Reload this Page >

Tax Transcript & Latest Tax return

Tax Transcript & Latest Tax return

Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

MrSunu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Transcript & Latest Tax return

Hi all,
I'm in the middle of an IR-1 application with USCIS London. A couple of questions:
I've requested online mailing of Tax transcript for 14 & 13 on the IRS website, would anyone know from past experience how long it takes to arrive to the UK?
Also, we're in the process of filing the 2015 tax return under an extension. I only have a one line document for the extension acknowledgement, is that enough to satisfy the consular officer that 15 was not filed late, but within the extension period?

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2016, 11:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Transcript & Latest Tax return

You need the most recent 3 years of tax returns. If you filed an extension for 2015, then your 3 most recent returns will be 2014, 2013, and 2012, along with putrid of the extension for 2015.

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene for your reply! Yes it is an option, but the extension runs to mid October, my interview date will be probably be close to that and I thought I would not run the risk and rather have 2015 filed now and have 15 / 14 / 13 for the interview.
I need transcripts for 14/13 bc of late filing and my main concern now is how long will it take for the transcripts to arrive, so if anyone has had to do it from London any feedback is welcome....
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you filed an extension for 2015, then your 3 most recent returns will be 2014, 2013, and 2012, along with proof of the extension for 2015.
Well, that just stinks!

Ian

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 26th 2016 at 12:47 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using your own income/assets to qualify, or are you using a joint sponsor? If using a joint sponsor, your tax returns become less important, as it will be the joint sponsor's that are looked at.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 26th 2016 at 12:47 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrSunu
I've requested online mailing of Tax transcript for 14 & 13 on the IRS website, would anyone know from past experience how long it takes to arrive to the UK?
I wasn't aware that the IRS sent tax transcripts overseas! But, if they do, it'll likely take a month or so... since they're unlikely to send them via air mail. If the transcripts don't arrive in time for the interview, you'll need a complete photocopy of each tax return.

Ian
Old Aug 26th 2016, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

OK thanks guys for all the response.
Rene: Well it's a good question. My wife (Sponsor) would need to find a new job so I'm not sure her current income can qualify, but that being said our own assets are enough to qualify, so I was going on the basis of not having to show a joint sponsor. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) Anyhow my understanding was that being up to date with the IRS seems to be important and a condition to deliver the VISA from UCSIS's perspective (As per Foreign Affair Manual 9 FAM 302.8-2(B)(4)) so I don't want to be sloppy.

Ian: Well, when you do it online, it is stated that your last year's tax return address will be used, which is in London for us. I have the bad feeling that they won't use air mail indeed and yes in that case it might take about a month, let's see if someone can post a practical experience...
Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:53 pm

Yes, you can use your own assets (at 3x the anoint needed in income). In that case, yes, showing your tax retiring will be important.

As Ian said, if you don't get the transcript in time, just provide a photocopy of each entire tax return (all pages and earning statements).

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not verify identity and download tax transcripts instantly?
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, you can use your own assets (at 3x the anoint needed in income). In that case, yes, showing your tax retiring will be important.
Okay - you really need to turn off autocorrect on your phone! Just sayin'!

Ian
Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
Can you not verify identity and download tax transcripts instantly?
I just looked, and it seems like you can, yes.

www.irs.gov

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2016, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

No you can't, to get to this instant download section you need a US cell number, it's explained on the London embassy website here:
https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...eral-benefits/
Old Aug 26th 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by MrSunu
No you can't, to get to this instant download section you need a US cell number, it's explained on the London embassy website here:
https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen...eral-benefits/
Ah, thanks for that.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2016, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

No worries. I've also faxed a 4506T form to mail the transcripts to a relative in the US and have them send it via airmail to speed up the process. I will post back on timeline details of each route for reference to others...
Old Sep 8th 2016, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I wanted to leave an update for others:
I requested IRS transcripts online on the 23 August 2016 and received them yesterday, the 07 September 2016 so it took 15 calendar days to reach London (With a US bank holiday in between).

They were requested here:
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
Using the "Get Transcript by Mail" option.