Reload this Page >

Timeframe Packet 3 from London

Timeframe Packet 3 from London

Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:24 am
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Timeframe Packet 3 from London

Hi,
I was notified by NVC via letter,dated July 30th that my fiance visa petition case has been forwarded to the US Embassy in London. What is the "normal" timeframe for the fiance to receive packet 3? Is there anyway to check the status? When I look on the London US Embassy website, they direct you to USCIS webiste but that hasn't been updated since the I-129F was approved out of Nebraska.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeframe Packet 3 from London

Originally Posted by cew602
Hi,
I was notified by NVC via letter,dated July 30th that my fiance visa petition case has been forwarded to the US Embassy in London. What is the "normal" timeframe for the fiance to receive packet 3? Is there anyway to check the status? When I look on the London US Embassy website, they direct you to USCIS webiste but that hasn't been updated since the I-129F was approved out of Nebraska.
Hi there. I don't think there is a 'normal' timeframe, but you can email the London consulate and ask if they have received your petition yet. The email address is [email protected] . You won't be able to track anything with your petition online at this point, you have to get in contact with the consulate instead. Here is a bit of our timeline below, but as you know nothing is consistent with this process, so it's only a guess at best:

01/07/2004 - NVC received file
01/12/2004 - Case forwarded to London Consulate
01/16/2004 - London receives Petition
01/16/2004 - London posts Packet 3 (but we think it was more like the 17th or 20th)
01/24/2004 - Rec'd Packet 3 in our grubby paws

No worries, you are almost reunited!

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:55 am
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Timeframe Packet 3 from London

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hi there. I don't think there is a 'normal' timeframe, but you can email the London consulate and ask if they have received your petition yet. The email address is [email protected] . You won't be able to track anything with your petition online at this point, you have to get in contact with the consulate instead. Here is a bit of our timeline below, but as you know nothing is consistent with this process, so it's only a guess at best:

01/07/2004 - NVC received file
01/12/2004 - Case forwarded to London Consulate
01/16/2004 - London receives Petition
01/16/2004 - London posts Packet 3 (but we think it was more like the 17th or 20th)
01/24/2004 - Rec'd Packet 3 in our grubby paws

No worries, you are almost reunited!

Cheers,
Jamie
Thank you for the email address!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Buzzy Muffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely email the Consulate. At least you'll have the peace of mind that your petition made it. And as we all know, any peace of mind in this process is well worth the taking! We're not much ahead of you, so take a look at our timeline if that helps.

Good luck!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:35 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy Muffle
Definitely email the Consulate. At least you'll have the peace of mind that your petition made it. And as we all know, any peace of mind in this process is well worth the taking! We're not much ahead of you, so take a look at our timeline if that helps.

Good luck!
Don't forget to include you LND case number and your beneficiary's name so you can get a specific answer.
Good luck