tax transcript

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:36 pm
Sureyya Raza

Default tax transcript

what is the number for ordering tax transcripts??

THNKS

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:51 pm
Jg

Default Re: tax transcript

This is the form you need to fill out whether you go to your local office or
order it via mail.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-fill/f4506.pdf

JG

"Sureyya Raza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
newsezlb.847903$Ho3.257905@sccrnsc03...
    > what is the number for ordering tax transcripts??
    > THNKS

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

timesup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sureyya Raza
what is the number for ordering tax transcripts??

THNKS
I called and ordered mine over the phone. It was an automatic system and they sent it to the address that I had filed my most recent taxes at. I think they took about a week to arrive.

I can't recall which number I called, but I found it on their website and I think it was just the general help number. I found this this number, 1-800-829-1040, on their contact page today ( http://www.irs.gov/help/article/0,,id=96730,00.html ). I hope that helps.

Annie
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I got the 800 number out of my local phone book. I'm sure it's different for each state. Worked great, they were here in less than a week.

Leslie

Originally posted by timesup
I called and ordered mine over the phone. It was an automatic system and they sent it to the address that I had filed my most recent taxes at. I think they took about a week to arrive.

I can't recall which number I called, but I found it on their website and I think it was just the general help number. I found this this number, 1-800-829-1040, on their contact page today ( http://www.irs.gov/help/article/0,,id=96730,00.html ). I hope that helps.

Annie
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:25 pm
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1-800-829-1040

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/page/0,,id%3D15901,00.html

"In cases where an exact copy of the return is not needed, a "Tax Return Transcript" is available for returns in the 1040 series (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ). The tax return transcript shows most line items contained on the return as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes made by you, your representative or the IRS that occurred after filing. In most cases, a tax return transcript will meet the requirements for lending institutions for mortgage verification purposes. These transcripts are also widely accepted for financial aid and student loan purposes.

The transcript can be ordered by completing a Form 4506 (effective January 1, 2004, use Form 4506T to request all types of transcripts) or calling 1-800-829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time we receive your request. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years.

If you need a statement of your tax account which shows changes that you or the IRS made after the original return was filed, you must request a "Tax Account Transcript". This transcript shows basic data including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income, taxable income, payments and adjustments made on your account. You can request a "Tax Account Transcript" by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. You cannot use Form 4506 (or Form 4506T) to request a "Tax Account Transcript".

Form 4506 can also be used to get proof from the IRS that you did not file a tax return for a particular tax year. Forms can be downloaded at Forms & Pubs or ordered by calling 1-800-829-1040."
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

A question about this: Which is better to give for the I-134, tax transcripts or copies of my 1040 (EZ) which I filed electronically? The 1040's wouldn't have my signature I think, as they were filed electronically.

And to top that off, some of my income would not show up on my filed taxes - I received student loan residual checks that are not claimed on taxes because they are considered loans. This extra income would put me over the PGL for the past years', but as I said would not show up on taxes. So should I worry bout this extra income, or should I not worry about it for the I-134 and only get it later on for the I-864? Currently, I make well over the PGL, but have not filed taxes for my new job.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jamie
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:18 pm
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the point of the tax returns is to both prove you have paid taxes and that you derive an income. If you supply a letter from your employer stating the length of employment, position held and yearly income, that should be fine. You'll also have to submit paystubs - further verification that you make above the poverty guidlines. I don't think it matters that you didn't make that much during the last few years - it's what you're making now that counts.

I supplied tax transcripts with my affidavit of support, so I can't offer any advice about sending a copy of the electronic paperwork.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 11:41 pm
Tony

Polaris_x <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > You don't call. You have to fill out the form "F4506" from the IRS.
    > It's available on their website at http://www.irs.gov.

I beg your pardon, but you can call to get tax transcripts. The
number is 800-829-1040. It is completely automated. Just listen to
the prompts.

Anthony

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 1:45 am
Jeffrey Kobman

go to the IRS website and get the 4506 form
you can order transcripts (free) or copies of previous returns
the website for the form (in .pdf format) is
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-fill/f4506.pdf

Jeff

"Sureyya Raza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
newsezlb.847903$Ho3.257905@sccrnsc03...
    > what is the number for ordering tax transcripts??
    > THNKS

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:21 pm
Michael D. Young

Polaris_x wrote:

> I filled out the F4506. I even checked for them to be certified copies,
    > at the tune of $23 per year. So, each "set" cost me $69 (God I love
    > that number...okay, head out of the gutter). I ordered 2 sets. One to
    > tote around with us, and one to keep as a backup. In my opinion, when
    > dealing with government, it's best to always have certified copies. I'm
    > former Navy, which adds to my "anal" attitude with such things.

What do your certified copies look like? I sent in the form and my $23.00
and all I got were photocopies of our 1040 form and my W-2. The only thing
that made them look different from photocopies I could have made was that
the 1040 has a reference number printed at the top of the 1040.

Old Oct 24th 2003, 3:51 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is any reason whatsoever to get the certified copies. Unless ........ you've lost track of your originals.

Leslie

Originally posted by Michael D. Young
Polaris_x wrote:

> I filled out the F4506. I even checked for them to be certified copies,
    > at the tune of $23 per year. So, each "set" cost me $69 (God I love
    > that number...okay, head out of the gutter). I ordered 2 sets. One to
    > tote around with us, and one to keep as a backup. In my opinion, when
    > dealing with government, it's best to always have certified copies. I'm
    > former Navy, which adds to my "anal" attitude with such things.

What do your certified copies look like? I sent in the form and my $23.00
and all I got were photocopies of our 1040 form and my W-2. The only thing
that made them look different from photocopies I could have made was that
the 1040 has a reference number printed at the top of the 1040.