Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:04 pm
His princess

Default Too Early To Do Anything Yet?

My fiance is sending all our paperwork to the TSC on Monday hopefully
- we messed up with the pictures and had them done three quarter face
with right ear showing so had new ones done today which are flying
across the ocean as we speak.

If he overnights the documentation on Monday to Texas, is it too early
for me to start asking for police checks etc here in London, England?

Is there anything you could suggest we should start doing so its all
ready?

I've looked around and it seems that Texas is on the move and things
seem to be going quite quickly there for some strange reason - hoping
we are lucky enough to be fast also so keeping fingers crossed.

Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too Early To Do Anything Yet?

Originally Posted by His princess

ready?

Your fiance can start working on the I-134 Affidavit of Support, but my advice is not to have it notarized until closer to the interview date (assuming all the information on it is still correct at that time).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:21 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

ready?

i would start on the police check ASAP. There are some cases where it took more than the 4 weeks stated to arrive. That was one of the first thing we did to get my husband's visa.
jen
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:55 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

If he overnights the documentation on Monday to Texas, is it too early for me to start asking for police checks etc here in London, England?

Is there anything you could suggest we should start doing so its all ready?
It's never too early to start getting things together for your London interview. Some suggestions:

1) Send off for your UK police certificate. This typically takes about 6 weeks, I believe.

2) Get extra copies of your UK long form birth certificate if you don't already have some -- you'll thank yourself for having extras of these when you're settling into the US.

3) Get the ball rolling for the I-134 Affidavit of Support (your fiance's job, really) -- obtaining his last 3 years' tax transcripts, letter of employment, gathering bank statements, pay stubs, etc. I agree with Rene on waiting until the interview is closer before having it notarized, just in case the information changes (you never know).

4) Update all your vaccinations with your GP -- this will ensure that you don't have to pay extra $$ when you go for your K1 medical exam on the day of your interview. Make sure you get at least 2 copies (preferably official-looking) from your GP of your vaccination history -- both new and old jabs. You can hand one over to the K1 doctor, and keep one for your personal records and bring it to the States. If you end up needing a new medical exam for AOS, this will help establish what vaccinations you've already had. (Trust me on this -- take advantage of how cheap jabs are in the UK while you still can!)

5) Get extra photos for the interview if you don't have them already. I believe London wants three.

6) Start settling your affairs in the UK. Look into how you'll ship your things over. Update your address book of friends/family's contact info. Start meeting up with friends to say goodbye before things get too busy and you don't have a chance to. Start selling things you won't need anymore, or give them to friends or charity. I honestly believe doing this when you have more time to do it will make leaving a lot easier for you, not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I think it's something that Mark would go back and change if he had the chance -- he left everything to the last minute.

~ Jenney

Last edited by Just Jenney; Sep 15th 2004 at 11:16 pm. Reason: Rene knows why I edited it! :P