Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Teenager hopeful to make it in two areas in America.

Wikiposts

Teenager hopeful to make it in two areas in America.

Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Location: Live in England down at the far end being Cornwall. From London
gunning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teenager hopeful to make it in two areas in America.

Hi, I would like to start by asking for some help.

I am 19 and looking to move to America for the following reasons. I am an athlete that competes at a high standard with aims to reach the 2016 olympics. I feel that America can offer me more in terms of the support and training that i need. The country interests me massively and i would like to think i can use my talents in running and business to do even better.

I currently work for a large private company that deals in selling high end cars. I am an apprentice salesman however I have had experience in highly paid sales jobs since i left college.

I left college with a sports diploma however i am not relying on that to get myself a visa. I have started a business that is currently running, it is small but has huge potential and shows my entrepreneurial skills.

where do i start with employment and a visa?

Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:49 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenager hopeful to make it in two areas in America.

As many people will be along shortly to tell you, the US isn't one of those countries you can just up and move to. Follow this link:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified

If you see yourself anywhere on there, great, come back and ask some more specific questions. If you don't, then your dream is unlikely to come true.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gunning
Hi, I would like to start by asking for some help.

I am 19 and looking to move to America for the following reasons. I am an athlete that competes at a high standard with aims to reach the 2016 olympics. I feel that America can offer me more in terms of the support and training that i need. The country interests me massively and i would like to think i can use my talents in running and business to do even better.

I currently work for a large private company that deals in selling high end cars. I am an apprentice salesman however I have had experience in highly paid sales jobs since i left college.

I left college with a sports diploma however i am not relying on that to get myself a visa. I have started a business that is currently running, it is small but has huge potential and shows my entrepreneurial skills.

Thanks
I think you could look at some international sports scholarships if you're as good as you say you are.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gunning

With a job offer, or a shed load of cash.

But, as mentioned, if you are decent at sport, the college route with a sports scholarship might be doable.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another vote for the college route.