application. It's been 6 months, and the INS has not sent anything to
us. We filed at the local INS office, as directed on the application
forms.

Any idea how long it takes to get this approved? Also, do we need to
wait for INS letter to go ahead with the medical exam? I have not done
my medical exam.

thanks

Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timeline for AOS marriage to USC

Originally Posted by Franjan
My spouse is a USC and has filed for my I-130 and I-485. I got me EAD
already. THe letter from INS stated it takes 60- 90 days to process the
forms.

my medical exam.

thanks
Hi Fran,

1. When did you file the I-130 and I-485?
2. What's your local service center?
3. Depending on when you sent your petitions in, you should have either mailed the medical along with them, or bring the medical to your interview. The rules on this just changed recently.

If you answer these questions, we can help you further. Also, you can find current processing times for your local service center here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My spouse is a USC and has filed for my I-130 and I-485. I got me EAD
already. THe letter from INS stated it takes 60- 90 days to process the
forms.

my medical exam.

thanks

You got ME EAD? I'm glad you got your EAD that makes it easier for you to find employment and obtain a social security card. As for the timeline from the USCIS (you will never hear anything from the INS as they no longer exist) that varies from district office to district office.

You don't say which one you are dealing with but since you claim to have filed at the district office you are using one of the offices that went on to the new filing system in April, 2005. This might or might not have a direct bearing on why your adjustment interview has not yet been scheduled. Also I'm assuming you have not checked the USCIS timeline page to determine just what the "proposed" timeline is for your local district office. And I also assume you are unaware that anything written as to timelines by the USCIS is fictional in nature and should never be used as anything more than a generalized guideline and not believed as gospel according to DHS.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
You got ME EAD? I'm glad you got your EAD that makes it easier for you to find employment and obtain a social security card. As for the timeline from the USCIS (you will never hear anything from the INS as they no longer exist) that varies from district office to district office.

You don't say which one you are dealing with but since you claim to have filed at the district office you are using one of the offices that went on to the new filing system in April, 2005. This might or might not have a direct bearing on why your adjustment interview has not yet been scheduled. Also I'm assuming you have not checked the USCIS timeline page to determine just what the "proposed" timeline is for your local district office. And I also assume you are unaware that anything written as to timelines by the USCIS is fictional in nature and should never be used as anything more than a generalized guideline and not believed as gospel according to DHS.
Hi Rete:

The timeline for any particular case is VERY easy to figure out and is not "fiction." However, people seem to lose interest in the subject once they have the requisite information to plot the timeline. I've noted that questions are only posed when it is a matter of speculation.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:35 pm
Franjan

> Hi Fran,
    > 1. When did you file the I-130 and I-485?
    > 2. What's your local service center?
    > 3. Depending on when you sent your petitions in, you should have either
    > mailed the medical along with them, or bring the medical to your
    > interview. The rules on this just changed recently.
    > If you answer these questions, we can help you further. Also, you can
    > find current processing times for your local service center here:
    > https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
    > Best Wishes,
    > Rene

Thanks for the reply. I filed the application here in Newark, NJ.
Recipt notice was dated Jan 8, 2005. I have not done any medical exam.
I am wondering if the dates posted on the website applies even for
wives of USC, because from my understanding, immediate relatives e.g.
spouse do not have priority dates. I've looked at the website and it
shows that I485 currently processing April 2003!!! this is kind of
frustrating!!!

Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. I filed the application here in Newark, NJ. Recipt notice was dated Jan 8, 2005. I have not done any medical exam.
I am wondering if the dates posted on the website applies even for
wives of USC, because from my understanding, immediate relatives e.g.
spouse do not have priority dates. I've looked at the website and it
shows that I485 currently processing April 2003!!! this is kind of
frustrating!!!
Hi Fran,

You filed 6 months ago, that's not so very long ago. And yes, it's very likely it is taking about 2 years to get your AOS interview. In the meantime you can get your EAD and AP, and keep renewing them until you have your AOS interview. And yes, the dates posted applies to any spouse of a USC, whether male or female. I know New York does have about a 2-year wait for an interview...not sure about NJ.

Just wondering what is so frustrating about it, other than the fact that you have to renew EAD and AP every year? That's a pain in the rear, but it's only once a year and it's not too difficult.

Also.....a big question is....were you required to file at your local office, OR at the Chicago lockbox? I don't remember offhand the states that were required to file at Chicago by the time Jan. 8 came around. I'll see if I can find that out. USCIS changed their policy on where to mail the forms, but didn't change all the instructions on the forms yet.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 7th 2005 at 9:55 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

NJ was in the first group to HAVE to file at the Chicago lockbox. I don't recall the date when Phase 1 went into affect.

To the OP, yes the timeline on the CIS website refers to spouses of USCs. Priority dates for spouses of non-USCs have to do with the I-130 which is filed first and only when their priority date is current can they file the I-1485.

Yes, Newark is up to two years or more behind. They are basically on the same timeframe as New Yorkers.

Rete

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Fran,

You filed 6 months ago, that's not so very long ago. And yes, it's very likely it is taking about 2 years to get your AOS interview. In the meantime you can get your EAD and AP, and keep renewing them until you have your AOS interview. And yes, the dates posted applies to any spouse of a USC, whether male or female. I know New York does have about a 2-year wait for an interview...not sure about NJ.

Just wondering what is so frustrating about it, other than the fact that you have to renew EAD and AP every year? That's a pain in the rear, but it's only once a year and it's not too difficult.

Also.....a big question is....were you required to file at your local office, OR at the Chicago lockbox? I don't remember offhand the states that were required to file at Chicago by the time Jan. 8 came around. I'll see if I can find that out. USCIS changed their policy on where to mail the forms, but didn't change all the instructions on the forms yet.

Best Wishes,
Rene