Reload this Page >

Time from medical to interview

Time from medical to interview

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

DrDogbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time from medical to interview

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you don't mind my asking, why are you using a lawyer?
Ah well when we were going through the motions back in November we thought that the paperwork looked a little complicated and with something as important as this neither one of us wanted to mess this up. Granted in hindsight the lawyer & her paralegal haven't been as effective as I'd have liked (such as 2 days to respond to an email) but in other senses they have been good at collating things and advising us on the types of evidence that we've needed to collect from the last 3.5 years

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Conversion to the next visa = adjustment of status. No visa or conversion involved. it takes between 60 - 90 days to get AP in hand after filing AOS. Best not to plan any travel back to UK until you have AP in hand. Rene
Yes this is one thing that the Lawyer informed us about that once I arrive in the US it will be 2-3 months to get the AP, however during this time I am not allowed to leave the country, which was the original plan before but changed on this advice.

I'm still waiting on the lawyer coming back to me but will update when I know more
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrDogbert
... once I arrive in the US it will be 2-3 months to get the AP, however during this time I am not allowed to leave the country...
To clarify, you definitely are allowed to leave the US at any time you want - after all, you're not a prisoner! The problem, however, will come when you attempt to return to the US.

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The problem, however, will come when you attempt to return to the US.

Ian
Sadly this agrees with the lawyer's POV as well and why we took the decision to split the legal and celebratory parts of the marriage up by a couple of months. Besides Italy should have cooled down by October from its very hot point in September
Old Jun 7th 2014, 11:59 am
Just Joined

UPDATE - The Letter for the interview arrive this morning after the DS-130 was submitted on the 5th June

Thanks again everyone
Old Jun 7th 2014, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrDogbert
UPDATE - The Letter for the interview arrive this morning after the DS-130 was submitted on the 5th June
Great - things seem to be moving along now!

Ian