anything or anyone. It is not like in other countries where the show can easilly get a visa for people to go to the show. Dominican Republic consulate is just a really tough consulate to go through. I simpatize with anyone that has to go through them. I go with no high hopes to my interview on Feb 2. I got tired of being positive and then having things go sour.

All of you that go through the England consulate or any other consulate thank God you do.
Hi D-Medina:

It's a pity that you wanted to share your love story and because burocratics system you will lose the chance..

I think all of us, in differents countries, have complains about our country's US consulate. At least I do. I'm tired to be optimist but I haven't another choise, because I like to be optimist because it help me to be happy than pessimism help me to feel it. I would like to thanks specially Hypertweeky who has been a great friend supporting me in my down times.... Thanks Maria!!!!

2Pat
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mrraveltay
I, for one, am happy to hear that the consulate won't give someone a
jump in the queue just because some TV show is interested in their story.
Did you see their timeline??? they have been waiting for interview for 4 months.... don't you think it is a long time??? It would be great if someone whichever can help them to hurry up their process.... I would be very happy if they could change the interview date some few days....

2Pat
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Yes in fact if given the visa the marriage is not going to be anyplace else other than US. The show was in Miami

doblepat-forgot to answer your question, yes our stay and marriage was going to be paid for.

I don't know what you are bitching about with the DR US Consulate. You have an interview date LESS than five months after applying in VSC for a I-129F Fiancee Visa. Do you know how god damn lucky you are? So you won't be televised, your wedding paid for, and your pockets lined with publication monies. That is not why you were getting married. Although you were the one to contact the television show to get them interested in you. If the television producers wanted you so badly they could tape your wedding when it occurs and televise it at a later date. Guess they are not interested enough to do that.

And for the record, your post did not say you were to get married in Miami nor is the US Consulate wrong in not changing your scheduled appointment. You are not the only person using the services of that particular US Consulate and I'm sure that the ones who have appointments that you want to be pushed aside for your personal gain want to be with their loved ones as much as you do and may have waited a lot longer than you are.

I will not apologize for my rant at your childish tantrum.

Rete
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:17 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by doblepat
Hi D-Medina:

It's a pity that you wanted to share your love story and because burocratics system you will lose the chance..

2Pat
The only ones who should be interested in his love story is himself and his fiancee and their families and friends. The rest of the world does not have to be a party to their wedding ceremony or the details of their lives. They are not involved in a reality show here.

The pity would have been to the couple or person they would have pushed out of line if the US Consulate had chosen to up the date of his fiancee's interview. I bet if it were you who was shoved aside to make room for a non-emergency appointment, you would not be all that thrilled.

Somethings are "Do-able" and somethings are not.

Rete
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:28 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doblepat
Hi D-Medina:

I think all of us, in differents countries, have complains about our country's US consulate. At least I do. I'm tired to be optimist but I haven't another choise, because I like to be optimist because it help me to be happy than pessimism help me to feel it. I would like to thanks specially Hypertweeky who has been a great friend supporting me in my down times.... Thanks Maria!!!!

2Pat
Aww You are such a nice and lovely girl, I am glad my encouraging words has helped you. I am trying to attach the forms so I can send them to you, Sibsie and Michi
My wedding on a TV show?, I personally wouldn't like such a thing.. But I wish you guys nothing but the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.