Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Thanks everyone>>I-129F petition questions?please help

Thanks everyone>>I-129F petition questions?please help

Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:59 am
Trinity 490

Default Thanks everyone>>I-129F petition questions?please help

I wanted to thank all you kind people who responded to my question.
You were all a big help. It is great to know that there are so many
other people who have gone, or are going, through this K1 process and
are willing to help. Somehow I feel a bit better. I find it amazing
that David9287 included 100 emails with his I-129F!...I hope I can get
by with just 1/5th of that, or maybe 1/10th, although I'm sure could
include 100. By the way, were those emails sent printed out with one
email per page, or can you submit that kind of stuff on a cd or
floppies?? I was happy to know that Rene didn't send any emails at
all and had no problems Anyway, it seems that I have plenty of
evidence and hopefully all will come together fine with the petition.
Thank you all again for your detailed and informative replies. I
really appreciate it.

I wish you all luck...and I need lots of luck too...no surprise,huh
    ::T::

Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks everyone>>I-129F petition questions?please help

Originally posted by Trinity 490
I wanted to thank all you kind people who responded to my question.
You were all a big help. It is great to know that there are so many
other people who have gone, or are going, through this K1 process and
are willing to help. Somehow I feel a bit better. I find it amazing
that David9287 included 100 emails with his I-129F!...I hope I can get
by with just 1/5th of that, or maybe 1/10th, although I'm sure could
include 100. By the way, were those emails sent printed out with one
email per page, or can you submit that kind of stuff on a cd or
floppies?? I was happy to know that Rene didn't send any emails at
all and had no problems Anyway, it seems that I have plenty of
evidence and hopefully all will come together fine with the petition.
Thank you all again for your detailed and informative replies. I
really appreciate it.

I wish you all luck...and I need lots of luck too...no surprise,huh
    ::T::
Hi Trinity!
You're welcome :-) In general, USCIS does not like evidence such as videos, CDs, floppies. A few pertinent emails printed out on plain paper should suffice, if you want to include that....just to show you communicate and that you're planning a life together.
Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Trinity,

I find it ludicrous. And people wonder why there's a backlog at the service centers.

The I-129f requires proof of having met in person in the last 2 years. E-mails do not contribute to that.

The I-129f also requires a simple statement of intentions from the petitioner and from the beneficiary. E-mails (and letters, and phone records) may provide support in this area, but they are not at all necessary. Save them for the visa interview.

Congratulations to Rene, she's set the better example.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Trinity 490
.... I find it amazing that [name deleted to protect the quilty] included 100 emails with his I-129F!...I hope I can get by with just 1/5th of that, or maybe 1/10th, although I'm sure could include 100. .... I was happy to know that Rene didn't send any emails at all and had no problems ....
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:29 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I didn't include any emails at all. For our evidence we included several photocopied airplane tickets showing the destination leading to each others cities. We also included like 5 photos of vacations we tok together and some that we just had from hanging out together. I couldn't find the receipt for it at the time, but if you have one you may want to include an engagement ring receipt for example (unless you have that already).
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Trinity,

I find it ludicrous. And people wonder why there's a backlog at the service centers.

The I-129f requires proof of having met in person in the last 2 years. E-mails do not contribute to that.

The I-129f also requires a simple statement of intentions from the petitioner and from the beneficiary. E-mails (and letters, and phone records) may provide support in this area, but they are not at all necessary. Save them for the visa interview.

Congratulations to Rene, she's set the better example.

Regards, JEff
What? You mean I shouldn't send copies of the 100+ Yahoo and MSN instant message conversations that I've saved to my hard drive? Of course, some of them could prove rather, uhhmm, interesting to read (if you get my point). But I should print them out so that Scott could take them to the interview in London? Just curious if they would really be necessary at all?

Jamie
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:39 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
What? You mean I shouldn't send copies of the 100+ Yahoo and MSN instant message conversations that I've saved to my hard drive? ;-) Of course, some of them could prove rather, uhhmm, interesting to read (if you get my point). But I should print them out so that Scott could take them to the interview in London? Just curious if they would really be necessary at all?

Jamie
Personally they didn't ask me for further proof of our relationship. They just asked how we met and I answered it. They didn't want any paper proof of it or anything. That's just my personal experience though.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Trinity

I know it's confusing. Try to remember what they're looking for. When submitting your I-129F, they are looking for evidence that you have met at least once within the past 2 years. That's all that's required at this point. Pictures together (dated within the past 2 years), airline boarding passes, passport stamps showing travel during that time.

The interview stage is where they are looking for evidence of engagement. This is where you might include engagement photos, ring receipt, communication showing plans for the future, congratulatory cards/emails from friends/family, phone bills indicating continued communication during the process, etc. This is the part where they might question the validity of the relationhip.

In my case, I included phone bills with the I-129F at the advice of my attorney just to show a continuous relationship over 2 years time.

Good luck!
Rene
Old Nov 14th 2003, 4:46 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie,

Excellent point - when proof is required, be selective in what you provide. You want to answer the question at hand, not introduce new questions that (in the worst case) could lead to lines of inquiry where you don't want to be.

These things may be asked for, they may not. Better to be prepared and not need them then to be asked and not have anything available.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
What? You mean I shouldn't send copies of the 100+ Yahoo and MSN instant message conversations that I've saved to my hard drive? ;-) Of course, some of them could prove rather, uhhmm, interesting to read (if you get my point). But I should print them out so that Scott could take them to the interview in London? Just curious if they would really be necessary at all?

Jamie