Default Timeline I-129F and K-3 visa

Hello to all.
I have just a few questions to anyone who can give me feedback on how
long this all takes. I married my husband in Washington (state) and am
now back in australia (Western Australia)waiting on my K-3 visa. i was
just wandering how long the I-129F takes to get processed and the K-3
visa to get? I've seen quite a few people say its been taking them
quite awhile to obtain theirs. When my husband and I rang immigration
the lady said that it shouldnt take anymore than 3-4 months.
Thanking everyone in advance.

Old Feb 29th 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline I-129F and K-3 visa

Originally posted by Aussielove
Hello to all. I have just a few questions to anyone who can give me feedback on how long this all takes. I married my husband in Washington (state) and am now back in australia (Western Australia)waiting on my K-3 visa. i was just wandering how long the I-129F takes to get processed and the K-3 visa to get? I've seen quite a few people say its been taking them quite awhile to obtain theirs. When my husband and I rang immigration the lady said that it shouldnt take anymore than 3-4 months. Thanking everyone in advance.
It all depends on whether you get an RFE or not. The NBC currently seems to be processing applications within 2-3 months. After that it gets sent to the National Visa Center who in turn forwards it to the appropriate consulate. How long it takes to get an interview at the consulate varies from place to place - I'm not sure how long the wait is back where you are in Australia. But the US piece of it should take about 2-3 months. If you get an RFE, it is really anyone's guess. There are people that have gotten RFE's that have been waiting over 6 months now since their original application (though it is not supposed to take that long - from what I've read, an RFE would normally add another month or so onto the timeline).

Regards,
Amol