Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is there any way to monitor your case online?

Wikiposts

Is there any way to monitor your case online?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Hairball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there any way to monitor your case online?

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way you can see the progress of your case through the US website. It seems that for some methods of application you can enter you case number and get more information.

I am filing DCF in London for a CR1 visa, and I can't find anything that allows me to do this, but I wonder if anyone knows better.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there any way to monitor your case online?

Unfortunately, there is no online way to check status of a petition filed outside of the US.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Unfortunately, there is no online way to check status of a petition filed outside of the US.
Darn...

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hairball
I wonder if there's a way you can see the progress of your case through the US website.
Even if there was a way, you don't want to do this. It'll take about 4-6 months from point A to point B. Focus on the big picture.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way you can see the progress of your case through the US website. It seems that for some methods of application you can enter you case number and get more information.

I am filing DCF in London for a CR1 visa, and I can't find anything that allows me to do this, but I wonder if anyone knows better.

Thanks
When you read about people tracking their case online, the part they are tracking is the USCIS Service Center petition approval in the USA. Once their petition is approved and sent overseas, they can't track it online anymore either.

Since you filed your petition directly overseas, you are completely skipping the US Service Center part of the process, so there is nothing for you to track online.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
When you read about people tracking their case online, the part they are tracking is the USCIS Service Center petition approval in the USA. .......
Rene
Which by the way is about as useful as astro turf to a grazing cow.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
This is all you need to know about our petition:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html
As of Friday, June 18, 2010, we are processing petitions filed on April 19, 2010.

You should start preparing your visa application documents now, if you're in a hurry.
If you want to know just to know, forget about it.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 5:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

And there's no online way to check the progress of the visa application part of the process in any case.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, all

I am being impatient to be honest. I am currently waiting for my interview letter as I sent my DS2001 and DS230 back 2 weeks ago.

I am finding it quite stressful not knowing which is combined with the stress of my impending departure.

I'll just have to relax and wait for the wheels to turn, but as I guess we all want a resolution to such a big deal as this.

Thanks again
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, all

I am being impatient to be honest. I am currently waiting for my interview letter as I sent my DS2001 and DS230 back 2 weeks ago.

I am finding it quite stressful not knowing which is combined with the stress of my impending departure.

I'll just have to relax and wait for the wheels to turn, but as I guess we all want a resolution to such a big deal as this.

Thanks again
OK, you are out of the USCIS part of your processing and with the Consulate now. You are dealing with a new department of the gov't... Dept of State.

Use the wiki (link in my sig).. it really does walk you through each step. Your interview will likely not be for 8 weeks or so yet, based on others' experiences.
I know that doesn't narrow it down, but it's a fairly fluid process, you just have to ride along.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
OK, you are out of the USCIS part of your processing and with the Consulate now. You are dealing with a new department of the gov't... Dept of State.

Use the wiki (link in my sig).. it really does walk you through each step. Your interview will likely not be for 8 weeks or so yet, based on others' experiences.
I know that doesn't narrow it down, but it's a fairly fluid process, you just have to ride along.
Thanks,

I will work on being less impatient and await their letter.