TRIP may have worked

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:44 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRIP may have worked

Hi All

Just to let you know that yesterday I had my first entry to the US after getting the notification from State that they had removed a notation on my record, and I sailed through with no comment whatsoever.

Prior to that I have had secondaries every time (just counted: twenty-two border crossings) since 2000, with one exception in 2004 (and I think that was a mistake, and I probably should have had a secondary). My statuses for the secondaries since 2000 have been B-1/B-2, H-1B, LPR and USC.

So, fingers crossed that it's all good now, and I think it would be a fair assumption that for me TRIP worked.

BTW, the entry yesterday was by boat from Victoria, BC to Seattle, and we cleared immigration in BC before boarding the Clipper.

Nettie

Last edited by nettlebed; Aug 22nd 2010 at 4:59 am. Reason: Add missing right parenthesis.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:04 am
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Default Re: TRIP may have worked

Congrats... hopefully the "luck" sticks for future entries...

Did your notice state a notation had been removed ? others have reported very vague responses that do not really indicate if action was taken.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats NB...but I fear until you stop using Ian's avi...you'll never be completely off the hook.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:12 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A I
Congrats... hopefully the "luck" sticks for future entries...

Did your notice state a notation had been removed ? others have reported very vague responses that do not really indicate if action was taken.
Yes, I got a very specific message that a notation on my file had been removed on the basis of my status as an LPR or USC.

Exact wording: "After reviewing your case, your name has been removed from the Consular Lookout and Support System based on your Lawful Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizenship status."

I have seen that someone else got a message from DHS saying that some action might have been taken as appropriate, but that they couldn't state whether it had or not, and even if it had, they couldn't say what or why.

My letter came from State direct, though, not DHS. It was a form letter, so clearly State is used to doing this sort of thing.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:18 am
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Yes, I got a very specific message that a notation on my file had been removed on the basis of my status as an LPR or USC.

Exact wording: "After reviewing your case, your name has been removed from the Consular Lookout and Support System based on your Lawful Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizenship status."

I have seen that someone else got a message from DHS saying that some action might have been taken as appropriate, but that they couldn't state whether it had or not, and even if it had, they couldn't say what or why.

My letter came from State direct, though, not DHS. It was a form letter, so clearly State is used to doing this sort of thing.
Awesome !!!! Congrats again
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:19 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Congrats NB...but I fear until you stop using Ian's avi...you'll never be completely off the hook.
You're wish is my command. Though you may wish I hadn't complied...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

As you know, I was never offended... indeed, almost flattered! Congratulations on getting out from underneath Big Brother's thumb. Well done.

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:52 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As you know, I was never offended... indeed, almost flattered! Congratulations on getting out from underneath Big Brother's thumb. Well done.

Ian
Of course: I remember at that time you were kind enough to send me encouragement to try and channel your unique approach, since at that time you claimed you were bowing out due to having reached a post count of 15,000, plus being busy with family matters.

Of course, I knew it wouldn't stay that way, Mister >16,500...

And thanks for your kind words.

(PS: avatar actually changed since lasses from Yorkshire scare the tar out of me!)

Last edited by nettlebed; Aug 22nd 2010 at 5:06 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... at that time you claimed you were bowing out due to having reached a post count of 15,000, plus being busy with family matters.
Well, starting next week I'm going to be busy with school matters... so I'm going to... umm... bow out again! Oh, I love your new avatar!

Ian
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:23 am
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
My reply above was to JG: we're hot guys, and we need to stick together against the horrible, horrible chickocracy - Noorah101, JerseyGrrrl, Rete, and worst of all that Moaning Meauxna!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My reply above was to JG: we're hot guys, and we need to stick together against the horrible, horrible chickocracy - Noorah101, JerseyGrrrl, Rete, and worst of all that Moaning Meauxna!!!

Ladies, it's noodle time. I had a special one made on Arthur Street. 4 foot long and 1/4" thick. Just right for lashing time.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:54 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff, Nettie.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Ladies, it's noodle time. I had a special one made on Arthur Street. 4 foot long and 1/4" thick. Just right for lashing time.
Hang on a bit I'll have to get my thigh high boots on then I'll be right with you.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:45 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

"The Shocker" love it.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:04 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey I previously reported that I used TRIP because I started getting secondary screening when I was on F-1 status, and I told that specifically that there were some red flags in the SEVIS system on my F-1. After I filed for TRIP, a little over a month later, I got a very vague letter saying that they can neither deny or acknowledge if there's mistake on my records, and can neither confirm or deny if anything has been corrected.

I entered the U.S. in June without any problem at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.