Today is the day

Old Feb 5th 2005, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Today is the day

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Well, everything went along as planned except that we forgot to bring the marriage license (oops!) and had to come back later after the ceremony and reception to have the papers signed. Also I forgot to wear the red and gold bracelets (aka: bangles) that i have been saving for a year (another oops!). Oh ya, and neither of the 2 cameras that i brought would work, but luckily a few other people brought some, so as soon as i get them I will post some here on BE for anyone interested.

All in all it was a big success. The ceremony was beautiful, the food and cake were delicious and no family fights broke out... at least not that i noticed! We are hoping for a little getaway soon, but i want to get the AOS stuff in the mail first.

Thanks everyone for the support and congratulations. I wish i could email you all some cake!

Marnee
Hey Marnee, I am glad everything went so well for you both. A wedding wouldn't be a wedding without a few blunders though! At our wedding I forgot to get my fresh flower bouquet from the refridgerator for the ceremony and the JP just kept rambling on and wouldn't allow for me to get it until after he finished. Plus, my hubby couldn't get my wedding band on my finger, so he licked my finger...eeewe! and said, "Honey I told you I would do whatever it takes to finally put this ring on your finger" LOL
Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats!! It sounded beautiful. I hope it all went well and wish you both much
happiness.

Dawn
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

It's amazing the things that you forget or do wrong or goes wrong on a wedding day. Nothing is perfect and I've come to realize that. Mahir and my photographer got stung by a yellow jacket outside our house taking pictures and then our pictures didn't come out well after $1800 expense and in our video tape the videographer got my bridesmaids backs instead of me walking down the aisle and my veil was scrunched up in the back and noone fixed it for half the service and that's all you saw that entire half in the video. My husband wasn't told to put his jacket back on so our family formal pictures look awful. Sigh.....I just thank God we're together and husband and wife. All of those little things don't matter. We'll always remember the day, as will all of you, and that's what matters. The one thing that went perfectly is Mahir's best man's speech that described the distances we've been through to be together ~ and ALL of you know what those distances are and that's why this group is so great. Congratulations to you. You'll always remember the day despite forgetting the license and your bangles and it'll always be perfect to you.

Allison

Well, everything went along as planned except that we forgot to bring the marriage license (oops!) and had to come back later after the ceremony and reception to have the papers signed. Also I forgot to wear the red and gold bracelets (aka: bangles) that i have been saving for a year (another oops!). Oh ya, and neither of the 2 cameras that i brought would work, but luckily a few other people brought some, so as soon as i get them I will post some here on BE for anyone interested.

All in all it was a big success. The ceremony was beautiful, the food and cake were delicious and no family fights broke out... at least not that i noticed! We are hoping for a little getaway soon, but i want to get the AOS stuff in the mail first.

Thanks everyone for the support and congratulations. I wish i could email you all some cake!

Marnee
Old Feb 7th 2005, 2:32 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, everyone!

Marnee
Old Feb 7th 2005, 6:03 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting married this afternoon! Woo Hoo!
Hey, congratulations Marnee.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Marnee
I think everyone must have some glitch--maybe it's for luck later? We forgot the ring bearer's pillow---specially made by DH's mother--so my BIL had to run back to our apt. and try to find it. Ceremony went okay, though DH did put on my rings upside down, but the real problem was the limo we hired to take us to the reception NEVER SHOWED! All the guests were at the reception for 90 minutes before we got there, and some people had to leave before we arrived. Needless to say I was very upset, on what should have been a most happy occasion.

Dawn, still mad over it 4 years later!!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:56 am
Just Joined

bggirl is on a distinguished road

CONGRATULATIONS !! I wish you all the happiness in the world! I would also love to see some pictures, when they are ready!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Late to the thread but my congratulations to you and the Mr. Sounds like an atypical wedding day. Long and happy life.

Rete
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psychobabbler1
I think everyone must have some glitch--
Our only glitch was that my fiance didn't speak a word of English, and the JP said it was the first time he's ever seen the bride translate for the groom. LOL The JP would say a short phrase, I'd translate, and Sadegh would say "yes" in English.

In fact just to be funny, at one point, the JP wanted Sadegh to affirm the usual "I promise to stay in sickness and health..." something like that, and I translated "I promise to do everything you tell me to do from this day forward, forever and ever". Sadegh started to say "yes", and then got a surprised, confused look on his face and the JP laughed and said "I don't think you told him what I said!" LOL Everyone cracked up, and it really lightened the mood. My only regret is that we didn't bring our camera. My brother in law said the look on Sadegh's face was priceless.

Hey, maybe forgetting the camera was a glitch?

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:39 am
AOS-LA District Office

mc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant futuremc898 has a brilliant future

We are getting married this afternoon! Woo Hoo! After all of this waiting, our time is finally here. We are very happy and this will be a day to remember.

Wedding:
I'm wearing my red dress as seen in my avatar pic with a red rose bouquet, Honey is wearing a black shirt and pants with a red tie, pakistani music, red unity candles with rose petals around the base and with brass cadle stick holders, a small gathering of close friends and family, no bride's maids etc - keeping it simple.

Reception:
A lunch buffet at an indian restaurant including an ivory colored double stacked cake with a pile of red roses on top and flowing down to circle the bottom to be cut with a cake knife and server that i decorated myself with red and gold ribon and beads.

Marnee
Congratultions Marnee!!!!!!

Let us know when you post the wedding pictures so we can view them
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:00 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, everyone!

Marnee
Congratulations!! Wishing you both much happiness!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:27 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww, yay!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pics.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 11:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting married this afternoon! Woo Hoo! After all of this waiting, our time is finally here. We are very happy and this will be a day to remember.
Congratulations, Marnee! I'm so very happy for you both.

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:15 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Our only glitch was that my fiance didn't speak a word of English, and the JP said it was the first time he's ever seen the bride translate for the groom. LOL The JP would say a short phrase, I'd translate, and Sadegh would say "yes" in English.

In fact just to be funny, at one point, the JP wanted Sadegh to affirm the usual "I promise to stay in sickness and health..." something like that, and I translated "I promise to do everything you tell me to do from this day forward, forever and ever". Sadegh started to say "yes", and then got a surprised, confused look on his face and the JP laughed and said "I don't think you told him what I said!" LOL Everyone cracked up, and it really lightened the mood. My only regret is that we didn't bring our camera. My brother in law said the look on Sadegh's face was priceless.

Hey, maybe forgetting the camera was a glitch?

Rene
LOL Rene You are a very naughty girl!!.
Mark and I got married in Spain.I had to translate the entire ceremony, when the judge asked Mark do you want Maria as your wife blah blah blah, Mark responded "Yes I do", I said..no honey you have to say "Si quiero", He looked so cute and innocent when he said it, awww!!